• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I am maining strictly Metaknight

Status
Not open for further replies.

M@v

Subarashii!
You think getting 6th at a national tourney, losing to 2 top WC mks(1 barely lost to), is washed up?
You got serious issues if you think that's the case.

I always thought mk diddy is even, still do.

Jason, as amazing of a player as he is, just has a mental block in the diddy matchup, especially vs you Wyatt. M2k must be your favorite book nowadays.

gangsta kirby

Smash Rookie
dude no he really is just a washed up scrub diddy that cant get his naner up, he may as well go mk like everyone else

gangsta kirby

Smash Rookie
i saw a falcon 2 stock lain's meta on brinstar therefore he is viable, idk who the scrub was though, not even grab release upsmashing that weak *** mk

A user name

Smash Journeyman
I really don't think that's true. And even if it is it doesn't make Falcon good. Also who's the Falcon main here?

gangsta kirby

Smash Rookie
dude i dont remember its some guy that usually uses snake and beats m2k and stuff but ragequits when he fights d3's cuz he never lrns2d3

The Truth!

Smash Ace
Who did he lose to as non-mks? Last I recall, it was ADHD and ally. Not much evidence.

Except the gap has also been closed by ally, atomsk, shadow, anti and dsf.
Thats plenty of evidence, he's lost two sets ever in MK dittos since his dominance. There really isn't a question on what that comparison implies.

And I can pick up MK right now and "close the gap", closing the gap means nothing. The point is no one will clear the gap. None of those people will beat him in the ditto while he's still playing. Tyrant and Dojo might be the only ones who could potentially still take a set off him.

Also, you seem to be trying to push your points as opposed to looking at the facts. i.e. regarding the diddy vs mk mu, I didnt see you take into consideration that the mu shifts using MLG rules vs traditional rules. If MLG rules werent so dumb I doubt ADHD would be as frustrated. Actually kind of ironic bc it seems like AZ doesnt want him to quit diddy, but we probably have him and the Midwest/OS to thank for the janky stages that helped lead to that decision, lol.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Thats plenty of evidence, he's lost two sets ever in MK dittos since his dominance. There really isn't a question on what that comparison implies.

And I can pick up MK right now and "close the gap", closing the gap means nothing. The point is no one will clear the gap. None of those people will beat him in the ditto while he's still playing. Tyrant and Dojo might be the only ones who could potentially still take a set off him.

Also, you seem to be trying to push your points as opposed to looking at the facts. i.e. regarding the diddy vs mk mu, I didnt see you take into consideration that the mu shifts using MLG rules vs traditional rules. If MLG rules werent so dumb I doubt ADHD would be as frustrated. Actually kind of ironic bc it seems like AZ doesnt want him to quit diddy, but we probably have him and the Midwest/OS to thank for the janky stages that helped lead to that decision, lol.
He lost to MKs without ever going on their MLG cp. Was it tyrant or DSF? I can't recall. Whoever beat him 2-0ed him. He also lost to atomsk on MLG rules though. Otherwise anti and ally and shadow beat him with no MLG rules.

ADHD was an "outlier" part of the top 3(m2k,adhd,ally). Hes lost to more players than any of the other 2. Now he started losing to more and more MK players. I am not saying MK ***** diddy, I just think there really is no reason to play Diddy when you could main MK. To everyone who says "but his diddy is better", do you really think his MK will be trash? If he spent not even half the time on his MK as he did with his Diddy, I bet he would be an even better MK than a good diddy, just because of how much practice diddy requires compared to most characters, let alone MK.

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
I just think there really is no reason to play Diddy when you could main MK.
You can say this about any character. MK has no bad matchups whatsoever, so why main anyone else? You'd have to be one of those casual idiots who plays for fun or something. That's freaky stuff.

Seriously...why isn't Mr. "I have my own tier" banned yet?

The Truth!

Smash Ace
He lost to MKs without ever going on their MLG cp. Was it tyrant or DSF? I can't recall. Whoever beat him 2-0ed him. He also lost to atomsk on MLG rules though. Otherwise anti and ally and shadow beat him with no MLG rules.

