• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

Acidile

Smash Journeyman
who knows, I called megabus to confirm a price once to montreal and they confirmed that it was $10. I decided not to go since I didn't have the cash for the rest of my expenses. This was for an ssfiv tourney.

If you saw $15, you should fetch that ***** right away cause prices change drastically day by day.
I did a bit of research, apparently they do drastic price changing so they can actually fill their buses. They do a bunch of similar promotions with 1$ tickets in the US. The same tickets are ~150 in a couple weeks, I'ma buy a couple today.

You guys without rides should come!

idea

Smash Master
I did a bit of research, apparently they do drastic price changing so they can actually fill their buses. They do a bunch of similar promotions with 1$ tickets in the US. The same tickets are ~150 in a couple weeks, I'ma buy a couple today.

You guys without rides should come!
lol, i'll think about it if you + whoever work out housing/hotel.

Acidile

Smash Journeyman
lol, i'll think about it if you + whoever work out housing/hotel.
I bought the bus tickets, was thinking about doing hotel with me+reggie + 2 others. If you and like, Nick, wanted to go that would work, or I'd be ok with grabbing randoms from the smashboards thread.

I'll be putting the hotel on my CC.

idea

Smash Master
hmm...okay, i'll think about it. do you know how often the bus makes stops for food and stuff like that?

and how would you be getting back after the tourney?

Acidile

Smash Journeyman
The bus stops every once and awhile, I'd assume 2-3 times by the length of the trip.

Coming back on the same bus, either on the Tuesday morning or Monday early afternoon.

Pogogo

Smash Journeyman
Check the Canada Thread. Wtf do you play anyways mario mewtwo jiggs. I dun get it.

I've also concluded luigi sucks. shocker, I know.

Acidile

Smash Journeyman
Yo Dylan, would you guys be able to fill your last spot in room with someone from our car? I really don't want to risk getting kicked out.
Sure, but if Kyle is busing down with us, he'd take priority for the last spot in the hotel room (Me + Reggie + Nick atm)

JPOBS

Smash Hero
Yo Dylan, would you guys be able to fill your last spot in room with someone from our car? I really don't want to risk getting kicked out.
we wont get kicked out.

theres gonna be tons of rooms booked, and they aren't going to do a nightly headcount in all of them.

and secondly, i can almost garuantee all f the rooms will be over quota anyway.

ine even trippin :cool:

idea

Smash Master
Sure, but if Kyle is busing down with us, he'd take priority for the last spot in the hotel room (Me + Reggie + Nick atm)
ack, sorry, guess i'll have to decide soon so i don't leave a spot in question. it sounds fun.

we wont get kicked out.

theres gonna be tons of rooms booked, and they aren't going to do a nightly headcount in all of them.

and secondly, i can almost garuantee all f the rooms will be over quota anyway.

ine even trippin :cool:
yeah honestly, if you use the hotel that other smashers are using, they're all gonna be up all night traveling between rooms and there's no way the hotel staff are gonna be able to sort everything out. worst case scenario, someone hide in the bathroom when they come around checking, lol.

Pogogo

Smash Journeyman
Imma ditto you but no he sucks. I also suck.

You should watch Unknown vc Pakman at Rom 3. Game 2 u can hear the sand there's so much of it.

unknown522

Some guy
lol pacman.

Also, I beat Golden Sun 1 for the first time. Kinda short. Running through the second one. I haven't gotten the 4th party member yet, but I have gotten like 12 Djinn so far. Some dungeons are long as hell too. Jeez.

idea

Smash Master
lol pacman.

Also, I beat Golden Sun 1 for the first time. Kinda short. Running through the second one. I haven't gotten the 4th party member yet, but I have gotten like 12 Djinn so far. Some dungeons are long as hell too. Jeez.
2 is great =D and yeah, that's normal, it does take a while to get the 4th party member. it's a pretty cool part of the game when you do, though.

Acidile

Smash Journeyman
ok so I booked 4 bus tickets + Hotel room + Reg'd the 3 of us, so this is definitely a go.

Just let me know if you want the last bus spot Kyle!

idea

Smash Master
i don't remember. maybe you're underleveled. i think he was a higher level than the rest of my party, but not much that higher. whatever, being underleveled is good in rpgs cause then everything is harder.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
1 is better imo. Came out at a time when there was a drought in terms of good rpgs. Fun to pick up and play, not too long, spawned a great sequel, etc.

Gotta love it.

idea

Smash Master
acidile - i think vagrant story fits that description, but i've never really played it myself.

anyone need a team mate for pund5
probably.

no offense to nick, but i'm also wondering who else is going. i mean, there are 4 people busing and 5 in a car, so someone is missing a teammate. (is that me lol)

Geist

Smash Master
unfortunately I have played these, as well as most other popular games lol. Anyone know something a little lesser known?
How about Mass Effect (1 and 2) or Persona 4?
They're not really 'lesser known' but an inappropriately small amount of people have played them.

idea

Smash Master
oh yeah, dylan, you can confirm me for pound =)

can i use your/someone else's credit card to register, and then pay you/them back immediately? please and thanks.

----------------------------------

so...riddlebox, nick and i don't have teammates? who else is going?

like teammates aside. who is still going? i'm curious.

Ministry

Smash Ace
ico(p2)
shadow of the colosus(ps2)
grandia 3(ps2)
darksiders(ps3)
demon souls(ps3)
kirby superstars 8 games in 1 (if u can find it snes)
operation winback (64)
Monkey island(pc)
battle toads double dragon(snes)

il post more later, if u want specific genre or system let me know.

those are all good games

Acidile

Smash Journeyman
ico(p2)
shadow of the colosus(ps2)
grandia 3(ps2)
darksiders(ps3)
demon souls(ps3)
kirby superstars 8 games in 1 (if u can find it snes)
operation winback (64)
Monkey island(pc)
battle toads double dragon(snes)

il post more later, if u want specific genre or system let me know.

those are all good games
I just want a game with lots of cutscenes.

Top Bottom