• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

Gichan

Smash Champion
yhea but come on, there's a ****ing difference. They were outnumbered ridiculously and still got camped, that does seem a bit cowardly.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
I think Sparta is a pretty cool guy, eh fights outnumbered ~3000 to 1 and he doesn't afraid of anything.

idea

Smash Master
woow...some guys just came up to me to talk to me while i was sitting around at york (usually this is for surveys or stuff like that)...and i said i was busy, and as they were leaving, the guy was like, i just wanna say i think jesus is our lord and saviour....and something about if i don't believe in him i'll face the wrath of god. the weird thing is he was really friendly while saying that. like isn't that a threat? lol

edit: another two people! one of them was holding a bible. this time i just said i didn't want to talk about anything and that two other people came to talk to me a second ago.

ugh, i guess i have to find somewhere else to hang out between classes.

Gichan

Smash Champion
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=291911

Just reminding you guys (and will be periodically) of the next tournament that includes melee. I understand that it is during pound 5 so this mostly applies to those who cannot afford/cannot attend Pound 5 and have an alternate solution to releasing your fiends. It's looking strong and there are other games to play if you get enough of melee.

unknown522

Some guy
MvC seems so interesting lmao
I totally want to pick up the 3rd one. Does anybody know if it's going to be Brawlified from the 2nd one? :/
I honestly know nothing about it.
it probably will be. I've heard dumb things about it and how/why the game is made much easier.

woow...some guys just came up to me to talk to me while i was sitting around at york (usually this is for surveys or stuff like that)...and i said i was busy, and as they were leaving, the guy was like, i just wanna say i think jesus is our lord and saviour....and something about if i don't believe in him i'll face the wrath of god. the weird thing is he was really friendly while saying that. like isn't that a threat? lol

edit: another two people! one of them was holding a bible. this time i just said i didn't want to talk about anything and that two other people came to talk to me a second ago.

ugh, i guess i have to find somewhere else to hang out between classes.
born again christians FTL. I've seen/had this happen a bunch of times.

idea

Smash Master
yeah, that reminds me, any car spots open up yet for pound?

what bothers me most is that both of them approached someone looking at his laptop and wearing headphones. clearly i am busy with something. i mean, i don't walk up to people at random and start telling them about evolution. if i care even slightly about anything at all, i'll look into it myself.

tect

Smash Journeyman
nah, they didn't have those, so it was like...hummus+vegetables. not bad, but kind of insufficiently filling for a meal.

we have two full cars going to pound, so 10 people. if anyone drops out there are one or two people on the waiting list ahead of me, followed by me. so...almost certainly 10 people from toronto. if montreal goes at all they tend to do things separately.
I was just curious, I booked my flight days ago. 10 people good ****

unknown522

Some guy
its Stos

Kyle, I may stop by.

Anyone need controllers? Selling for 15
I have to check the controller. I stand at a maybe.

are they new and official nintendo brand?

actually kyle i never asked what kind of condition is the one you have for me in?
most of them are pretty good. Can't lie. They're just not my type of controller.

I was just curious, I booked my flight days ago. 10 people good ****
that sucks you have to fly there.

idea

Smash Master
are they new and official nintendo brand?

actually kyle i never asked what kind of condition is the one you have for me in?
pretty good, actually. it just felt like it needed to loosen up a little. but it might be fine already, since in prefer higher sensitivity in controllers than most people. are you gonna come pick it up finally? =P

of course. dogg. I got a black and a silver one.

Are you going to Kyles tomorrow?
oh hai stos. what have you been up to?

whoever's copy of melee i still have, they can have it back if they want. i have a burned dvd version now.

I have to check the controller. I stand at a maybe.
you need it the most though =( you're kind of like me, in that a bad controller makes more of a difference to you than most people. except with me it's mostly just the joystick and with you it's like everything.

the opposite archetype is vwins. i let him borrow one of my spare controllers at random at starfurry 5, and he got second, losing in GFs to bernard. i don't even think it was the good one.

Bing

Smash Master
eh... you can find new non-nintendo controllers anywhere, somebody made an after market one thats the exact same... im using two of those right now lol so if anyone wants one of those but cant find one let me know... they sell them at a store around the corner from me

On another note I will not be attending spoken about smashfest. Wish I could go guys, I could really use more HUMAN practice. It would be nice if more were held in the week/friday

idea

Smash Master
LOL i just invented the best thing, but it probably doesn't work on real people. pick falco against lv. 1 fox. run up to him and shine, then JC upsmash right away, and release it after charging for a while. for some reason it makes me laugh so much.

bing, they're usually on saturdays or sundays just cause most people are busy at varying times during the week. and i can't host on weekdays anyway cause my mom has work the next morning and needs sleep for that. in theory that would leave fridays open, but then that's the first night of the week where she'll be able to relax, and having a smashfest in your house is not relaxing.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
of course. dogg. I got a black and a silver one.

Are you going to Kyles tomorrow?
nah just asking.

pretty good, actually. it just felt like it needed to loosen up a little. but it might be fine already, since in prefer higher sensitivity in controllers than most people. are you gonna come pick it up finally? =P
give it to kurtis if he comes over by you today, i'l ltext him and tell him to give u the cashola

Sanu

Smash Champion
yeah you do. you lost your copy a while back and i had an extra lying around so i gave it to you

then we took it to rochester and someone stole it

sucksss

idea

Smash Master
oh lol really? i thought that was my own that i lost. meh. how much do i owe you then? (what's a used copy of melee worth basically)

Bing

Smash Master
Used melee games sell for like 30$ still lol

but uhh, I know, just I like spending time with my girlfriend and and were only off on the weekends but yeah, ill still come on weekends and obviously weekdays are ****ty and all.

Pogogo

Smash Journeyman
Ive been playing a lot of pokemon online. Thanks ryan for the link. My name is Iruncursebidoof so msg me if anyone is on.

idea

Smash Master
kurtis and ryan are speedrunning OOT, and ryan did this ridiculous backflip. he actually backflipped forward. it looked amazing. the camera was on a side view too so it looked even better.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
To anyone in this thread who appreciates oldschool platforming hardcore action, you need to get your hands on Super Meat Boy as soon as you can. Its THE best platformer, and has countless replay value plus nostalgic reference value.

If I could designate the game that gamers would have to play to decide whether or not they were good at games, the standardized test would always be Super Meat Boy.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
LOL i just invented the best thing, but it probably doesn't work on real people. pick falco against lv. 1 fox. run up to him and shine, then JC upsmash right away, and release it after charging for a while. for some reason it makes me laugh so much.

bing, they're usually on saturdays or sundays just cause most people are busy at varying times during the week. and i can't host on weekdays anyway cause my mom has work the next morning and needs sleep for that. in theory that would leave fridays open, but then that's the first night of the week where she'll be able to relax, and having a smashfest in your house is not relaxing.
Shine JC U-smash is old.

Ryan showed me that in like 2007 or something.

It *is* hilarious, however.

idea

Smash Master
did any of the people here take a white ipod with them by accident? it was on the table with my mom's computer and now we can't find it. (not accusing anyone of stealing, but maybe someone took it by accident or something)

if so, we definitely need that back, it actually belongs to brendan.

idea

Smash Master
http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/8...ium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+80beats+(80beats)

pretty interesting. basically the point is that people who are really good at things use their intuition (as well as other things) whereas people who aren't do not.

i see this all the time in smash. when a good person plays a bad person and calls them on all their moves, and the bad person is like "how did you know what i was going to do?"...the good person usually doesn't know either. (half the time it's just "oh, you rolled in from the edge again," but you get the idea)

or when you two people are waiting in shield and they both act at exactly the same time.

Top Bottom