• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

H2YL Presents: Critical Hit 3 - Sykesville, MD - Jul 5, 08

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
aw i was looking forward to seeing hylian play in a region with talent and getting ***** =)

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Uh...Forte, tripping isn't really a calculated risk. It gets you punished just for moving. That's terrible. We're all idiots for playing this terrible game competitively, lol.

inui- i bet you're tripping a lot because you spend most of your time running away
Naw, I'm actually pretty aggressive.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
the more u dash or spend on the ground is the higher chance u have of tripping. jump and walk more and ur less likely to

thumbswayup

Smash Master
That is sort of offensive lol.

What makes you say that?
I'd rather not see a good ICs player there. With my luck, you'd be in my pool and 3 stock me because of that 0-death grab bs. The same would happen in the grand finals. I know I'm going to lose at this tourny, but at least I want to have fun in my matches. I already stated that I would bet anyone $20 that you were going to win the whole thing. I'd love it if you came to a MD tourny and didn't use ICs :)

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
aw i was looking forward to seeing hylian play in a region with talent and getting ***** =)
I was looking forward to playing new people and having fun >_>...

But I guess east coast has to trash talk no matter what.

*shrugs*

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
That is sort of offensive lol.

What makes you say that?
Some of us were under the assumption that you were gonna **** this tourney with IC's infinite grabs. I was actually looking forward to see first-hand just how broken this tactic was in the hands of a master, but then again, it wouldn't really count unless you were playing as gay as possible, and I don't know you so I don't know if that's your style.

I personally think that the only way the IC's infinite grab can get banned from tourneys here is if someone like you comes and ***** a big tourney like this with it. But then again, if you came and tried to win with infinite grabs and still lost, then it's obviously not broken enough to be bannable.

I hope that doesn't sound like I'm antagonizing you. I respect you highly as a player. You're just the only player I know of that could potentially pull off this kind of thing to **** a major tourney so much that the rules have to be changed, and I was looking forward to the opportunity to see whether or not this could happen.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Some of us were under the assumption that you were gonna **** this tourney with IC's infinite grabs. I was actually looking forward to see first-hand just how broken this tactic was in the hands of a master, but then again, it wouldn't really count unless you were playing as gay as possible, and I don't know you so I don't know if that's your style.

I personally think that the only way the IC's infinite grab can get banned from tourneys here is if someone like you comes and ***** a big tourney like this with it. But then again, if you came and tried to win with infinite grabs and still lost, then it's obviously not broken enough to be bannable.

I hope that doesn't sound like I'm antagonizing you. I respect you highly as a player. You're just the only player I know of that could potentially pull off this kind of thing to **** a major tourney so much that the rules have to be changed, and I was looking forward to the opportunity to see whether or not this could happen.
I see. Sorry to dissapoint >_>.

And I wouldn't of infinited anyways. I can 0-death all characters without the alt grab infinite...so I don't really know what they would ban lol.

forute

Smash Ace
Aw I wanted to play Hylian

Uh...Forte, tripping isn't really a calculated risk. It gets you punished just for moving. That's terrible. We're all idiots for playing this terrible game competitively, lol.
It's a calculated risk because there is always a chance of tripping as you dash or >b on the ground, so if you're in death range and you don't want to trip into an attack, you've just got to accept that as long as you continue to dash or >b on the ground, it might happen, then adapt accordingly

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I was looking forward to playing new people and having fun >_>...

But I guess east coast has to trash talk no matter what.

*shrugs*
MD/VA is just full of arrogant jackasses that make other arrogant douches, like myself, seem like humble people. Farther up north is generally all right if you can tolerate NYC's joking around.

Forte said:
It's a calculated risk because there is always a chance of tripping as you dash or >b on the ground, so if you're in death range and you don't want to trip into an attack, you've just got to accept that as long as you continue to dash or >b on the ground, it might happen, then adapt accordingly
So...you get punished for simply moving and for taking the best options. You can't adapt to falling into an attack that you would have normally countered.

Brawl's too good.

pockyD

Smash Legend
MD/VA is just full of arrogant jackasses that make other arrogant douches, like myself, seem like humble people. Farther up north is generally all right if you can tolerate NYC's joking around.
you don't seem like a humble person

So...you get punished for simply moving and for taking the best options. You can't adapt to falling into an attack that you would have normally countered.

Brawl's too good.
obv if there's a chance of tripping, it may not be the best option to begin with

Lukky

Smash Cadet
I wanted to play Hylian...I haven't really seen good Ice Climbers in person...kinda sucks you aren't coming...maybe some other time

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
My friend Kirk needs a ride from BWI Airport at 7:45ish PM. Is there any way anyone from MD can PLEASE get him...It's very important. Thanks in advance.

turbogilman

Smash Journeyman
Now does kirk need to be picked up tonight or tomorrow?

Cause we could pick up him up if its on friday pm me if you he needs the ride tom.

And to inui and ninjalink... Your sigs take up like three full scrolls on my phone ur so simple

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Now does kirk need to be picked up tonight or tomorrow?

Cause we could pick up him up if its on friday pm me if you he needs the ride tom.

And to inui and ninjalink... Your sigs take up like three full scrolls on my phone ur so simple
Hey. Can u pick 2 of my crew members if they came tomorrow? If so u would be very helpful....If it comes to gas then they would help out some....I team with them so plz if u could help. Remember im the random char person. FUN FUN !!! lol

hova

Smash Champion
ur stupid if you think that we think tripping is a good thing

footstooling on the other hand is ***** awesome

Inui

Banned via Warnings
anyone else think inui's entire personality is just an elaborate joke he's playing on us? there's no way a real person could be that annoying so constantly
Maybe...! You guys should consider listenting to Keitaro or whoever that said something smart a few pages back.

footstooling on the other hand is ***** awesome
You would, Hova. :laugh:

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
inui... -.-

I've come to the conclusion you enjoy being hated because of the attention you get.
To answer Inui's question.

Inui: I'm not very good vs. Snakes. MM me with your Marth/Snake. =P

Still need a ride. Is there really no one that can help out? I understand that it's a inconvience so if there's really no one, then oh well. Really curious how well I would do against the top from the other regions.

dawgbowl

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-2803-2467
unless someone can confirm me a partner for the tournament (I play Lucas/Pikachu respectively) I will skip this one and try and attend the next.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
hylian, i just wanted to motivate you to come :D
I was already motivated. It's not something to get fired over though lol. I will see a lot of you in Florida :).

P.c. Chris

Smash Lord
I'll be coming to this, it'll probably be my last out of region tournament so i look forward to seeing everyone (except inui LOL). I'll probably be doing some money matches if anyone wants im not that good in brawl tho =/. Also Mr. Azen Zagenite , i believe i left my "zoo york" track jacket in your trunk after VLS if you still have it can u bring it since i'll never see u again probably LOL D: If you don't have any clue what i'm talking about i might of left it somewhere else so don't worry about it. See everyone on Saturday.

PRiDE

Smash Lord
taking any MM vs my Yoshi ... yes I am serious. No montage members lol or the god trio azen, chillen, chu, or god, m2k... ;P

Top Bottom