• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Have a love life?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Do you generally crack a joke and then exclaim, "THAT WAS A JOKE GUYS" right after?

If that's the general method for you guys in here, it'd explain all the failures with the wimminz. I mean damn I'm really not picky at all but if a guy were like that even I wouldn't hit it.

Kanelol

Smash Lord
How do you get a girl to stop liking you

Because I was chit-chatting to this one chick for a while, but then the girl of my dreams came out of nowhere and I got on that in a second

But I don't know how to let girl #1 down easy

:\

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Don't let her down easy.

Tell her you're not interested in her "in that way" the same way those satan spawn always put boys down.

Or you could call her a c*** and tell her to go **** herself, then you're guaranteed to have her dislike you.

For the sake of Dragoon Fighter, I'll point out that that last sentence is not meant to be taken seriously. Although +rep if you do it because it'd be hilarious.

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
For the sake of Dragoon Fighter, I'll point out that that last sentence is not meant to be taken seriously. Although +rep if you do it because it'd be hilarious.
Man that hurt. I actually know people how practice that last advice so I would not know it to be a joke. Mostly because there are a lot of *******s where I live, unfortunately.

eighteenspikes

Smash Master

Because I was chit-chatting to this one chick for a while, but then the girl of my dreams came out of nowhere and I got on that in a second

Flirt with her constantly and wait for her to make a move, then be like OH GIRL I JUST SEE YOU A S A FRIEND HAHAHA GET FRIENDOZNED SKANK then turn around and scream to the heavens *****ES OF THE EARTH HOW DOES IT FEEL??HOW THE **** DOES IT MAKE YOU FEEEEEEEEEL? EEEAAAAAAAAAAA then post about it on smashboared.s

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
I never realized how many homosexuals there were on Smashboards. :o

Nothing against you guys just an observation.
My reaction to finding out Auspher is gay:

What the freaking hell?? GAY??

Jesus when I half jokingly said that 90% of smashboards was gay a while back I sure as hell didn't expect it to be true. Seriously I honestly think if you're straight you're a minority around here.
Seriously we should just call this place gayboards forums and get it over and done with.

Do you generally crack a joke and then exclaim, "THAT WAS A JOKE GUYS" right after?

If that's the general method for you guys in here, it'd explain all the failures with the wimminz. I mean damn I'm really not picky at all but if a guy were like that even I wouldn't hit it.
Teran, we assume everything we hear or read is sarcastic first. Notice how we're probably the 2 most sarcastic people in this place filled with Americans?

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
Gotta get down on Friday!

EDIT: To stay on topic:

Tell her you're not interested. It's really not that hard.

Or you could just lead her on for the hell of it.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
Wait, can people seriously not tell when Teran's joking? Pluvia's right: must be an American thing.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
you just gotta be like,

yo, I know youre really into me, and I was kinda feelin you, but I just hit it off with this other chick and i dont wanna be seen as somebody who flirts around. I really like this girl but I dont want you to hate me so....

by that time she should know what youre trying to say and you shouldnt need to explain yourself further.

Just like every piece of advice ill give in this thread, i just gotta say, when you deal with girls, you have to be tactful, yet forward. its hard to not be too forward that you come off as a D bag, and at the same time not be too soft spoken that the girl misunderstands or confuses what you are trying to say. but you have to find that balence.

Now, I told yall before I would explain my current girl situation to ya, so here goes.

I gotta preface the story by saying that I belong to a religion known as Jehovah's Witnesses. Yes, Im one of those people that goes around knocking on random doors during the day talking to people about the bible, but lets not make this a religious debate, theres other threads I could go to for that. All this means for the context of the story is that, I probably look at dating and love and sex a bit differently than you all do.

My believes as they relate to this.
I am not going to have sex until I'm married
The dating/bf/gf relationship period is only supposed to serve as a trial/discovery/portal period, prior to getting to the marriage situation. i.e. You shouldnt be dating someone you dont plan to marry.
If you arent confident enough to tell anyone and everyone that you are dating someone (not saying you gotta put your business all in the street but, you shouldnt be hiding it either) you probably shouldnt be dating them.

That being said. Im definitely in love with a girl.
Shes also definitely in love with me.

Are we together? Nope!
Basically this is a girl that Ive gone back and forth with for a long time now (over a year) shes about 2.5 years younger than me. (im almost 22 now.) And weve gone from friends just hanging out, to texting constantly to not speaking and back again. The first go-round with her, about a year ago, we were getting really close and I wanted to take her on a date, but shes was too immature at the time and kept flip floping between wanting to be with me, and not wanting to talk to me because she knew her dad wouldnt approve. She kinda messed with my head too much, and I got pissed and basically shut her out completely. I said something like, 'dont talk to me again until youve grown up'

Funnily enough, she actually did that. she lives about 30 min away so I never saw her except for about 2-3 times a year at our larger religious conventions. Since that was always the time I would see her and we would start talking again, fast forward about half a year, and the day before the convention, I was thinking about her. And I kid you not, not even 15 minutes, after she came into my mind for the first time in months, she texted me. I took this as some sort of sign. (not like the sign from God sign, but like the coincidental, 'yea, this probably means something' type of sign) From there we started talking again, and getting really close, texting non stop 24/7. But this time we were both about a year older and wiser.

So we actually started talking seriously. Even though she lives like 3 towns over, her regular travels brought her through my town a lot. whenever she was at the mall or something, I would meet her up there. I took her on a couple of the stereotypical 'dinner and a movie' and 'lets meet for lunch' dates. (p.s. i think this is why Despicable Me is one of my favorite movies now) And the mutual feelings between us got really strong.

Unfortunately, there were two issues. 1. She still thinks her dad will assume her to be too immature for a relationship, and will not condone it, so she didnt want to tell him about me. and 2. With our religion, she was getting ready to start a very intense class where she is to learn Mandarin Chinese in the span of about 6 months. That was something she was planning before we got really serious.

And because the class is so demanding, along with her job and her already hectic schedule (shes one of those types that is constantly overworking themselves) I decided that it was best if we stopped talking. Partially because I know how badly she wanted to be a part of the Chinese class, and I dont want to be a distraction to her and have her worrying about me while she does her thing, and partially because of my third belief near the top and if she still isnt grown enough to stand up to her father for my sake, than she still isnt mature enough to be in a relationship anyways. Im not tryna be nobodys 'secret boyfriend', and I think that the time apart will give us an ample amount of time for both of us to deal with some personal issues that have to be dealt with before either of us should be looking at dating somebody.

Her class started in early feb i think, so sometime during the summer I expect to be back with her, seriously.

I dont expect most, if not, any, of you to understand my situation, and Im probably going to get annoyed reading the responces here. (except teran's cus i know hes gonna be stupid no matter what lol) But it felt really good to type that all out.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
@ da kid: i understand your reaosning for everything and don't disagree at all. only thing is i don't think its wise to put your love life on hold for one girl when tons of things could change in 6 months. but you seem to have some common sense lol
what I think works is when you are in the friendship zone long enough you kind of get benefits like when they have problems they will go to you, and that gives you the chance to show her that you are there for her :) and eventually she'll fall for you :)
hands down the worst piece of relationship advice I've EVER seen. I mean, you could have told him to roofy her and then commence with buttsecks and even that would have been a better way to get her to like you than this.

Can anyone give me some advice? I've met this chick in the school band, and we're doing some duets at the concert on monday ("Teenage Dirtbag", plus I sing backup on "Raise your Glass")... Tl;dr: I'm feeling/seeing some chemistry here, and I don't necessarily mean on a musical level.

How the **** do I ask her out without being friend-zoned? What should I even ask her out to? Last time I asked a girl out, we went to a carnival, got moderately drunk, went on some rides, and then layed back to watch the stars, and then she asked "uh, is this supposed to be a date?"... I don't know how much more clear I can make myself, tbh, and I have no idea how/when/where to ask her out to. Maybe after the concert or something... But how can I make it clear that I mean for more than just friends? We aren't quite "friends" just yet, more like acquaintances that work together in the band... I just don't know what to do. Suggestions would be great.

you dont know that much about her. so if she shoots you down its not a huge loss right?

Wooord. the fact that you currently barely know this girl only works in your favor. Straight up ask her out. Let her know from the jump that its a date. If your hunch about her knda digging you is right, she'll say yes and then you roll with it. if your wrong, big deal.

Flirt with her constantly and wait for her to make a move, then be like OH GIRL I JUST SEE YOU A S A FRIEND HAHAHA GET FRIENDOZNED SKANK then turn around and scream to the heavens *****ES OF THE EARTH HOW DOES IT FEEL??HOW THE **** DOES IT MAKE YOU FEEEEEEEEEL? EEEAAAAAAAAAAA then post about it on smashboared.s
lmffao

what are your chances with "girl of your dreams" girl? I mean if you're already ready to pull the trigger and get serious but still want to be friends with girl #1, then theres no harm in just telling her you're not interested.

on the other hand you could completely blow her off.

on the other other hand, you could keep her in the wings and still **** chat with her and play with her on the side so that incase things "dream girl" fall through, you have something to fall back on. I would personally choose this route.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
hands down the worst piece of relationship advice I've EVER seen. I mean, you could have told him to roofy her and then commence with buttsecks and even that would have been a better way to get her to like you than this.
Agreed they don't call it the "friendship zone" for nothing... Once you're in there, you might as well move onto the next one cause unless if you can pull off a miracle that people always see on TV (despite the fact that it pretty much NEVER happens), you're in the ZONE for GOOD and there's NO TURNIN BACK BABY! :cool:

JPOBS

Smash Hero
word. went through that in high school. will never let it happen again.

I think most guys go through it atleast once, its a tough lesson to learn. I pity the fool who lets it happen again tho

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Well im not putting my love life on hold for her.

I told her that im planning to move out of this city at some point, and if that happens before shes done doing her thing or if i meet another girl in that time, she already knows that whatever happens happens. I dont feel that thats going to happen tho.

ps. i know this is ironic coming from me.
but I feel like this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WM1RChZk1EU

should be the official theme song of this thread.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I just told me EX never to speak to me again because of how hateful she has been towards me lately.

feels good, man. :cool:

ulises3000

Smash Ace
NNID
Ulises3000
3DS FC
1951-1622-8058
Switch FC
SW-4892-0521-2326
But I think everyone here would agree with me that THIS should be the theme song for this thread- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpwK3vFGJp0
Oh God this song. It is the best.
Erg me and this girl have known each other for a couple years and always secretly kinda liked each other. But about 2 weeks ago we went on a 3 day trip for school and it was great. Even at school now we're hanging out and doing great.A Hug here or there may not seem like much but it feels great. But me being a Shy Person doesn't know what to say to here. I'm letting things play out but I'm not so sure if I should take action.I've even started to workout more to Impress her.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Erg me and this girl have known each other for a couple years and always secretly kinda liked each other. But about 2 weeks ago we went on a 3 day trip for school and it was great. Even at school now we're hanging out and doing great.A Hug here or there may not seem like much but it feels great. But me being a Shy Person doesn't know what to say to here. I'm letting things play out but I'm not so sure if I should take action.I've even started to workout more to Impress her.]
ask her out to lunch first. that worked for me. and I know how you feel, I'm super shy around women also.

if that goes well ask her to something bigger, like a movie.

then if you want to, ask her something bigger, like a night of ice skating or a night to stargaze and then ask her out while on that date

JPOBS

Smash Hero
Erg me and this girl have known each other for a couple years and always secretly kinda liked each other. But about 2 weeks ago we went on a 3 day trip for school and it was great. Even at school now we're hanging out and doing great.A Hug here or there may not seem like much but it feels great. But me being a Shy Person doesn't know what to say to here. I'm letting things play out but I'm not so sure if I should take action.I've even started to workout more to Impress
a few years? thats a LONG time to "secretly" like someone. if she likes you back (although how can you be sure if its a secret) then whats the problem with asking her out formally?

and I don't mean to be a downer but hugs don't mean anything at all to most people. i casually hug my girl friends all the time.

don't just "let things play out". If nothing has happen in a couple years of playing out, it won't start now. Gotta go for it.

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
Take her on a nice normal date XD you guys could like just get some ice cream and talk over common interests or just how you guys have been doing :) keep conversations amazing and what I think works is when you are in the friendship zone long enough you kind of get benefits like when they have problems they will go to you, and that gives you the chance to show her that you are there for her :) and eventually she'll fall for you :)

IMO, err it's happened to me before, and I wasn't even planning for it to happen :p
this sounds so gay, why the **** do you waste your time catering to a weak *** ***** like this. go after a nice flashy/sexy ***** and see how much happier that will make you

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Teran, I'm not just looking for "fresh booty".
Man people always have to infer the wrong things.

But then again, this does explain why you've never had no funsies.

Hahahaha, people are so shallow sometimes.
Ah well, at least they're not gay.

Plus I'm shallow **** you I don't care.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Yes but you are not an idiot.

Just the way people talk as if they are the **** and know everything there is to know about being the ****.

If the women they say they get knew what they were saying I'm sure it would be different.

/rant

Plus I thought you only go for people that are just as or almost as intelligent as you are Teran.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
about a month ago, i went to a week-long training program at a hotel in canberra for peeps that were accepted to go on foreign aid assignments on behalf of the government. i met a sweet guy there that turned out to be from melbourne as well, so we took the same shuttle and flight back home once the program was over, as friends -- this was before we figured out there was any mutual interest in each other.

we caught up from drinks on a regular occasion after work hours (he was easy to talk to, since we have similar political groundings & global aspirations) and the subtle hints dropped pretty frequently. so we progressed decently to a point.

there's two dawg **** things about this. the first is that he wants to have his cake and eat it. he misled me into thinking that he was free/single, just because he didn't want to push me away if he was up front about his position. so now there's a weird front that i reluctantly put up when he's with his other friends or with the guy he's supposedly been with for a while, & he can't decide what do do about it. second: his assignment is in mongolia and mine is in the philippines. we're mobilizing in about a week. we'll try and meet up at some point (the program lasts a good 12 months)... but i came into this with the mindset that i'll just enjoy what i can have with him, because of our work situations. atm, it's developed into a f*** buddy system, which is kinda lame, but what more can i ask for given the circumstances?

suuuuccckksssss -- the one legit dude i think i'd do anything for is ****ing complicated as ****

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Plus I thought you only go for people that are just as or almost as intelligent as you are Teran.
LOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Well I guess for a relationship then yeah.

I mean really though, if I held that standard up for all my fun I'd barely get laid at all.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Man Cao, the one legit boy always has a catch.

Funnily enough my first one legit boy is now in Australia. Curse your land for stealing him.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
we could use some foreign imports anyway, jesus christ @ our putrid gene pool ;)

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Lol he's white so it'd probably end up the same. D:

Man he came back to England for a bit 3 years ago and I was like "..." when I saw him.

And then we did stuff, and then I was like "lol I don't love you anymore".

Feels good man, but I was probably semi lying. Hope he dies so it doesn't have to bother me anymore.

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
Yes but you are not an idiot.

Just the way people talk as if they are the **** and know everything there is to know about being the ****.

If the women they say they get knew what they were saying I'm sure it would be different.

/rant

i, too, self censor out of fear that my girlfriend reads smashboards. gentlemen ftw!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom