• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Have a love life?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peeze

Smash Master
This girl i've liked for a few months now told me she doesn't like anyone in my age group.
I was just getting ready to hang myself(completely joking, i had the shotgun loaded) when she told me that she had a crush on me.
:)
Life is now perfect

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
I was just getting ready to hang myself(completely joking, i had the shotgun loaded)
Um, was she aware of your suicide-esque behavior, because that might of corrupted what she would of done otherwise. Also killing yourself over a another human beings rejection is kind of extreme. I personally would discourage you from that behavior, in that context, however if you wish to do it then no one can stop you.

Also your parents need to keep a better lock on that gun.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
LT if you find this girl attractive you need to get on that dude!

A girl wouldn't tell you that she likes you while she has a boyfriend for no reason... She's obviously looking for something.

Peeze

Smash Master

Um, was she aware of your suicide-esque behavior, because that might of corrupted what she would of done otherwise. Also killing yourself over a another human beings rejection is kind of extreme. I personally would discourage you from that behavior, in that context, however if you wish to do it then no one can stop you.

Also your parents need to keep a better lock on that gun.
I was obviously joking. Context kinda implied that

JPOBS

Smash Hero
lol i def would not have handled LT's situation the way he did. Would have tried to pull some strings and make her my casual **** buddy.

like TRG said, girls don't just go around telling guys they like them when they have boyfriends. to have one say that outright is pretty much a blessing.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
I'm not looking for a relationship, I don't want one. I'm also not interested in just plain having fun because it just doesn't appeal to me.
I couldn't ignore this, but what are you looking for exactly if you're not looking for a relationship or sex?
Just friendship?

Sorry if you already mentioned it, I just skimmed through a few posts here.

Staz

Smash Lord
I think when the boy and girl in the relationship have good communication, the relationship goes alot smoother. IMO

NNID
Budget_Player
Can anyone give me some advice? I've met this chick in the school band, and we're doing some duets at the concert on monday ("Teenage Dirtbag", plus I sing backup on "Raise your Glass")... Tl;dr: I'm feeling/seeing some chemistry here, and I don't necessarily mean on a musical level.

How the **** do I ask her out without being friend-zoned? What should I even ask her out to? Last time I asked a girl out, we went to a carnival, got moderately drunk, went on some rides, and then layed back to watch the stars, and then she asked "uh, is this supposed to be a date?"... I don't know how much more clear I can make myself, tbh, and I have no idea how/when/where to ask her out to. Maybe after the concert or something... But how can I make it clear that I mean for more than just friends? We aren't quite "friends" just yet, more like acquaintances that work together in the band... I just don't know what to do. Suggestions would be great.

Staz

Smash Lord
How the **** do I ask her out without being friend-zoned? What should I even ask her out to? Last time I asked a girl out, we went to a carnival, got moderately drunk, went on some rides, and then layed back to watch the stars, and then she asked "uh, is this supposed to be a date?"... I don't know how much more clear I can make myself, tbh, and I have no idea how/when/where to ask her out to. Maybe after the concert or something... But how can I make it clear that I mean for more than just friends? We aren't quite "friends" just yet, more like acquaintances that work together in the band... I just don't know what to do. Suggestions would be great.
Take her on a nice normal date XD you guys could like just get some ice cream and talk over common interests or just how you guys have been doing :) keep conversations amazing and what I think works is when you are in the friendship zone long enough you kind of get benefits like when they have problems they will go to you, and that gives you the chance to show her that you are there for her :) and eventually she'll fall for you :)

IMO, err it's happened to me before, and I wasn't even planning for it to happen :p

NNID
Budget_Player
Take her on a nice normal date XD you guys could like just get some ice cream and talk over common interests or just how you guys have been doing :) keep conversations amazing and what I think works is when you are in the friendship zone long enough you kind of get benefits like when they have problems they will go to you, and that gives you the chance to show her that you are there for her :) and eventually she'll fall for you :)

IMO, err it's happened to me before, and I wasn't even planning for it to happen :p
That last bit you described is referred to as the "friend zone".

Pic most definitely related. It's not what I'm going for. At all. Any sensible advice?

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Just ask her out to do something where you can talk to her. Dinner, or a social activity. People sabotage themselves mentally when they're already planning so far ahead and worrying and fretting about "friend zone" bullcrap before they have even hung out with the girl.

Ask her out to something or even just say you want to hang out. Her reaction and reply will tell you a lot more and you can go from there. You can't make a blueprint and checklist of the right things to do at all points. But it's not complex. Just take it as it comes and work with it. You've got to be comfortable around her before you can just be like "I want to have sex with you."

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Take her to the side and go, "baby, lemme tell you how it is...

So I had my eye on you for quite some time
So listen up ***** as I bust this rhyme
I wanna give it to you, my ****'s so cash
As I decorate your face with my manly splash
Unbuttoning yo blouse, watch you get all sweaty
Then smash yo *** backwards like Tommy Vercetti
Don't get it twisted cos damn I never lie
Like when I tell you you'll never find another guy
Yo **** is weak but girl I dig it
And forreal you gotta admit
Havin' you on my arm that **** is tight
With just a slip of my fingers I'll make yo panties ignite"

Go on, be a man, do it!

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
^^^ ...umm o.0

I've found that one of the best ice-breakers for "that first hangout" with girls is the movies. It's almost always fun (if you agree on a movie you both can enjoy), it requires very little conversation if you're the type that isn't the best at keeping up interesting conversation, but at the same time it also gives both of you plenty to talk about when the movie is over.

My most successful date was with this girl who I barely knew and I took her to the movies. Not gonna lie the car ride to the movies was slightly awkward since we barely knew each other and we were both acting a bit shy, but by the time we saw the movie and left (I am Number 4... It was ok but we both like sci-fi), we were raving on about it nonstop and the conversation went from the movie to a lot of other different things. Our relationship on a social level only grew from that point.

And I'm now taking her to prom in a week. :)

Just my suggestion. Good luck BPC!

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
You gotta pull of the hand slip at the movies. Corny, overdone, but such a classic.

Although once I was watching a movie with a boy (it was first date etc) and he slipped his hand on mine and I was like wtf you doing you're so gay omg.

Seriously, I don't wanna hold hands, I wanna hold your waist as I...

mhm

Man something's wrong I'm all hyper right now.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I tried to care about people in that way but it's only happened twice and it didn't work out so perfectly.

I still try and fail so I just milk what I can out of each one I put time into and move on.

Wow that sounded dirty.

*facepalm*

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
yo BPC, I argue with you constantly about dang near everything, but im a bro, so ill be real with you.

You cant be tactless but you do have to be forward.

after practice/concert, just be like

yo, im kinda feelin you, and it seems like youre giving me the same vibes. do you want to go to the movies or something (insert day here [inb4 teran quote edits something about inserting here]) and just go from there. the execution isnt a huge deal as long as you have the idea that, if she doesnt want to go out with you, you arent going to kill yourself/stalk her. and if she does want to, your not going to try to **** her on the first date.

you dont know that much about her. so if she shoots you down its not a huge loss right?

D

Deleted member

A love life?

Heh...I wish. 21 years old and never had a relationship. Ever. And it seems every single guy I'm attracted to either turns out to be straight or just doesn't have any interest in me. The closest thing I've had to a relationship is just a little flirting online, but even those attempts have fallen through.

A love life seems like just a distant fairy tale to me. :(

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
A love life?

Heh...I wish. 21 years old and never had a relationship. Ever. And it seems every single guy I'm attracted to either turns out to be straight or just doesn't have any interest in me. The closest thing I've had to a relationship is just a little flirting online, but even those attempts have fallen through.

A love life seems like just a distant fairy tale to me. :(
Be more proactive imo. Fresh booty doesn't just come to your doorstep, not until you've worked up some rep at least lol. :p

I never realized how many homosexuals there were on Smashboards. :o

Nothing against you guys just an observation.
Man come on.

Everyone knows only kids and gays play Nintendo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom