• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I am maining strictly Metaknight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloud9157

Smash Journeyman
I'm confused as to why he is switching from Diddy to MK.

Is it because he wants to see more MKs in top 10 or because he is sick of facing them? :confused:

Cloud9157

Smash Journeyman
Not easy to tell if someone is serious in switching their char. Especially because this guy has been playing Diddy for a while and is amazing with him.

Not trying to take any shots at ADHD here (he would 3 stock me with no doubt) but isn't this kind of a cop out?

Ilove

Smash Cadet
You can say this about any character. MK has no bad matchups whatsoever, so why main anyone else? You'd have to be one of those casual idiots who plays for fun or something. That's freaky stuff.

Seriously...why isn't Mr. "I have my own tier" banned yet?
... God ****it, I should have figured Back Room's intent to create rebellion against MK would work. You're a silly man.

Oh, and I think Gangsta Kirby is secretly ADHD. He decided the amount of trolling he expected wasn't being met.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
This thread makes me laugh. What a joke! ADHD, you should of practiced more for MLG, it's your own fault, not your character's fault.

TheOgbot

Smash Journeyman
ADHD, I respect your decision, and hope the best for you :D

To all those haters, leave the guy alone, he's doing what he deems necessary to place better.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I hope you not to really change your main, since I REALLY admired your Diddy....

If you did, nothing to do about that, though...
Despite it's dissapointing, I wish you good luck.

To haters (that do nothing to do with you), I'll only say that if you want a non-MK character to trascend, why don't you just try it by yourselves?

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
Which brings up a question, how often do you attend tournaments? (I've never entered one, in case you are wondering, too.)
I'll go to a tournament once or twice a year, whenever they are convenient. The ones NOT organized by people on smashboards are always better (better character variety, people playing for fun instead of training to win). Unfortunately, those are pretty rare. The smashboards-run tournaments always end up with one or two hardcore a**holes driving in from out of state and obliterating all the local players. They'll play A-tier at worst.

The important thing is to NEVER become like these "do anything to win" chumps, because once you reach that point, you're having zero fun playing the game, and you're not fun to play against either. Look at ragequit-2K. Every time that guy starts getting his butt kicked, he quits like a big baby. He'll do anything to win a match, no matter how cheap or boring. The only time he's happy with smash is when he's collecting tournament money. He is the absolute worst the smash community has to offer right now.

If you go to a tournament, just go have fun and play the way you like to play. You'll end up way better off in the long run.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
I'll go to a tournament once or twice a year, whenever they are convenient. The ones NOT organized by people on smashboards are always better (better character variety, people playing for fun instead of training to win). Unfortunately, those are pretty rare. The smashboards-run tournaments always end up with one or two hardcore a**holes driving in from out of state and obliterating all the local players. They'll play A-tier at worst.
A lot of people have fun at tournaments hosted by people who use SWF. SWF comprises of the mainstream competitive smash scene, and to say that tournaments hosted by people who use SWF are not fun is subjective. Boss, San, Xyro, Jash, Biglou; they don't play A tier only and that's just naming a few. It's unfair to call OoS smashers obliterators if you haven't had that much experience in the mainstream smash scene anyway.

Sleek Media said:
The important thing is to NEVER become like these "do anything to win" chumps, because once you reach that point, you're having zero fun playing the game, and you're not fun to play against either. Look at ragequit-2K. Every time that guy starts getting his butt kicked, he quits like a big baby. He'll do anything to win a match, no matter how cheap or boring. The only time he's happy with smash is when he's collecting tournament money. He is the absolute worst the smash community has to offer right now.

If you go to a tournament, just go have fun and play the way you like to play. You'll end up way better off in the long run.
It's called frustration.. It's a normal human behavior, so don't call out M2K on that just because he RQed a couple times. That doesn't even represent the concluding majority of his losses anyway. He's happy with smash when he plays smash, why else would he STILL be playing it? Video games are his passion. If you're good at a game, you really enjoy the game, and you can make money off of it, why not compete? M2K said himself that non of his other matches looked like the one on Brinstar at MLG so if you are judging his playstyle just by that then you're a bigot.

If I go to a tournament, I'll have fun and play how ever I want to play, right? So why is it bad if M2K plays a way that HE likes but doesn't play in a way that aesthetically pleases you. That is beyond me.

Teh Future

Smash Master

holy **** dude, and I thought I was doin a pretty good job of trolling.

gg

GangstaKirby =D

Smash Rookie
... God ****it, I should have figured Back Room's intent to create rebellion against MK would work. You're a silly man.

Oh, and I think Gangsta Kirby is secretly ADHD. He decided the amount of trolling he expected wasn't being met.
Nah son im the real thang i roll in a diamond studded platinum warpstar and make hoes turn tricks on the street

This thread makes me laugh. What a joke! ADHD, you should of practiced more for MLG, it's your own fault, not your character's fault.
dude no its his characters fault. if his main wasnt such a terrible character he'd **** so hard, its good that he is going mk so that he can switch from floppy banana peel to stiff hard sword

ADHD, I respect your decision, and hope the best for you :D

To all those haters, leave the guy alone, he's doing what he deems necessary to place better.
do what it takes to win son

I hope you not to really change your main, since I REALLY admired your Diddy....

If you did, nothing to do about that, though...
Despite it's dissapointing, I wish you good luck.

To haters (that do nothing to do with you), I'll only say that if you want a non-MK character to trascend, why don't you just try it by yourselves?
dude its not about pleasing others its about making money, one lil crybaby fanboy isnt gonna make him change his mind

EDIT:

xyro stfu you main an inviable character AND you cant even beat some random scrub ike in a mm

TKD

Smash Lord
To ADHD:

M2K thinks MK's that good because of the stages TOs allow as counter-pick. I think so as well.
Also, if you're guilty of having a routine, pattern, etc. and being learned/read, you suffer what I recently started to work on. Actually seeing what the opponent does and working on your mix-up. If what you do isn't working, do something else. It's all mentality.

I tell you this because you're Diddy Kong's representation. SSBB has enough MK representation anyway.
This is what I decided: Until stupid stages are banned, I'll play as Meta Knight in them. So it's completely viable for you to play Meta Knight in the opponent's broken counter-pick stages. You'll lose at first, but since you only practice in 1~4 stages and against 1 character, it's easy to learn quickly (you also don't waste bans on dumb stages because you'll never be at a disadvantage in them).

What I'm saying is: I'd prefer that you represent Diddy Kong. Think outside the box and try to improve, don't get stuck. As a protest or condition, I'd be much better if you play Meta Knight as a secondary, like I do. Not for you, or us, but for the game.

GangstaKirby =D

Smash Rookie
yo edit this virg infracted me for posting the same **** in the god **** disco room
infractions in the disco room are bs, cant believe everyone baaaawed over me even being allowed there and got me roombanned

To ADHD:

M2K thinks MK's that good because of the stages TOs allow as counter-pick. I think so as well.
Also, if you're guilty of having a routine, pattern, etc. and being learned/read, you suffer what I recently started to work on. Actually seeing what the opponent does and working on your mix-up. If what you do isn't working, do something else. It's all mentality.

I tell you this because you're Diddy Kong's representation. SSBB has enough MK representation anyway.
This is what I decided: Until stupid stages are banned, I'll play as Meta Knight in them. So it's completely viable for you to play Meta Knight in the opponent's broken counter-pick stages. You'll lose at first, but since you only practice in 1~4 stages and against 1 character, it's easy to learn quickly (you also don't waste bans on dumb stages because you'll never be at a disadvantage in them).

What I'm saying is: I'd prefer that you represent Diddy Kong. Think outside the box and try to improve, don't get stuck. As a protest or condition, I'd be much better if you play Meta Knight as a secondary, like I do. Not for you, or us, but for the game.
dude dont shtl your pants over it adhd just is tired of all the effort and is taking the easy way out, let him main a character thats actually good unlike diddy kong, diddy is terrible dude the entire cast can infinite him

TKD

Smash Lord
/\ The conditions to infinite Diddy Kong are very difficult/unlikely for any character that's not Zero Suit Samus.
I just posted my logic about this. I won't stop respecting players just because of switching to top tier, as some people would (because players can do whatever they want to do).

GangstaKirby =D

Smash Rookie
dude no its not, its hella easy to throw an item down, footstool, and recatch and throw item, repeat

i do basically that in home run contest all the **** time

GangstaKirby =D

Smash Rookie
nah son mk wont get banned jus cause everyone uses him no one will want to give him up

besides its not like he is good anyways, yoshi can cg him to death and captain can grab release cg him infinitely and both of those are like lowtiers

MD.Dude

Smash Cadet
After losing to Tyrant and DSF at MLG Orlando, I came to an epiphany. I can no longer beat metaknights, or overcome the stage-hindering obstacles upon my character. Also, Diddy Kong requires much tech skill practicing in which I no longer have time for as I am preparing for college and the future.

Jason, I'll hit you up on aim later.

I am attempting to be the first, top metaknight who uses his pink, carnival costume.

Pink metaknight.

This is why you is a mo.

Gayrape drank.

Smash Rookie
After losing to Tyrant and DSF at MLG Orlando, I came to an epiphany. I can no longer beat metaknights, or overcome the stage-hindering obstacles upon my character. Also, Diddy Kong requires much tech skill practicing in which I no longer have time for as I am preparing for college and the future.

Jason, I'll hit you up on aim later.

I am attempting to be the first, top metaknight who uses his pink, carnival costume.

Pink metaknight.

This is why you is a mo.
lrn2htmltag

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Pink Metaknight belongs to me. Fufufufu.

I'll relinquish the color once someone accomplishes and/or does something more awesome than the Omnigay.

Also, I don't see you ever touching Jason in MK dittos, ADHD. You of all people should know he dominates that match. You're better off just trying to improve your Diddy.

Gayrape drank.

Smash Rookie
the omni gay is so overrated, it only works on scrubs plus if you arent the right port you get ***** its not that awesome, its just gayrape no matter which angle you look at it from

besides pink maskless swordless meta is better than regular pink meta any day of the week

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
FFS, this thread needs to be closed.

The trolls are becoming fat with all the food we are feeding them <_<

swordgard

Smash Hero
To ADHD:

Most of these "stupid stages" are actually completely fine until you introduce metaknight. The big question is do we ban MK to keep the stages or the other way around. Same with LGL. Same with IDC.

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
Honestly, though. Complaining about "tech skill" needed to use a character is not something he should be doing. I mean, it's not like he's playing Melee or anything.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
lol @BP100.
Diddy does need it.
It's not the same melee tech skill, but in the very high level he's playing, it's REALLY needed.
(He plays against M2K often, so....)

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Most of these "stupid stages" are actually completely fine until you introduce metaknight. The big question is do we ban MK to keep the stages or the other way around. Same with LGL. Same with IDC.
Or he could pick up Pikachu to get around people like DSF's MK and these "stupid stages". ADHD, why don't you tell everyone what stages you actually lost on at MLG (hint: they weren't Norfair or Green Greens).

OverLade

Smash Hero
Or he could pick up Pikachu to get around people like DSF's MK and these "stupid stages". ADHD, why don't you tell everyone what stages you actually lost on at MLG (hint: they weren't Norfair or Green Greens).
Pikachu shouldn't beat MK on norfair...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom