• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

unknown522

Some guy
yo kyle, I forgot my mp3 player at your place. I left it in the basement on the couch where we slept I think, or maybe the table where we had the second TV.

It's gray with the screen internally cracked and some funky looking blue earphones.

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
i have tuesday and wednesday off too if anyone's doing anything. (can't host though)

what happened in gf?
apparently mango was wrecking as falcon like 3 stocking peepee then suddenly mango lost the next games and lost gfs

so they're calling mango pulled a mango probably

or peepee pulled a peepee haha

Nightmare™

Smash Ace
anyone in here know anything about uploading vids to youtube? Everytime I upload this 4 min vid it says its 27 seconds long wtf? HELP!??!!??!??!?!?!?!!?!??!!?

idea

Smash Master
this isn't related to anything, but i remember reading that drunk people are more likely to survive a car crash. their muscles are more relaxed so they can take the impact much better.

so, if you think you might get in a car crash, you should plan to be drunk at the time.

Geist

Smash Master
anyone in here know anything about uploading vids to youtube? Everytime I upload this 4 min vid it says its 27 seconds long wtf? HELP!??!!??!??!?!?!?!!?!??!!?
lool I've never heard of that happening. Did you edit it properly so there's not unused space at the end of the video?
If that doesn't work, unplug youtube and plug it back in

this isn't related to anything, but i remember reading that drunk people are more likely to survive a car crash. their muscles are more relaxed so they can take the impact much better.

so, if you think you might get in a car crash, you should plan to be drunk at the time.
That's why drunk drivers unfortunately survive more often than their victims. :[

JPOBS

Smash Hero

I briefly searched about this and i couldn't find anything scholarly, just a bunch of forum posts and urban myths so im skeptical.

relaxed muscles dont do a good job of protecting you thoug, and they certainly don't take impact better than flexed muscles as far as i know.
theres a biological reason for everything. if reflexively tensing our muscles in dire situations wasnt somehow beneficial to survival, we wouldn't have evolutionarily developed the ability to do so.

people are dumb.

idea

Smash Master
yeah, i can't find a clear source either, there seem to be mixed results from various studies. and i don't remember where i found the original article (but i know it wasn't a post on some forum, or i wouldn't have even mentioned it).

however, we wouldn't have evolved to survive car crashes. it could be the case that tensing muscles is good for protecting against weaker impacts (for instance, in a fist fight with another human, or falling onto a hard surface), but bad against stronger ones. we haven't had to deal with anything like a car crash in the last few hundreds of thousands of years. with something that strong it seems reasonable that tensing up would just make you more brittle.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
any force powerful enough to break bone/body when surrounded by tense, protecting muscle...will just as easily (if not more so) snap bone/body when the muscles are relaxed.

i have a lot more things in my head i wanna say about this but i don't know to make it make sense lol.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
yoooo, whats up guys? any canadians that I've became friends with willing to give me a ride to pound? I live in rochester ny so it's on the way i'm almost positive. Willing to pay gas and whatnot, REALLLLY need a ride confirmed soon otherwise i can't go. pllleeeeease help unknown, sanuzi, raynex im looking at you guys :) thanks in advance!

Acidile

Smash Journeyman
also, my p5 ride bailed =( =( =(

I'm assuming there's still no rides + a waiting list on new ones, if for some reason spots open up let me know etc.

idea

Smash Master
yoooo, whats up guys? any canadians that I've became friends with willing to give me a ride to pound? I live in rochester ny so it's on the way i'm almost positive. Willing to pay gas and whatnot, REALLLLY need a ride confirmed soon otherwise i can't go. pllleeeeease help unknown, sanuzi, raynex im looking at you guys :) thanks in advance!
also, my p5 ride bailed =( =( =(

I'm assuming there's still no rides + a waiting list on new ones, if for some reason spots open up let me know etc.
yeah, what acidile said. there are no open spots in our cars and several people who would be next in line if those were vacated.

idea

Smash Master
double-checking -- did anyone who went to my house last time take a WHITE IPOD by mistake?

i don't know how anyone could confuse such a thing with something of theirs, but i don't see where else it could have gone =/ and like, i knew everyone there, so i really don't think anyone stole it.

Acidile

Smash Journeyman
Seriously considering busing to P5 with Reggie. Apparently megabus does the trip in 11hrs for 15 bucks? Leaves 1PM on the Friday, seems not too bad at all.

unknown522

Some guy
yeah, steve said it's too pricey, so since he doesn't want to go, then the other 4 that were in his car can't either.

Also, I don't have your ipod kyle.

edit: there's no way it's $15

Acidile

Smash Journeyman
yeah, steve said it's too pricey, so since he doesn't want to go, then the other 4 that were in his car can't either.

Also, I don't have your ipod kyle.

edit: there's no way it's $15
I know it seems too cheap, but that's what their site says ATM. I'll probably call them tomorrow or something.

Pogogo

Smash Journeyman
Theres no way in hell its 15 bucks i take the bus all the time with megabus and they r lying scum. Its 40$ toronto to kingston and like 120$ to the states.

Pogogo

Smash Journeyman
Would any of you guys be intersted in a post pound smash fest at my house? Outside of my 2 friends, 2 people showed up last time, Idea and Unknown522, mostly becasue of scheduling, but it was fun. And if there's going to be a small showing we can have like pizza, snacks and drinks for like 5 bucks. It should be sometime between feb 22-25 so yall can tell me how pound went and how dr.pp beat mango because he was sandbagging etc. Imma make a post in the tournament section later I guess. Its in midtown toronto and again I have lots of tvs but only a few setups. I'll show u how much "better" my fox is. Also if anyone wants to play retro games like snes n64 tell me because I probably have it.

Gichan

Smash Champion
who knows, I called megabus to confirm a price once to montreal and they confirmed that it was $10. I decided not to go since I didn't have the cash for the rest of my expenses. This was for an ssfiv tourney.

If you saw $15, you should fetch that ***** right away cause prices change drastically day by day.

Phoenix/NB$

Smash Rookie
It's Stos

I hope you guys kill it at Pound 5. Even though its like 2 - 3 weeks away.

Also, I don't have your iPod Kyle.

sauc3

Smash Lord
okay, who's left...bernard, kiwi, josh, kurtis, charles. i think that was everyone.
if ur refering to your ipod i def dont have it, sorry man

unless by ipod you mean winter coat, in which case i still have it, and will get it back to as soon as i can :)

Top Bottom