• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I am maining strictly Metaknight

Status
Not open for further replies.

etecoon

Smash Hero
someone agrees with me! MK vs IC's is easier than using snake against them for me lol

etecoon

Smash Hero
maybe, it's not like I lose to IC's with snake either though, MK is just easier.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Imo, ICs lose to metaknight. Apparantly as you say, swordgard, snake vs ice climbers is even.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Imo, ICs lose to metaknight. Apparantly as you say, swordgard, snake vs ice climbers is even.

True, I was just trolling them tbh.

I do think MK goes even with ics on neutrals just like snake, except snake does not have any auto-win cps. And ics only go even with snake once they know every gimmicks, while snake is fairly easy to max out vs ics in most cases. So yes, overall at top level MK is harder.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Well that was a pointless discussion since apparently everyone agreed from the start...

so ADHD how's that mk coming along?

Jem.

Smash Master
Why even bother maining 2 characters.

To beat MK on stupid CPs is the same as beating him on neutrals as MK, so why bother learning 2 different chars when you can use the 1 character that is garanteed an even matchup everywhere with him? I really don't see the point in maining both diddy and MK when diddy has such a high learning curve and MK such a low one.
Because clearly, Jason has a problem vs Diddy. He's getting better, but you have a better chance vs Jason with Diddy than MK.

MK vs MK against Jason isn't an even matchup. :p. but if you really want to try it, i'd be glad to see an MK take a tournament set off jason again sometime before brawl dies =)

swordgard

Smash Hero
Because clearly, Jason has a problem vs Diddy. He's getting better, but you have a better chance vs Jason with Diddy than MK.

MK vs MK against Jason isn't an even matchup. :p. but if you really want to try it, i'd be glad to see an MK take a tournament set off jason again sometime before brawl dies =)
Except jason isn't the one that took sets of ADHD really. Whats the point if he can't even get to jason? And the way you think about m2k's MK in MK dittos is hilarious.

Either way, if jason has diddy problems he can fix it. I think ADHD realized there is not much more he can do to fix his MK problems(Anti,ally,shadow,atomsk, dsf all have taken sets from him recently).

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Actually me and Shadowlink came to a similar conclusion, that M2k is the best MK at the ditto but not necessarily the best at MK's MUs overall (or at least he wasn't when we came to the conclusion).

He's had situations where he had mental blocks against characters before (sonic...), and if you take a look at NJ/NY results, ADHD is far from undefeated. Why does he do better against M2K then other (generally considered worse) MKs? Probabky because they're better against Diddy.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
doesnt everyone have at least one or two MUs they typically have issues tackling with?

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
For me those are Ganondorf and Link.
Those guys are just ****, I can't defeat them.

Now G-Ness switch to Snake.
And M2K swtich to.. The next on the list.. There isn't. So were starting down. You start playing Ganon!

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Except jason isn't the one that took sets of ADHD really. Whats the point if he can't even get to jason? And the way you think about m2k's MK in MK dittos is hilarious.

Either way, if jason has diddy problems he can fix it. I think ADHD realized there is not much more he can do to fix his MK problems(Anti,ally,shadow,atomsk, dsf all have taken sets from him recently).
Lol Jem's perception of Jason's ability in the MK ditto is accurate. Since Dojo took a set off of him at Whobo 1, who has taken a set off of Jason in the MK ditto since then?

For me those are Ganondorf and Link.
Those guys are just ****, I can't defeat them.

Now G-Ness switch to Snake.
And M2K swtich to.. The next on the list.. There isn't. So were starting down. You start playing Ganon!
Are you talking about Gnes the Diddy player? He still mains Diddy, but he uses Snake for fun.

Van Jones

Smash Lord
Well, the only other person who was able to beat him in a set of MK dittos after Whobo 1 was Tyrant. However, Tyrant, like Dojo and countless others MKs, haven't been able to take him in a set since then.

The Truth!

Smash Ace

Hilarious or not, it's the truth. The evidence weighs heavily against your seemingly ideological case, as a matter of evidence all it takes is recalling the number of sets he's lost against non-mks vs mks. It also makes sense, assuming someone could account for the gap in skill, theres still a gap in character knowledge and practice that realistically is highly unlikely to be closed. Basically, it would be prudent to keep a character like diddy handy for neutral stages.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Hilarious or not, it's the truth. The evidence weighs heavily against your seemingly ideological case, as a matter of evidence all it takes is recalling the number of sets he's lost against non-mks vs mks. It also makes sense, assuming someone could account for the gap in skill, theres still a gap in character knowledge and practice that realistically is highly unlikely to be closed. Basically, it would be prudent to keep a character like diddy handy for neutral stages.
Who did he lose to as non-mks? Last I recall, it was ADHD and ally. Not much evidence.