ADHD was an "outlier" part of the top 3(m2k,adhd,ally). Hes lost to more players than any of the other 2. Now he started losing to more and more MK players. I am not saying MK ***** diddy, I just think there really is no reason to play Diddy when you could main MK. To everyone who says "but his diddy is better", do you really think his MK will be trash? If he spent not even half the time on his MK as he did with his Diddy, I bet he would be an even better MK than a good diddy, just because of how much practice diddy requires compared to most characters, let alone MK.
Uh, this issue isnt just the CPs, if anything the bigger issue is the neutrals.

And yes, if you play an even matchup, odds are youre going to lose half the time. iirc, ADHD has a positive record against everyones MK aside from Tyrant. Youre obviously aware of the advantages to him using diddy since you said yourself he was a part of the top 3. The detriments are stated in the OP of this thread. Theres no reason to take make anything more of it.

As an aside, did he really lose to allys mk in tournament?

swordgard

Smash Hero
Uh, this issue isnt just the CPs, if anything the bigger issue is the neutrals.

And yes, if you play an even matchup, odds are youre going to lose half the time. iirc, ADHD has a positive record against everyones MK aside from Tyrant. Youre obviously aware of the advantages to him using diddy since you said yourself he was a part of the top 3. The detriments are stated in the OP of this thread. Theres no reason to take make anything more of it.

As an aside, did he really lose to allys mk in tournament?
The neutrals list is actually much better than the usual one.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
You can say this about any character. MK has no bad matchups whatsoever, so why main anyone else? You'd have to be one of those casual idiots who plays for fun or something. That's freaky stuff.

Seriously...why isn't Mr. "I have my own tier" banned yet?
Casual people are not idiots. They are just there to play the game for fun, and even competitive smashers can still have fun without picking MK. They learn the MU, they don't whine, and they just play. Even if M2K treats smash as a job, ultimately, it is a game. I don't know why he's not banned yet, you should ask people who know what they are talking about if you want to know.

In fact, if one doesn't like brawl, the obvious choice is to play Melee. Inb4 Jigglypuff.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
casual people just dont like commitment. Competitive smash demands alot of commitment if you wanna do well.

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
Casual people are not idiots.QUOTE]

You're missing the sarcasm, kid. My mains span F-C tiers, and I couldn't care less about stages being "neutral" or any of that crap. What I do care about is seeing the same result at every tournament.

Kaffei

Smash Hero

Kel

Smash Master
Beating him in the ditto isn't impossible but I doubt anyone will ever take a set off him. Even if you get enough momentum to take a game off him he has skill "in reserve" and not only does he adapt to your patterns immediately but he'll also play gayer to ensure that the gap between you widens.

Playing him with Snake is a lot easier and less frustrating if you know the matchup.

EDIT:

And OS still makes money doesn't he? I'm sure ADHD will continue to do the same...
I agree with this post. I played M2k in the winner finals last week and he 2 stocked me both ditto games. Then I went Snake game three and took him to last stock before killing myself.

Beating M2K in the ditto will take a buttload of studying and dedication.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
Hate to bring the harsh reality to some people but truthfuly we (competitive people aka tourny***s) are the minority. Majority of people who play Smash... even Pokemon are causal players.

Dare I say it.... they are children.

Turazrok

Smash Master
Hate to bring the harsh reality to some people but truthfuly we (competitive people aka tourny***s) are the minority. Majority of people who play Smash... even Pokemon are causal players.

Dare I say it.... they are children.
Children??

PLAYING A CHILD'S GAME????

INCONCEIVABLE!!!!!

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
well children is kinda pushing it

more like college student/teenager. Children cant possibly study useless **** as hard core as college student can LOL

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
Brawl is a kid's game at heart. So is Pokemon. Don't lie to yourselves, it's not going to change the truth. Point is this is a huge drama thread over a children's game. I think some people are becoming a tad irrational, and need to re-examine what the big picture is.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
edit: Not sure how I double posted a duplicate. Sorry. :(

Turazrok

Smash Master
brawl is a kid's game at heart. So is pokemon. Don't lie to yourselves, it's not going to change the truth. Point is this is a huge drama thread over a children's game. I think some people are becoming a tad irrational, and need to re-examine what the big picture is.

there's no way that can be right!!!!!!!!!

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
I just dislike people getting all upset over a kid's game. They need to put it in perspective, that's all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom