• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HOBO 16(no meta) RESULTS: Videos are up!!!! First post.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
Epic relevancy!

Broly and Magik talk about it on our thread. That way you can make sure everyone who wants to go knows about it too.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=219725

On topic:

Shoutouts coming soon.

Also, as an observation, am I the only Snake main in this whole state? O.O

Razer doesn't count because 14 year olds aren't people.

nor T-Rex, he is just a Mr. 3000 clone.

Popertop

Smash Champion
1vs1

1: Razer (snake/diddy) - you're just lucky you didn't get double teamed by me and esca in a tickle fight!

2: Gnes (Diddy/dedede) - brokn.... I didn't have any money this time, but I would've RCMM you on the streamm..

3: Phantom X (wario) - You got lucky being on the not-marth side of this bracket, srsly... good **** though

*4: Dojo (diddy/kirby) - When can I play that sexy beast? :embarrass
we never play though:( I wonder if that's worse for you than it is for me..... :chuckle:

5: Utd Zac (GW) - too good in teams.
5: Hylian (GW) - your set with phantom was amazing, any Wario in their right mind would be scared ****less to have to play you.

7: FlipHop (diddy) - trassh, washed up, get ***** etc. I was gonna **** you on the live stream this time but I didn't get around to it.
*7: Dphat (marth) - how fat?

9: Espy (sonic) - omg, your games against roy were ridiculous.
9: Mr 3000 (Sonic) - I still haven't played you since like, my first tournament. :dizzy:
9: Cy (wario) - that's mah BOI! keep that **** up. TWO TIMES
9: Broly (marth) - our set should have been recorded. :)

*13: Romeo (falco/snake) - trasshhh, lol.
*13: Light (sheik) - we didn't play
13: Xyro (SAMUS!!!!) - :bee:
13: Royr (marth) - I need to play you next time.

17: Deviation - I had fun in our friendlies, I would rather have played against your main if we had time
17: Ozz (falco) - LOLOLLOLOLLOLOLOL
17: Jerm (toon link) - I heard you played bad :(, it's okay, everyone has their off days.
17: Gea (peach) - I want to do some teams matches with you some time, it would be **** :)
17: Kown(pit) - why do you pit players always seem to be playing each other in some corner or another?
17: T-rex (snake) - we've placed together at like three tourneys lol.
17: Poptop (wario) - you kinda got shafted having to play a really good player first round, but you redeemed yourself in an amazing set against that same player in losers. You'll do better next time, pal.
17: Badnewsbear (marth/pika) - we need to **** up teams again sometime.

25: Vorugen (snake) - clutch clutch clutch is the name of the game, and you are the player. I was really impressed by that win.
25: Conker (toon link) - our games were fun, you are getting better, keep improving
25: Drake(sonic) - lololoolollolol marth dittos loollololoolo Lucario dittos
25: Phoenix Alpha (lucas) - EXCELLENT Degeneres
25: Bwett (yoshi) - your yoshi is so good. I need to friendly you a lot next time so we can hang out some
33: Fear (lucas) - we should MM and RCMM next time.
33: Praxis (peach) - fun games at Noah's place. lloloololol
33: Vicki (fox?) - I still don't know if you are a chick or not :laugh:
33: Seiya (pit) - :lick::lick::lick::lick::lick::lick::lick::lick::lick: go to LasT you hoe :mad:
33: Zori(olimar) - we never play :ohwell:
33: TallMan (lucas) - fun friendlies, I wanna play your rob next time.
33: Furbs (yoshi) - those glasses were sexilicious
33: Garrrrrrrrrrr (marth) - I played you in some fun marth dittos. in that one life you hit me with like twenty up b's :laugh:
33: Trela (lucario) - we need to stream it up with our lucarios sometime
33: Chaotic(pit) - that friendly was so pointless. I don't think either of us cared about it at all.
49: H1N1 Virus - wat
49: Esca (pit/ "falcon") - bad day, *shrug*
49: TakeUrLife (marth) - buttmont. fsmash. di. silly games.
49: KRD (sheik/ic?) - kurd the turd
49: BluJay (mario) - world class mario? I think so
49: Rocket Trainer (lucario) - HGHOGHHOQHGWHOGHWOAOGHOGQ
49: Jack Frost (kirby) - I hear you're getting better. I was right in thinking you just needed to travel more.
65: Swine Flu - WAT
65: Jog(oliamr/g&w) - Yeah I thought it was you with the "frog" tag, those matches were hilarious.
65: Shlike (zs) - It was fun playing you in friendlies, sucks when you just have an off smash day. Here's to getting more consistent.
65: Vash (pit/snake) - I played you in a friendly, and you had a pretty good sonic.
65: Magicteck (ness) - waht? how did you lose so fast? too good to get last place, man.
65: Chicken Tender - how the hell do you come up with a name like that?
shoutoutsies in quotes.

I miss Santi :(

Suspect

Smash Hero
lmao

why do i never notice popertop around?

i played him in friendlies at mizumi and didnt know that was him till someone told me

then i didnt even see you are hear someone say your name at hobo 16

good ninja is good

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
AHHHHHHH my eyes ;_;.

garrR

Smash Apprentice
33: Garrrrrrrrrrr (marth) - I played you in some fun marth dittos. in that one life you hit me with like twenty up b's :laugh:
hahaha. i am so bad at marth dittos... i think i lost all the ones i played against you, got 3 stocked by royr, and lost to dphat in brackets.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
Lol don't gimme that bull**** people

it was very, VERY obvious that whobo tried to seed new jersey (and OOS players) against people they would have an easier time of losing faster against

fliphop round ONE, after people know i hate fighting diddy
dojo and santi our 2nd round and DSF/tyrant our 3rd round, THEN AFTER THAT A SONIC TEAM WE ***** THEN INFINITY AND A GW

no offense to those people but it was pretty obvious especially with like the DSF/Tyrant case that they wanted TX to have an easier way to high placings

either that or it's just a HUGE coincidence in which case i apologize

but it's more unlikely than likely

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
M2K, you actually had to play Affinity from Kansas first, but he started *****ing, so they switched him with Rockettrainer, and then Fliphop volunteered to take you on first.

TX doesn't really seed doubles afaik.

Also, Pop, I have a ****load of Marth experience, I actually like playing that matchup, don't think I would've liked successive Broly and Roy though. I did get Dojo the very first game I played... I don't see how that's any better XD

Dekar173

Justice Man
PX swoops in with the logic.

No wonder M2K thinks MK v Diddy is even (for MK, even is like 55:45, or 60:40, right?)

Just turn on items for one of your 99-stock matches M2K, then you'll know how to play against Diddy, silly newb.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Is it just me, or was the bracket seeded badly? Go look on AiB. Dojo and Razer had to play each other 2nd round. Jerm and Praxis had to play like second round. Just an observation.

I had Jerm my first match and then Dojo was sent to losers by Razer right off the bat and took me out too. Srsly, bracket johnnnns T_T T_T

<3 Texas!

against people they would have an easier time of losing faster against
Am I the only one who had to read this a few times before they understood it? >_>

iLight

Smash Lord
finally whoever was using MK against bwett's and furb's double jiggly, YOU EXPOSED THEM! it was some random match where bwett and furbs teamed up double jiggz against this MK by himself and he JV 2 stocked them. get *****.
hahaha, that was me!! i was bored and waiting for bear to come back from the bathroom so we could take them down in doubles!

and also i could swear that it was a jv 3 stock

error13

Smash Journeyman
wow was there no
Ice climber at this tourney
that really sucks they could do
a lot of damage with MK gone....

N.O.T.A.-SrsC@

Smash Apprentice
3: Phantom X - I'll trash-talk you next time, pixystix. Then you'll win.

*4: Dojo - <3 the duelist matches with Metaknight

5: Utd Zac - 9?

*7: Dphat - He's even fast, asleep!!!

9: Espy - One day, I will be good enough with Mario to see you in tourney.

13: Xyro (SAMUS!!!!) - Like kryptonite?

17: T-rex (snake) - I'm not even gonna say anything, again.

17: Badnewsbear - Dude, thanks for the housing, bro.

25: Ding Ding - Nice Link, bro. Some rough friendlies, there.

25: Phoenix Alpha - Ellen doesn't have the balls to get in the car with SrsC@.

25: Bwett - One day, I will betrayal you. Until then, I eat eggs.

33: Reznor - good teaming with you, one day i will be able to carry more of my load.

33: Praxis - Nice of you to travel so far just to whoop my ***, I hope that i can return the favor sometime

33: TallMan - Sorry you couldn't get the 3-stock, but i has a determination. Maybe next time.

33: Chaotic - good friendlies, but they were definitely in your favor. I'll just have to try harder next time.

49: Srsc@ - O, Hi.

49: Jack Frost - someday, you'll break Zac's record in duelist.

65: Magicteck - Next time, bring an extra pair of pants and a box of condoms. Then you'll be ready for my driving and your little lady.

9: The 90's Unite (srsc@t + reznor) we used Mario and Sonic.

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
Hey guys there was a WII on the wall I think like tv 11 or something that was hacked. It had a match with me vs razer on brinstar. If you guys have it can you send it to me. You can watch razer getting exposed.

Gnes

Smash Master
SHOUTOUTS...BUT FIRST!!!!

First for bracket discussion. Xyro called me over to see the bracket and we had a lookover. At first dojo and razer had to play FIRST ROUND but we switched it over by changing a large amount of people. The things is, if he didn't have to play Razer, he would have had to play me/Roy/ or someone else i can't remember. Regardless, Dojo would have a hard match early on because he didn't get a bye. The reason he didn't get bye, not my decision. They just called me to look over the bracket and see if any small changes needed to be made. As for the WHOBO debate, my memory is bad and i had no part in that lol. Thats all ive got to say on that matter.

1: Razer (snake/diddy)-My little brother...stop ****** me lol. Everytime i get better u get better. U know whats funny, when i first saw u play Gea at HOBO 10 and when we teamed i always knew u would be my biggest challenge. Hmmm...its like i see the future or something. Go **** ADHD at Apex so i wont look so bad. :3 my little ballerina

2: Gnes (Diddy/dedede)-Hmm...stop whining about a stallers/campers. Thats how u play this ****ty game. Ur trash!!!!

3: Phantom X (wario)-One of the many people who almost upset me today. Good **** man, i use to think wario was easy. Apparently not. Ur too good and your clutch factor is amazing. Now place higher at Dojo mk tourneys.

*4: Dojo (diddy/kirby)-I beat your meta today. Seriously though man your skill suprises me. Ull never beat me without meta but hey, ur pretty ruthless without him. Also, teach me mk, and ill give u my kirby tricks lol. Obviously not a fair trade.

5: Utd Zac (GW)-Hmm so thats what a pro GAW is like...**** THAT...GAW IS GAY!!!! I see why infinity teams with u. U read people like a book. Ill never forget how u floated me over all green greens, and faired me into the blast zone. God **** man.

5: Hylian (GW)-Im the king of RCMM's...u should know this silly. I know the GAW matchup now, wait till we meet in bracket lol.

7: FlipHop (diddy)-Sorry u got Romeo'd man, but now u know what u gotta do. Time to show Texas how gay diddy can be right bro? We'll do better in teams once i get D3 up to snuff. I think we can do amazing.

*7: Dphat (marth)-Hmm u stalled my asian sex sibling but its for own good. Good shiz in low tier teams. Its funny how our last minute team goes and splits with 3000/Tgm for first. Gnes is too clutch...right? :)

9: Espy (sonic)/Mr 3000 (Sonic)-sonic brothers!!!! U guys did well today though roy was playing quite silly against u espy. Good stuff nonetheless.

9: Cy (wario)-Stop making sexual slurs on smashboards. It makes me feel awkward in public. Its a fact now man. Stick with wario. U found something special.

*13: Romeo (falco/snake)-Ahhh u did beat me at Pnt for 120$ store credit. Hmm i won this tourney and got 350$ and 15$ in money matches. So basically i got 3x more than u won at Pnt with real cash. Hmm...interesting. :) I like u man, but stop stalling. Its a fighting game, were suppose to fight.