Except the gap has also been closed by ally, atomsk, shadow, anti and dsf.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Yeah, I only had gimmicks. People are figuring me out now, so it's time to switch it up. Apparantly you can just watch videos of me on youtube over and over to win.. :ohwell:

Teh Future

Smash Master
swordgard shouldnt be taken seriously just because he has a purple name. In case you haven't noticed , he also lives in canada and doesn't even play this game in tournaments

Jem.

Smash Master

M2K himself said ADHD wasn't playing his best at Orlando. Maybe he could have beaten Tyrant and them, who knows. Only Columbus can tell. ADHD's diddy has a very good chance of beating M2K.. It's one of his blocks until he beats ADHD sometime soon. You can tell yourself all you want you're getting better vs "X" character. But until you beat the player who gave you the most trouble with it, you will not feel accomplished. If M2K beats ADHD's diddy badly when they play next, then maybe MK is a suggestion. But just going all MK vs jason immediately is not a good idea.

@ previous post: Yes, that is correct. Mew2King lost to Tyrant and Fiction in singles at Tourneyplay 2 at the start of summer 2009.

meowth_

Smash Cadet
lol good luck playing meta knight it's so boring after a while and then you start to feel bad for playing him.... i can only imagine how annoying it must be for m2k but hey he makes the choice to play mk so its' w/e

plus whenever i play MK and lost it just makes me feel lolbad

i think considering the hype around MK if you play MK it becomes a double edged sword for you unless you're psycho enough to put in the effort to not feel like an idiot when you lose as him

swordgard

Smash Hero
M2K himself said ADHD wasn't playing his best at Orlando. Maybe he could have beaten Tyrant and them, who knows. Only Columbus can tell. ADHD's diddy has a very good chance of beating M2K.. It's one of his blocks until he beats ADHD sometime soon. You can tell yourself all you want you're getting better vs "X" character. But until you beat the player who gave you the most trouble with it, you will not feel accomplished. If M2K beats ADHD's diddy badly when they play next, then maybe MK is a suggestion. But just going all MK vs jason immediately is not a good idea.

@ previous post: Yes, that is correct. Mew2King lost to Tyrant and Fiction in singles at Tourneyplay 2 at the start of summer 2009.
You do realize M2K said that every time ADHD lost to a MK? He always will, he refuses to admit that maybe just maybe, MK has the advantage(instead of disadvantage he). We saw a trend, ADHD lost to 5 non m2k MKs, what more do you want?

ADHD

Smash Hero
You do realize M2K said that every time ADHD lost to a MK? He always will, he refuses to admit that maybe just maybe, MK has the advantage(instead of disadvantage he). We saw a trend, ADHD lost to 5 non m2k MKs, what more do you want?

You're right, swordgard. I'm a washed up top player and Jason just refuses to admit it.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
You're right, swordgard. I'm a washed up top player and Jason just refuses to admit it.
Well...yeah, maybe because it's not true. Don't let a slump get you down. Try again at Columbus and see how you do, then go from there.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Don't say things like that Wyatt you just have to care. Whether you main MK or Diddy you have to put 110% just like you did back when you CP'd brinstar against everyone on AiB to learn the stage :laugh:

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I happen to be talking to N.A.G.A.C.E IRL right now and he wants me to tell you that he says this, "ADHD, you're like ****ing 12, no way you're washed up, stop *****ing".

While a little too direct for me, dude, there's no way you're already washed up, figure out why you got beat and figure out how to get around it, as long as you're motivated.

As I said, look at being less mechanical.

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
lol good luck playing meta knight it's so boring after a while and then you start to feel bad for playing him.... i can only imagine how annoying it must be for m2k but hey he makes the choice to play mk so its' w/e

plus whenever i play MK and lost it just makes me feel lolbad

i think considering the hype around MK if you play MK it becomes a double edged sword for you unless you're psycho enough to put in the effort to not feel like an idiot when you lose as him
^ smash wisdom

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
**** this thread still going on.

It's just a game (A real ****ty one too, might I add. ) If you take it more than that, maybe you should consider quitting it.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
swordgard shouldnt be taken seriously just because he has a purple name. In case you haven't noticed , he also lives in canada and doesn't even play this game in tournaments
Didn't notice this before...

Seriously? Swordgard is legit, and a ****load better then you until you prove otherwise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzoOY2WsVQI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8G8LSpJZxe8

Just two I can link to easily. Obviously you have no clue that there's a smash scene outside of the US.

Teh Future

Smash Master
sorry cool cat, but the last time ive seen swordgard in a tournament results thread he was loosing to mks that you beat with c. falcon.

plus hes ********

btw im not saying im good at this game or better than him lol....

just that hes ********

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom