• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I hate kids (brawl related)

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I went into Best Buy and noticed that they set up a Wii console with Brawl on one of the big screen TVs near the couch for customers to try out. When I got there, there was a 7-9 year old kid playing. I got a Wiimote and I sat down beside the little kid.

Apparently, the kid thought he was some hot **** and kept boasting about how awesome he is at the game. So then, we proceeded to set up a match. After the first game, I won. He said "Oh, I wasn't trying that time you know. I was letting you win." Okay, right. So then we played 4 more games. Owned him each game. After each game, the little f*cker would make up some ******** excuse like "Since you were a beginner, I went easy on you. Do you want me to go hard on you?" To which I would reply, "yeah, bring it." He would still lose. But that's not all, he would then say "I was going medium on you, don't worry, I'm really good." On the last game, the kid started making bull**** excuses about how the controller stopped working and random **** like that. The funniest part was when I was leading him with 2 lives, he would say "hey, my controller isn't working, I wasn't playing, y'know. You can go ahead and kill me now."

F*cking hell, if his dad wasn't nearby, I would've curb stomped the little ****er right there. So in the end, I left

Didnt bother reading other post.
But wow if a lil kid makes you that mad over a game....I dont know what to say.
Many people make excuses like these, its pretty common. You just have to stay humble.
And since it was only a 7 year old it's really nothing to get so angry over....

bob-charley

Smash Apprentice
It was a kid in a Best Buy, dude. There's a difference between a 7-year-old kid who likely has little to no knowledge of the competitive Smash community thinking he's good and a genuine noob who's old enough to know better.

See, it's incidents like these that make the Smash Bros. players the black sheeps of the fighting game community. You'll never see a Tekken player or a Soul Calibur player or a Street Fighter player fight some random kid at a demo station with tournament level ferocity, because they tend to understand the difference between gaming for fun and gaming to win. Smash players, though?...

"Hey, kid, I see you've been playing for all of ten minutes now. Mind if I play too? 'KAY, NO ITEMS, FOX ONLY, FINAL DESTINATION, NO JOHNS, TAKE THAT YOU SCRUB, LOLOLOLOLOLOL."

yummynbeefy

Smash Champion
when i beat some kid with pit he was like "pits the cheapest character in the game pick someone else" so i picked rob (i didnt even play with rob at the time) and still beat him by 2 stocks and then he was like "OMG pick someone really slow" so then i picked bowser and i still owned him by 2 stocks then he literally started crying because he thought he was so good with samus (i really felt bad and not bad at the same time) not bad because hes the one who started it and bad because i made him cry

MBreeto

Smash Ace
when i beat some kid with pit he was like "pits the cheapest character in the game pick someone else" so i picked rob (i didnt even play with rob at the time) and still beat him by 2 stocks and then he was like "OMG pick someone really slow" so then i picked bowser and i still owned him by 2 stocks then he literally started crying because he thought he was so good with samus (i really felt bad and not bad at the same time) not bad because hes the one who started it and bad because i made him cry
you should have just got in his face and did a victory dance when he was crying. It would make him a tougher person (hopefully) and then maybe he'll try harder to get better... or just stay a pansy.

peeup

Smash Lord
lol you have to realize two things here:

We play brawl competitively. We train to get better, we work on ATs, and we practice against other humans, not CPUs. That little kid definetely didn't.

Secondly, he's 7. That means that he looooves to get under people's skin. I did at the time, and I still do =D . At first he probably was defending his title because he was better than his friends or something, but at the end he must have realized that you were getting annoyed.

Little kids ftw.

lilmister

Smash Apprentice
Just take out the batteries in his wiimote and punch him on the neck
That's the way to deal with Johns

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
How annoying. Little kids are always like that when it comes to gaming.

Btw, in my fangame, Super Smash Bros Crusade, you won't have that problem because little kids don't know how to download fangames from yoyogames.com. Just thought I'd point that out. It's not like I'm PROMOTING THE GAME or anything.

Zeruda

Smash Cadet
What's bad is when they start screaming in the store because you won, and their parents come over and think you hit their kid or something. Oi freakin' vei.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
The best thing to do is claim that this is your first time playing.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
To the OP: I hate it because it's evidence of kind of society we live in and how no one realizes that you only get better through losing. That kid has been taught to win at whatever cost, no matter what happens, and that if he loses, he's a failure, hence why he felt the need to make up ridiculous excuses about why he didn't win.

The sad part is, had the kid been old enough, he probably would've threatened you with violence for beating him.

It's sad, and the sadder part is that because of this, you wind up with a population of people who can't lose gracefully and typically get angry or make excuses when they lose. What's worse is when they actually win, they gloat like crazy.

No one ever got better at a game by winning every match. They get better by losing a whole lot so they can learn from their mistakes and become better in the long run. Those who accept their losses and keep playing are the ones who will become great some day.

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
1. When they lose and whine; simply tell them that thier mother doesn't love them anymore, they lost becuase they're actually ******** but thier family won't tell them. Remember to point out that the world would be better off without them. State that Santa isn't real and thier parents give them gifts becuase he/she is a spoiled brat. If the child begins to cry, get in thier face and immitate thier pathetic crying. Let your friends take over the newly open controller at the demo station.
2. ??????
3. Profit!

It works for me every time!:bee:

PrepareYourself

Smash Ace
1. When they lose and whine; simply tell them that thier mother doesn't love them anymore, they lost becuase they're actually ******** but thier family won't tell them. Remember to point out that the world would be better off without them. State that Santa isn't real and thier parents give them gifts becuase he/she is a spoiled brat. If the child begins to cry, get in thier face and immitate thier pathetic crying. Let your friends take over the newly open controller at the demo station.
2. ??????
3. Profit!

It works for me every time!:bee:
I'm not sure I get the first step. I'm fine with everything else.

If he johns, challenge him to a money match

neodoodot

Smash Rookie
NNID
Neodoodot
at my videogame club at my school, we get all sorts of excuses like that all the time ^^; some even start going on about how they think smash is a stupid game and how halo is better...ah well ^^;

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
at my videogame club at my school, we get all sorts of excuses like that all the time ^^; some even start going on about how they think smash is a stupid game and how halo is better...ah well ^^;
Guns = awesome
Halo has guns
Smash doesn't have many guns
.: Halo > Smash

Oddler

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OddlerPro
I remember reading this thread a long time ago and all I can think now is someone really does have emotional problems if they feel so outrageously competitive with SEVEN to NINE year olds.

These aren't even Teenagers....these are SEVEN TO NINE YEAR OLDS.

I hate saying it but seeing these threads makes me feel good about my short comings.....cus this was far beyond weird.

The furosious robot has left

Smash Journeyman
Uhh, blasters and lazers don't count as guns? Did you forget about Samus, Fox, Wolf, and Falco?
and snake.

I hate scrubs like that. they need to grow up.
even doing this "When they lose and whine; simply tell them that thier mother doesn't love them anymore, they lost becuase they're actually ******** but thier family won't tell them. Remember to point out that the world would be better off without them. State that Santa isn't real and thier parents give them gifts becuase he/she is a spoiled brat. If the child begins to cry, get in thier face and immitate thier pathetic crying."

I still wouldn't have let out enough anger.

UncleSam

Smash Master
you can shut them out over and over again and there like: "oh that was nothing, I was just warming up"
... yeah ok you do that while I 0% damage win, oh what now

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I actually did fight a kid on Brawl about 7 months ago, I think it was at Best Buy or something.
He was only 8 or something, but he said I only won because his Mom wasn't in/playing Brawl.
His mother couldn't be in Brawl because of sprite limitations.

Snowstalker

Smash Ace
You know what? I suck at Brawl. I'm better than anyone I know personally, but it's bad vs. worse. I'm not afraid to say it: I suck so much that M2K would 3 stock me in 10 seconds.

TimeZone

Smash Rookie
lol..this thread is pretty fun..in a good way..
i hate kids in general...brawl or what ever...
but i never fought a kid in brawl..wait...yeah i did>.<..
in a local tourny..i won...but the kid didn't whine or anything...he just accepted it..
probably the best kid i ever meant...didn't get on my nerves.....:confused:

Snowstalker

Smash Ace
I dunno, most of the semi-important people (such as Mmac) would last 30. Still, the average n00b would last about 4 seconds. When I lose, I know it's because the other guy is better, or I screwed up. Johns FTL.

Trela

Smash Lord
I usually throw Bananerz at da little scrubs. And instead of Johning, they will cover it up and say the same annoying crap to me:

SPAMMER

=Trela=

terry12312

Smash Rookie
I love it when I encounter a noob when just checking out the new games, I convince them to play by my rules, 10-stock on final destination, no items. I act as if I never played smash and let the noob **** me untill I'm at 3 lives left. By then a few people stand around us because for some reasen the match looks interesting to them >.> Now starts the real ****, I win while 7 lives behind and next xomes a lame excuse and like 5 more people that challenge me -.-

Top Bottom