*13: Light (sheik)- U finally beat me in teams. It wont happen again...U...U...SHEIK MAIN!!!(we both no ull use mk against me)

13: Xyro (SAMUS!!!!)-Good stuff in low tier teams. I know im scary aren't I. Don't fret about ness. Im the only good one that goes to tourneys(save Awestin)anyways.

13: Royr (marth)-Come on man. U beat me at ozzfest 2, u should be up their with me and razer. I know u had a bad day, it happens to all of us. Just get through the slump, we all know how scary u are when ur on your game.

17: Jerm (toon link)- My toon link bro, i think ur at that point in your game where u gotta find whats holding u back most and fix it. I know ur not at your plateau just yet, and u can still get better. Suprise everyone, i know how good u are cuz uve beaten me before.

17: Gea (peach)-U outplaced Praxis, just like I said. Ur way underrated, and always have been. Keep going to tourneys, i promise ull get the recognition u deserve. Especially when we **** teams at the next HOBO/mini-tourny.

17: T-rex (snake)-thanks for ****** IRL in front of everyone.(Im not talking about smash, though i wish i was *Scarred for life*)

17: Badnewsbear (marth/pika)-U guys are mean for knocking me and flip out of winners. Good shiz getting 3rd in teams man. Im glad me and Dphat rocked your world in low tier lol.

25: Vorugen (snake/rob)- I saw your snake. And from the eyes of someone who sees any snake that isn't razer as diddy food, your snake was quite nice. good stuff man. Come to more tourneys.

25: Sethlon (marth)-sexy sethlon. We should play our epic friendlies sometime. We'll show these posers how to play this game.

25: Phoenix Alpha (lucas)-....WAIT....R U... THE Ellen Degeners!!!!!!

25: Bwett (yoshi)-I wont lie, i hate yoshi as a chr. But after watching u play Roy, i actually played him in a friendly today. My first time ever playing as yoshi in brawl. Ur too inspirational.

33: Praxis (peach)-Hahah diddy's not a pushover is he. Your peach is pretty good, but i've got excellent practice from Gea/Kos Mos...i got that matchup down.

33: TallMan (lucas)-That text from your mom...priceless...

33: Furbs (yoshi)-Hmmm...more D3 less Yoshi...teach me your pimping ways.

33: Trela (lucario)-So u almost beat me. D3 was so much easier hahaha but yeah i since a razer level talent in you. If only u didn't play lucario lol. Good shiz man, u improve so much everytime.

49: Esca (pit/ "falcon")-*laughs* "That was hard" "U really pulled that one out of your ***" LMAO

49: BluJay (mario)-thanks for offering to helping out, ur a real pal. Do better next time fool, your the best mario silly.

49: Rocket Trainer (lucario)-Hmm...i payed u back now stop crying lol. Trela's better than u Panda, but i know how u can get better. Ill teach u.

49: Jack Frost (kirby)-I 3 stocked your luigi with my mario. GET *****!!! Thanks for coming man ur too chill. Ill see u guys for Akon and maybe a little in the Summer.

65: Jog(oliamr/g&w)-Come play with us more. And use GAW more, Olimar sucks!!!!! Oh yeah...how old is your sister lol.

65: Turnip Daisy (peach)- U didn't talk to me except when i was leaving...u suck :(

Famous

Smash Champion
WOW, DPhat got 7th? Good ****, can't wait to play you again...

Fear uses Lucas now? What a letdown...

Magitek_Knight

Smash Apprentice
now esca...STFU! you showed me nothing to back up your mouth. no money match. nothing. next time you say, ''broly, your full of it'' do something about it instead of running your mouth on the boards and not play 1 game against me. yea i know your jaw dropped in me beating Royr...
Dear lord.... when does it end??? i thought we just got done going over how pointless and drama filled your trash talking is. congratulations you do well at tournaments.... but my gosh....one of the most boastful people i have ever heard. if you were just the least bit humble.... you would inspire a lot of people... but no, it gets killed

LOL. 20 dollar mm, or you gonna scare off like esca?
i can assure you he is not scared... wether yall played or not

like i said, i dont care...valley receieved hate for awhile, not by all of course, but never really accepted. i try my best everytime to pt our small region on the map. its like wut dojo does for san angelo. i never show disrespect, and expect none toward me. im never afraid of a match, and me placing top ten should bring out more praises, but i dont get them. but w/e, i love smash, and not gonna care for the support.

Fogo already touched on this, you can do as well as you want and its not going to put it " on the map"

na, ill just be laughing at how much ya fail...its all good.
hmm more unneeded trash talk.... woah.. surprise surprise

pfft, if pax came w/ us, we'd be like san angelo w/ 2 great players. right now im getting our crew up.. but idk i beat sethlon n royr, it COULD happen...
like San Angelo with 2 great players.......lmao...

yea ok jerm...i lost due to the match-up. n we went to last game. bt a loss is a loss, srry i had a headache at the tourny...
you play marth... and your seriously going to sit there and talk about match ups??? and now a headache.. there are plenty of other characters that get boned A LOT HARDER by match ups than marth, minus a few exceptions ( meta, and characters of the sort) again this goes back to all that talk. would it really be that hard to just say " hey jerm good game man" not... yeah ok i lost cause of match up... get that out of here

Is it just me, or was the bracket seeded badly? Go look on AiB. Dojo and Razer had to play each other 2nd round. Jerm and Praxis had to play like second round. Just an observation.
yeah.... hmmm if PX had beat dojo the first time they played... i would have had to play dojo in losers 1st round... Both from San Angelo Waaaaaaaat?

and PX is a great player and would have made it as far as he did regardless but dang in losers he went Me, bluej,tallman,alpha..... 3 Lucas's and a mario. must be nice XD

Furbs

Smash Journeyman
lol allan it should be dedede/yoshi, i used D3 much more this tournament

Gnes

Smash Master
OH YEAH...FOR DOJO!!!!!!

THE STORY OF "U JUST GOT EXPOSED"

I just remembered the whole story. So this is after HOBO 14 and me and Flip are talking about all the matches that went down. Basically we get on the match of Razer vs Infinity where Infinity 2 stocks razer by camping the platforms on smashville, therefore nullifying all of razer's ****. So basically, flip just busts out with "****...Razer JUST GOT EXPOSED!!!!" We both laugh and I'm like u know, every time something like that happens im gonna start saying that. And so that was the beginning.

LOTS OF PEOPLE HAVE BEEN EXPOSED in the houston/texas brawl scene and more will be. Don't get exposed sexy people.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
I was told I actually had Razer first round, but then they moved me, I guess down a bracket...
you fought 2 people beofre you fought razer. They were chicken tenders and phantom X.

praxis go a bye and fought jerm and lost. How was i supposed to know? Praxis says he plays CHIP(top 3 tl in usa) al the time and jerm plays kosmos. so it would be even. no johns

TO m2k about World Hobo: stop johning. you are the BEST player the world has ever seen and flip hop isnt even top 5 diddy in the USA(you play ADHD so again, no johns). You got a bye the first round and and played fliphop 2nd round. I literally had to change the person who played you 7 different times. They all complained about having to play you, so fliphop said he would do it. Stop complaining. You won teams and 1vs1. stop complaining. You use metaknight. stop complaining.

You ***** and complain ABOUT stuff that concerns YOU and you dont give a **** about others. You a good guy and your always welcome to tx but dear lord

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
I'm just johning, I had a ton of fun playing Jerm anyway xD And yeah, it was really even, we went to third round last hit. I'll definitely come back the next time I can :)

Also, lol @ Mew2King bracket johns. Anyone who GOT Mew2King first round got bracket *****, not Mew2King himself xD

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Haha gnes. "I know the GAW matchup now"

Just so you know, my playstyle of G&W is completely different than Hylians. Don't expect your games against me to help you against him.

jog

Smash Journeyman
Jog(oliamr/g&w)-Come play with us more. And use GAW more, Olimar sucks!!!!! Oh yeah...how old is your sister lol.
GTFO!!!!!! :)

and its time to hang olimar up, except when i play GW and lucario, that match up is tasty. i need a new main, maybe lucario, DIDDY, or wario.

Top Bottom