• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

H2YL Presents: Critical Hit 3 - Sykesville, MD - Jul 5, 08

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Also, I'd like to MM all Snakes, MK's, and Marth's from OOS.
Are you a lot better than Jason against Snake? If not, then I'll do the Snake one since I do fine against Jason with him.

Might try Marth, but Jason has been making me hate it due to Meta Knight's stupid option-select broken edgeguarding.

dookdigity

Smash Journeyman
Yeah my recording equipment is legit. Like I said, I call dibs on finals. Unless an admin bumps me. I will be recording directly to my laptop and have a camera recording the crowd to have crowd visual and audio.

But someone bring a TV for 64. I will love you forever!

Zro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4356-1415-1117
NY, son. NinjaLink is coming.
deffinately forgetting a few others but ill lte it slide =]

Yes. I, The Great one, Is coming lol j/k. My crew is coming as well.

And Jesiah imma see what my crew is gonna do about that.
wow randall, just wow lol

anywho we should try to do crew battles here =] ny vs. any other state???

QNZ_RAFA

Smash Ace
Alright so whats the deal w/ the pot? is that the set prize amount or that's just GUARANTEED untill you reach a certain amount of players then it goes up from there? or are you just gonna pocket the rest for your expense?

turbogilman

Smash Journeyman
Ninjalink we will have some fun as hell randoms cause it is too much fun three stocking in randoms

Five mm me in randoms then casuals cool?

And does anyone else wanna have a mother war? ness lucas matches cause I do

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Alright so whats the deal w/ the pot? is that the set prize amount or that's just GUARANTEED untill you reach a certain amount of players then it goes up from there? or are you just gonna pocket the rest for your expense?
that is the set prize amount. it says on the front page that's how it is, and says nothing about adding to the pot anywhere. any other money will go to the venue. they fronted it and had the risk of losing a lot of money with no idea what the turnout would be.

since the #'s are good the next CH could have a higher guaranteed pot, but those are the payouts for this tournament, im pretty sure.

inui, is it "if i have the money" or "if i dont get awfully ***** by md/va really quickly and realize that i am actually not good"?

Inui

Banned via Warnings
inui, is it "if i have the money" or "if i dont get awfully ***** by md/va really quickly and realize that i am actually not good"?
It's really "if I have money" because I could always trip, get footstooled, or lose to some other Brawl gimmick regardless of skill.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
i footstool intentionally all day, no johns. tripping is the only gimmick and it doesnt happen that often to get you really ****ed anyway. just get over it.

aesir, i have no idea, just blessed i suppose

turbogilman

Smash Journeyman
Dude the brawl gimmicks are generally skill tripping is not as bad as some people make it out to be(insert no flame wars)

no johns

and inui having money I will bet someone a dollar he won't have that money

And

Inui

Banned via Warnings
lol, no. I'm not risking $20 unless I can easily take the loss. I've lost tournament matches to tripping, footstooling, random occurances/stages killing me, etc. Brawl's too gay. I was actually doing fine against Azen in my first match with him until I tripped five times at crucial moments and then ended up getting twostocked. Tripping is gay.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Ninjalink we will have some fun as hell randoms cause it is too much fun three stocking in randoms

Five mm me in randoms then casuals cool?

And does anyone else wanna have a mother war? ness lucas matches cause I do
Sure i guess. :-P As long as i dont get Pichu im good XD

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
I'm still looking for rides for my crew members. Or if i can get housing for tomorrow night it could work as well.

Noraa

Smash Lord
Nacker my pikmin wont lose to you again, youv knocked me out 2 tournys....it cant happen again =[ lol

forute

Smash Ace
tripping is the only gimmick and it doesnt happen that often to get you really ****ed anyway. just get over it.
I tripped into Ike fsmash against Azen at Chu's first biweekly tourney lol
But yeah tripping's not a big deal, it's a calculated risk you should keep in mind at all times and if you think it could kill you just stay in the air

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
yeah forte im not saying it NEVER happens to completely **** you :p but usually its fine and if your reaction time is decent enough when you fall you dont get too ****ed.

im not defending tripping in any way, im just saying you can't not take a money match because of it, especially when ur opponent has equal chance to do it

edit:: forte u also WON that tourney. so... LOL

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Guys, I can't get off work for this, so I can't go :(. Sorry.

Top Bottom