• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How often do you ACTUALLY play smash?

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Not enough anymore xD
I used to play...hmmm...2+ hours everyday last summer? Yeah, that sounds about right
Lately, it's gone from 5+ hours a weekend to about 2 hours a weekend, if even that xD

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
At the moment we are playing with ridiculous rules. Everyone plays a heavyweight, 6 stock, items on. The winner is the first person to reach 50 kills. If two people go over 50 in one round, it becomes first to 60 kills and so on. Much more of the fight takes place off the stage haha.

I stopped playing competitively a long time ago. But brawl is a brilliant party/drinking game so it's all good. Two of my housemates barely know what a videogame is. However, they've enjoyed smash all these years because of the options, items, characters, hilarious situations that the game offers.

Wobuffet is so good. Today my friend got really angry when it came out the pokeball (he sacrificed 60% and all his dignity for it). He smashed it, it killed him. He never knew till now. :laugh:

Crazy_mofo213

Smash Lord
I still play occasionally every week. Most of the time I do play, it's Melee.
However, I also play some Brawl+ when I want to play with customizable music and hacks.

F1SHY

Smash Apprentice
Melee: 2-3 hours a weekday, 10ish hours on weekends.

It's a little pathetic, because I only play with people once every two weeks or so.

SonicX580

Smash Lord
I haven't played brawl for like 1 or 2 years, I haven't played melee over 4 years as for 64 I play it once a week.

Kole

Smash Lord
Usually every weekend, sometimes during the weekdays and tournaments.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
I didn't get fed up I just ran out of competition unfortunately.

Yeah it seems that WAAAAAAAY more people that I would have thought don't really play.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I train by myself for at least half an hour everyday I play about 2 hours with someone a month maybe cause of where I live and my brother is a total ***hole about everything he will john about something and then i'll give him some simple easy advice like if you can SHFFL all the time sit down and work on it by yourself.

I love smash I play everyday since like 2006 where I never played with anyone at all.

LOL I used to sleep with my controller so I could do tech skill in my sleep, I stopped when it started messing up the controler and I woke up with sore hands.

S l o X

Smash Champion
many things contribute to not being able to spend more time on smash. (finals, being 16, no car, etc . . .)

i haven't been into competitive smash for too long (first tourney = Pound 4) and i'm still mastering SHFFL OoShine Bair consistency. tech skill is all that i CAN practice, i don't get better by playing CPUs at this point . . . >_> I dont think I ever have.

So if people aren't within 30 minutes of me, there's really not much to do until summer.

pickle962

Smash Lord
It depends sometimes. On average, I play Melee a few times a week while listening to my radio. I can't tell you the last time I played brawl. I kinda lost interest after getting my butt kicked in online tourneys:(

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
I currently play Melee for the heck of it. If my Wii would pass it's disc-reading class, I would probably play Brawl whenever I got the chance to. The friends who I can visit to play it, don't really play it much, and the only other competitive brawler I know lives somewhere where I don't know. Hopefully I'll find some Wiis set up over at Animazement for me to play it.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I play with my friend a bit, but just fun no serious matches. Wii needed better online to make it fun

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Yeah a solid online system would have me playing all the time.

Playing anyone outside your own country is painfull on wifi.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I play melee once I get the chance to play with my friends. And also when I go to melee tournaments. : D

The Drifter

Smash Journeyman
I'd say once a month. First of all, teh Internetz take up most of my time, and then I'm to lazy to hook up my Wii.

OFY

Sonic main since 08'
I play against CPU's in melee about an hour every other day? I only play brawl when Allied invites me over, which is like 2 or 3 times a month.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Maybe once a week. Maybe twice a week. Maybe thrice a week. Maybe once every two or three weeks. Maybe once a month.

Hmm.

Yeah it's entirely inconsistent. Comes and goes when it pleases.

Top Bottom