• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

tect

Smash Journeyman
I thought I saw something posted last week about it, but I guess that no one from Toronto is going to Ottawa tomorrow?

Pogogo

Smash Journeyman
Come to my smashfest and we'll play. It should be saturday Feb 26th. Again anyone who is interested can check the Canada boards. Otherwise I'm in Kingston for school until the summer.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
ATTENTION BERNARD, RYAN, IMADH, DAVID, AND WHO IT MAY CONCERN:

registration for Pound V ends monday night the 1st of Feb. you;re names aren't on the most updated list. Get on that sheeet.

unknown522

Some guy
i don't remember. maybe you're underleveled. i think he was a higher level than the rest of my party, but not much that higher. whatever, being underleveled is good in rpgs cause then everything is harder.
alright.

Damn, after I got issac's party, they were like 3-4 levels lower than my party. I think I was too under leveled in the first one or something. Now I'm in the mars lighthouse. I got the teleport lapis, and am missing 3 Djinni (assuming there's 18 for each element). After getting Issac's group, they game has gotten a little too broken. Paladin class for issac/garet/jenna/felix is so incredibly gay. And pure mage for the others is ridiculous. I don't see a point in ivan/Sheba? In the game. Their stats are bad and everyone can do what they do, but better.

so my permanent team is: Issac, Felix, Piers, Mia. I could put garet instead of piers but meh.

1 is better imo. Came out at a time when there was a drought in terms of good rpgs. Fun to pick up and play, not too long, spawned a great sequel, etc.

Gotta love it.
yeah. Damn, I was in grade 6 when this came out. Good times.

unfortunately I have played these, as well as most other popular games lol. Anyone know something a little lesser known?
Indigo Prophecy for 360. I remember watching noah play that a few years back.

To anyone in this thread who appreciates oldschool platforming hardcore action, you need to get your hands on Super Meat Boy as soon as you can. Its THE best platformer, and has countless replay value plus nostalgic reference value.

If I could designate the game that gamers would have to play to decide whether or not they were good at games, the standardized test would always be Super Meat Boy.
I will download it. I heard some stuff about this game.

edit: Yo kyle, I just got a 500GB external hard drive. The next time I come over, can I take your cowboy bebop episodes?

Windrose

Smash Lord
edit: Yo kyle, I just got a 500GB external hard drive. The next time I come over, can I take your cowboy bebop episodes?
That was a beautiful anime. You might also like samurai champloo if you liked cowboy bebop. Same creators.

Pogogo

Smash Journeyman
Videos of Winners finals of winter gamefest up on stabbedbyahippie youtube channel. O.O.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
i dont get the hype behind cowboy bebop.

i've had the entire series for years but just don't care to finish it because all the episodes are really disconnected in terms of plot i just don't care lol

but the music *****.

idea

Smash Master
Damn, after I got issac's party, they were like 3-4 levels lower than my party. I think I was too under leveled in the first one or something. Now I'm in the mars lighthouse. I got the teleport lapis, and am missing 3 Djinni (assuming there's 18 for each element). After getting Issac's group, they game has gotten a little too broken. Paladin class for issac/garet/jenna/felix is so incredibly gay. And pure mage for the others is ridiculous. I don't see a point in ivan/Sheba? In the game. Their stats are bad and everyone can do what they do, but better.

lol isaac + felix is so broken. also i think ivan and sheba are still useful for things, but i don't remember why offhand. the jupiter (jupiter=wind right?) characters always seemed a little underpowered.

i dont get the hype behind cowboy bebop.

i've had the entire series for years but just don't care to finish it because all the episodes are really disconnected in terms of plot i just don't care lol

but the music *****.
i agree. sort of. that's how i felt the first time watching it. i was disappointed that the plot was so disconnected. and my favourite episodes are still mostly the plot-driven ones. looking back, though, i can appreciate it more for its overall style now that i know what to expect. if you watch it without assuming that every episode is going to have important plot points, you end up just thinking "this is stylish as ****."

no one ever says anything bad about the music though ;)

idea

Smash Master
alright so, for pound teams...who still needs a teammate? is it an uneven number?

are nick and james teaming? one of you quoted the other but i don't remember what the result was <_<

i wanna work this out soon...both so no one gets left without a teammate, and so i can start asking people in the pound thread in case i end up without one.

Top Bottom