• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I hate kids (brawl related)

hyperhopper

Smash Ace
you should have challenged him to a life or death match right there in best buy.

lol a cage drops around you two with wiimote accessories instead of chainsaws and **** and you both brawl a brawl with so much on the line, with best buy employees yelling "TWO MAN ENTER ONE MAN LEAVE" and an Asian casual shopper who yells "YOU MUST RECOVER." And after you win, tina turner sings a song about thunderdome.

at least the world would be +1 intelligence due to the absence of that one n00b
that was epic

that is all

ZesuBen

Smash Journeyman
This reminds me of this one time, these freshman at my school thought they were hot stuff. They were talking about Brawl like they were the world champions. I walked up to them and said "You guys think you're good? I'll play you both, a team match. You two versus me and my six year old brother, Sam."

About a week later, they came over. Sam was Lucario (as a 6 year old, all he knows how to do is spam), I was G&W, and the two kids were Marth and Sonic.

The game ended with me going "Sam, can you take care of this last guy? I feel a wave of killing myself coming on." I jumped off the edge, wasted the rest of my stocks, and my six year old brother knocked out the Sonic, winning.

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
Wow, this thread was a good read. :D Good stories.
Personally, I hate it when someone says during/after a match:

"Where are the items?"
"I need some items!!"
"You only won cuz there were no items!"
"It's boring with no items!"
"Where is the Smash Ball?"
"I need a Smash Ball!"
"I'm not good when there's no items."

What's so great about them anyway....... :urg:

brinboy789

Smash Champion
i played with this one kid at church....he mains snake and doesnt know hwo to tilt...well i dont want to be mean but he was spamming NIKITA and FORWARD SMASH, PROBABLY SNAKES 2 WORST MOVES. i was thinking like "wtf?" lol...

SothE700k

Smash Lord
Wow, this thread was a good read. :D Good stories.
Personally, I hate it when someone says during/after a match:

"Where are the items?"
"I need some items!!"
"You only won cuz there were no items!"
"It's boring with no items!"
"Where is the Smash Ball?"
"I need a Smash Ball!"
"I'm not good when there's no items."

What's so great about them anyway....... :urg:
Know what's worse? When someone who has ALL items on high all the time, and they get lucky with some starmen and non-squeaky golden hammers and they say, "Hey! I'm getting pretty good at this game!"

Soon they start to get a head full of steam and say to you, "Hey, I'm good! I can beat you" and is serious about it.

*eye roll* Endless amount of times, items both on and off, I've had to clock them.

Frozt

Smash Apprentice
Know what's worse? When someone who has ALL items on high all the time, and they get lucky with some starmen and non-squeaky golden hammers and they say, "Hey! I'm getting pretty good at this game!"

Soon they start to get a head full of steam and say to you, "Hey, I'm good! I can beat you" and is serious about it.

*eye roll* Endless amount of times, items both on and off, I've had to clock them.
Marth's counter/Any reflector > N00by item matches

Pisses little kids off until they leave and play easy mode guitar hero next tv, so you can play a worthy opponent: Lv1 Ganon

Slasherx

Smash Ace
Dk punch him across the face and run.
lawl noobs will do anything not to look stupid, and they make it worst.

Black Hole CO

Smash Cadet
Meh that starman and Golden hammer could have appeared for you too. real skill is avoiding the player when he has that. (specially if your playing on FD), or still whupping your opponent when he gets a heart container. i think items make the game more interesting, gives you something to fight over.

TKD+ITA+Mar=

Smash Ace
you should have challenged him to a life or death match right there in best buy.

lol a cage drops around you two with wiimote accessories instead of chainsaws and **** and you both brawl a brawl with so much on the line, with best buy employees yelling "TWO MAN ENTER ONE MAN LEAVE" and an Asian casual shopper who yells "YOU MUST RECOVER." And after you win, tina turner sings a song about thunderdome.

at least the world would be +1 intelligence due to the absence of that one n00b
I love you.

aeghrur

Smash Champion
This makes me look back and make me think I was immature...
See it happened like this:
I brought my Wii to my friends house.
So we had a ton of people playing brawl, with items, smash balls, 4 people, etc. They were new but we trash talked so yeah, lol, fun. But I went marth, because he's a secondary of mine. Anyways, I was trash talking, but I lost to a Lucas, who upsmashed us a lot, lol.
Of course, I challenged him 1 on 1 with sonic and won... but yeah. =/ Makes me see myself as immature there, lol.

:093:

mariofanpm12

Smash Ace
At a smash tourney i recently hosted, there was this guy who didnt know what smash was so i tried to tell him and all. I said that your could use normal and special attacks, etc. I told him you could also attack in the air.

Then some guy comes up and says "You can attack in the air?"

Second that same guy was facing another player. The match was really lame, with spam and jumping and taunting galore. They both had 200+ damage, and everyone was yelling "someone do a smash attack!".

That guy said "I would if Smash balls were on!".

And then, after a bunch of people complained about items being off, one said that he was going to have his own tournament with items set on high, any stage, and in super sudden death and that hed win. I laughed.

Veggi

Smash Champion
A money match should have been done. It would be like this, challenge him and say that if the kid lost he had to give you hisallowance and he won then you would give him 5 dollars. So he would say "Nooo, I need it to buy Poke'mon cards." Proceed to tell him that if he could actually win, there would be no reason for him to not accept. Either way you get his allowance.

I have friends that sort of act like this, according to them, I always win because I just play gay with every character.

Veggi

Smash Champion
I know what you mean.

I dropped off the edge backwards during a cargo with DK and down threw my friend under the stage and he yells "stop it, you're destroying all of my lives!' I also picked Dedede when both of them picked MK and they told me I couldn't use him because he was too cheap. What annoys me more than anything is online when people put on a bunch of items on very high and then do some taunt that says "I owned you" or something after a kill.

mariofanpm12

Smash Ace
I know what you mean.

I dropped off the edge backwards during a cargo with DK and down threw my friend under the stage and he yells "stop it, you're destroying all of my lives!' I also picked Dedede when both of them picked MK and they told me I couldn't use him because he was too cheap. What annoys me more than anything is online when people put on a bunch of items on very high and then do some taunt that says "I owned you" or something after a kill.
I know right? The kids nowadays scream and yell when any Item appears. If items are off they sometiimes even cry.

also, somebody asked me at that same tourney why i made it so items were off.

i said that it made the game more fair. they said items made things fair.

Immortal_One

Smash Apprentice
It's the common excuse of the terrible player, "I wasn't trying"
What's worse is when a kid is spamming an attack over and over again and actually gets somewhere with it.

SSJ5Goku8932

Smash Lord
To all defending the Kid,if you were the father,what would you do if he was acting like a Jack***?

akkon888

Smash Journeyman
Wow, I've seen all these responses, and they are very true. But there is a line here, going from "There really was a serious lag spike that messed up my PK Thunder a bit" and "I can't move because my controller is broken". I have an extremely high tolerance for excuses, but when it gets outrageous I draw the line, and that was an outrageous excuse that the kid made.

DQP

Smash Ace
i don't like kids like that
you should see me playing Mario Kart Wii with the little kids on wifi, they quit all the time LOL

Geist

Smash Master
Destroy him with sarcasm.
He might be too stupid to know what you're talking about, his father can't say anything to you, and you have yourself a nice personal inside joke.

Ledge camping with MK works well too.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
lol i'm one of those kids, and getting these reactions makes us piss in our pants when we meet in our clubhouse on wednesday, after school. we start up our windows 98 and go to smashboard forum. from there on we read this thread and new posts appear, and they make us giggle and feel each other for fun. after that we go home, play online and choose ike and spam click A till our 4 wii-motes are broken, after which we're olimar and we just throw pacman at them in a 2v2 fight. thank you, mice, for entertaining us. you were a very good test subject, we'd like to thank you with a barrel roll
Lmao, I posted this in september. Still as epic as ever.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
Although I agree with what you say and kids like this are annoying, keep in mind that he's 7-9 years old. Most kids like this are still in elementary school and think they're hot **** for kicking a homerun in a game of kickball with 10 other *******. Although, it is nice to send them crying when you brutally destroy them in games such as brawl.

AquaTech

We hit the potjack
Way to pick a fight with a little kid, TC.

Reminds me of a time I was at BestBuy playing Guitar Hero with a kid. We were both doing Expert, but kept failing because he sucked. He was on Bass too. His solution? Switch me onto Bass and he'll play the even harder parts. He failed again. His next solution? Cancel me out, so I can watch him play and "see how good he is" ... I'm not even kidding.

PrepareYourself

Smash Ace
I can really relate to this. I was playing Brawl at the Wii Experience section at SixFlags (whole buncha Wiis with whole buncha games) and this little kid comes up to me. I was still a noob (didn't know about DI, glide toss, etc.) but was able to win the game. He calls it luck and challenges me to a rematch. He turns on ALL of the items on HIGH and kills me with ray gun gimps and Sonic's Final Smash. Then he's grinning and saying "That's what I'm talking about." I'm kinda ticked at this point and decided to use my main (back then): Ike. His cursor was already on it, I saw. Then he says "GET OFFA MAH CHARACTER!" Then he walks away and tells his little sisters that I'm a noob.

-_-

I want to challenge him to a money match NO IDEMS someday. **** him up.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I remember there was a family party at my house and all the little kids claimed they could beat me...

After owning them.. in FFAs.. cause Ike is beast in FFAs as it is... They all back off except one who claims he hasn't played in a long time and forgot how to play his main... then says he mains MK and G&W...

I think MK and G&W might end up being top tier for n00bs too.

Zylar

Smash Ace
I got the chance to play one of my campers (13 years), I was pika, he was Link.
I didn't know about ATs or competative play at the time.
3 stock, 2 stock, 3 stock.
Each ending with the "HOW IS THIS POSSSIBBLLLEE!!! I'm the best there IS!!! I NEVAR lose!!!
We switch, him Pika, me link. Closer battle, I still win.

Every other camper decides he just sucked. I decided to let others play.
Three other people played him, each got three stocked by his Link. After each match with him they johned, and I just laughed.
No one wanted to play me ever again except the one I actually played. :D

ook

Smash Lord
This is a long post.

A story:

I was at my little cousin's birthday party a couple weeks ago, and we were playing Brawl. :chuckle:
But, he had his cousins there too, who are these 2 dweeby 13-year-old mamma's boys who think they're cool cause they can play Guitar Hero on medium. :ohwell:

So anyway, we were messin' around, playing 5-stock FFAs with all items on high, on custom stages, using Captain Falcon, all that stuff.

All the while, his cousins were talking about how good they were. (One of them used Ike and charged eruptions the whole game, the other used Sonic and spammed homing attack [lol]) taking it wayyyyyyyyy seriously.

After a while, it was time to sing and eat cake and ice cream (awesome) so we paused the game.
As soon as we paused it, one of them shouted "DON'T PAUSE! :mad:"

We lol'd. Then he said "It's not funny! You DO NOT PAUSE in the middle of a BATTLE!"
And we were like, "...it's time for cake and ice cream."
But he said, "I was on the edge of a cliff! I'm going to die now!"
We said, "dude, we're just messing around... no one cares who wins." and we got up to go to the kitchen for the cake.

So, while everyone was eating, they were telling their mom all about what happened. And she was agreeing with them! As I walked past them to go to the bathroom, the mom not-so-subtly said "Well, that's how some people cheat. They think they won, but they really didn't. They're cheaters, it's sad."

At this point I was thinking "WHAT?" and I had to hold in the laughter. like, cmon... seriously? we were just having fun, and it was time to eat cake :dizzy:

Anyway, after that, I went back to the game and unpaused (the guy was already dead). And I took my other cousin's controller (who is cool, and can take a joke) and ran off the edge and paused again. :chuckle:

We all came back, and I told him "You better jump ;)"
He understood :chuckle:

So anyway, after the game, the guy who died's brother looked at me and said in a solemn voice, "I've never seen anyone cheat SO much...."
me and my cool cousin had to hold in the lols.

So that ended that game. But it gets worse.
The next game we were playing on this custom stage that was all rotating platforms. And the guy who was Ike kept missing his recovery and SD'ing.

Literally, every time he would do it, he slammed the controller on the ground and yelled.
And the worst part was, it was not at his house, so it was not his controller! He was almost breaking my cousin's controller because he couldn't recover with aether in a custom-stage FFA!

Finally his dad came over and told him "You need to stop that. If someone did that at your house with your controller, you wouldn't like it either."
Thank God for that. I can't even imagine what he would do if someone actually did that at his house.

So anyway, it was time to go. I swear, if we weren't related in some distant way, I would never lay eyes on that kid again.

Not to mention, some people were playing Rock Band in the basement, they watched for a bit, and went back up mumbling about how they were "butchering" the song.

wtf man?

Top Bottom