• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Have you ever cried while watching a movie or tv show

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
I cried a little at the end of Field of Dreams. Also, La Maison en Petits Cubes made me a little teary eyed.

The Drifter

Smash Journeyman
The Lion King and Pokemon the first movie. I cried the first time I saw Titanic as well.

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
I was chatting with my boss yesterday, and I got another one, very recent too.

There's this game called ChoroQ, basically an RPG, but with cars. They call it a CaRPG. Anyway, at the start of the story, you met a car named Barat, who's your best friend and rival. Throughout the game, you race alongside him, talking trash and what-not. It was one of those friendly rivalries, you know, to push you that much harder. You kinda feel a connection with him.

Later on, he stops showing up to races. You soon find out he's in the hospital. You visit him, but he looks fine, says he'll be out soon.

Just before your last Grand Prix, you visit him again, only to find his sickness is much more serious. He says he'll recover, and if he dies, it's "gonna be on the racetrack." Now, during the final race of the GP, you hear Barat's voice. Afterwards, you get a humongous speed boost which helps you beat the lead car who's just......flyin'.

After you win the Grand Prix, everyone's congratulating you, the town doctor shows up. I'm paraphrasing, buf he said something like, "Congrats on winning. Oh, by the way, your friend passed away."

My jaw dropped. I should've seen it coming, that whole "on the racetrack" and speed boost scene. What made it worse is that's how the game ended. The credits song had a very somber tone to it. I thought to myself, "Dude, they're only cars." But, I still felt some type of way.

Are all RPG's like that, you know, getting rid of someone your character is really connected to? I know about that whole "Aeris" thing. I don't think I'd be able to handle too much emotional stress from RPG's. Maybe that's why I don't play them.

Thanks again for reading.

tl;dr- I almost cried playing a game about cars. /superrant.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
Maybe when i was younger.

but nowadays its impossible for me to cry at a movie because no matter what happens, i know that its fake, its actors performing a job, it didnt actually happen, and these thoughts or reality always override any emotional attachment i have to characters in a movie.

i still enjoy movies a lot but crying over a movie is silly imo.

AranOcean

Smash Ace
NNID
AranOcean
3DS FC
1220-8584-3874
I cried from laughed so much after watching Monty Python and the Holy Grail again.

I recently went to see the movie Up with my father. At the end of the movie, I noticed that his eyes were red from crying. I guess it's good to show your emotions.

[oni]LoKo

Smash Journeyman
I cried from laughed so much after watching Monty Python and the Holy Grail again.

I recently went to see the movie Up with my father. At the end of the movie, I noticed that his eyes were red from crying. I guess it's good to show your emotions.
UP -was- a really sad movie~. I teared up so many times, laughed hard so many times, I mean, it was just a great movie. Doug looks just like my dog too!

Matt07

Smash Master
When I was really young I cried from watching Paulie (a movie about a parrot, I haven't watched it in forever.), Titanic (I was like...6 when I first watched it.) and, A.I. Artificial Intelligence. Of course there's a bunch of others movies that make me sad, but these ones I still remember quite well.

mzink*

Smash Ace
God I cry so easily watching movies, I always have to fight to control myself when I'm around people lol. It may not even be because its sad, it could be because its just I duno moving in any way. Pretty much if there is any kind of build up to a really cool scene or something I'm gona have tears haha. Or even if a scene just relates to me in some way, yep I'm cryin. Its ridiculous sometimes.

D

Deleted member

Quite a few

-Boy in the Striped Pajamas (Cried like a baby during this)
-Witness for the Prosecution
-Saving Private Ryan
-Tropic Thunder (Due to me having high expectations)
-Citizen Kane
-Mulan
-Hairspray
-Remember the Titans

-Dragonball Z series finale
-The end of Phoenix Wright: Trials & Tribulations (Lame I know)

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Oh yeah, I'll definitely cry if I've really been pulled into it and it gets sad.

I've definitely cried in these series:
Futurama (Luck of the Fryish and Jurassic Bark)
One Piece
Fullmetal Alchemist

And of course there are countless movies that have made me cry.

Futurama, well Jurassic Bark I only recently cried to even though I first saw it several years ago. When I first saw it I had not yet loved a dog and knew how amazing they are. Now that I've lost that first dog and have really have loved one for the first time it can really get to me.

One Piece, well it doesn't seem very depressing. Perhaps it really isn't. But some of the character's backstories are really sad. Especially Robin's. I'm really attached to my mom, so Robin's really got to me.

Fullmetal Alchemist, well that requires no explanation.

bleyva

Smash Ace
i used to think movies would never make me cry, but ive come to find that movies which depict isolated/underdog characters being tormented often get me very emotional.

Disney's 1939 rendition of The Ugly Duckling got me so overwhelmed with bottled-up emotion that i couldnt bare to watch it all the way through for months, and its only 9 mins long (i know that might sound a little gay, but you gotta admit Disney's got a knack for heart-braking scenes in kids' films)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lOzBPqkpoE <----------if anyone cares to watch

[oni]LoKo

Smash Journeyman
"i hid under the porch cause i love you."
omg, I almost wanted to bawl at that part, that was waaaay too cute <3. I wish my dog could talk ;____; . I don't think he'd b as annoying as Dexter's "Lab" though xP

JUDGE

Smash Lord
oh yeah!!!^^
i don't cry often but in titanic..........hahaha yeah.....i couldn't help but cry^^

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
The end of Gladiator when they all stand in silence and honour Maximus, then carry him out.

Lily

Smash Cadet
Green Mile
A Walk To Remember
The Notebook
Lion King
Bambi
American History X
The Mighty
Patch Adams
Simon Birch
Pay It Forward
Braveheart
Titanic
Crash
Garden State

I cried during the episode of House where Kutner killed himself. It was so sad. I really believed that Kal Penn was dead. They did a Kutner tribute and all. :C

RandomLax

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RelaxBro
3DS FC
3668-7762-8508
odd I was just thinking to make a thread like this...
but:
Lilo&Stitch
Eureka Seven's Finale
when L Lawliet died
the end of Pheonix Wright T&T
The Ugly Duckling

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
I don't cry at many movies, but watching an animated Pixar movie called "Up", really got me crying. The movie makes you reflect on your own life and what goals you want to accomplish.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
Batteries Not Included
Titanic
What Dreams May Come

etc.

Too many to name. I am a HUGE crybaby.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
VH1 behind the music: Pantera

The last episode of YU GI OH(The Marik saga)

Animals of Farthing wood(any one who watched this knows exactly what part im talking about)

Yeah theres a few but they were when I was younger(Titanic,Notebook etc)

Mr.Victory07

Smash Lord
The only times I can actually remember was when I was like 8 and cried when Godzilla died in Godzilla ( >.> , I cried watching Titanic (I was like 12). I have teared up in more movies though, e.g I teared up when Kong was being taken from Skull Island in King Kong.

Top Bottom