• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

Windrose

Smash Lord
If something is happening this saturday I will come back to toronto and attend the smashfest, else if, stay in hamilton.

sauc3

Smash Lord
yo kyle, how does one practice with jigglypuff?

im finding it hard to play her at all against cpus or in training, does she even need practice?

idea

Smash Master
lol, you CAN practice, but i usually get bored after a few matches and switch to practicing falco or something =P

practice things like difficult timings or edgecanceling...or other unnecessary stuff. force yourself to do like, reverse fair in the middle of a combo. every now and then i find myself in a tournament situation in which reverse fair is the best choice. (it's weak but faster than nair, so you can use it to extend combos in the air)

and things like...just play against fox and use nair a lot with different timings. sometimes you have to let it autocancel, and other times you have to l-cancel it, and if you fastfall all of a sudden then you have to remember to l-cancel that too...if you just do that a lot your brain will probably get used to it.

and you always say you have trouble edgecanceling with her, so might as well work on that.

once you get bored of that, master moonwalking with falcon.

idea

Smash Master
HOLY **** the backup launcher screen came up! that's never happened before! lol

and now i know why, it's cause it was trying to start up using ios 249, but when i updated the system menu however long ago nintendo nuked my ios249.

edit: alright, the problem now is that neither backup launcher 0.2 nor neogamma will read my dvd. this is fine because it's not a verbatim one. anyone wanna bring me...2 verbatim dvds, on saturday? and i'll buy them off you for slightly more than you paid for them.

edit 2: either way, someone please bring a burned melee disc for me to try. i wanna make sure it's just my dvds that are the problem.

edit 3: tried the better burned disc and it worked :cool::bee::lol::joyful::jigglypuff:

brb playing skies of arcadia legends all day

--------ryan: mios yes, ages ago, that was easy...cios was the part that nintendo made very difficult for me and took me three days to figure out.

editeditedit: why is everything so BLUE at the start? i thought i had a bad iso for a minute, but the intro scenes on youtube look the same.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
i'd be paralyzed with nerves if i wa splayign for $15,000

i wouldnt be able to move

edit: lol so im watching the first match, the one guy gets death combo'd on his first char and the commentators say "ok the match is over, clockwork lost round one" despite having 2 chars left lolol. MvC2 is serious business. games are decided within the first 10 seconds lmfao

Gichan

Smash Champion
So Idea, is it fine to tell mah homies of your smashfest? Could you PM me (or post, whatever) your address and what time they can come? I think they'll be able to bring a tv, I'll ask one of them today.

idea

Smash Master
bernard wants to come apparently. We're supposed to chill tmrw, then go there.

what time?
What time is it this saturday?
1:00 PM

david posting

I can't go this saturday

See you guys another time lolol
you can't even come really late? =(

lol kyle, have fun with random battles
there do seem to be a lot of them <_< at least they're not monotonous. what with the special moves and guessing their elemental weaknesses. and the high running away success rate.

idea

Smash Master
aw. okay...

well...my wii also runs burned wii games. just...not optimally. i got dokapon kingdom to start, it was running fine, then it froze when the monsters started appearing in the towns. however, 1. not a verbatim dvd, 2. if it's dual-layer i think there's a known problem with the cios i'm using, 3. the cios i'm using is supposed to be better for just gamecube games anyway, and i have another one that's better for wii games too that i don't want to bother with until i beat skies of arcadia legends.

Windrose

Smash Lord
Alrighty, I think i'll come. I want to try that Mediterranean place again. The flavor was addictive!

idea

Smash Master
nah, they didn't have those, so it was like...hummus+vegetables. not bad, but kind of insufficiently filling for a meal.

we have two full cars going to pound, so 10 people. if anyone drops out there are one or two people on the waiting list ahead of me, followed by me. so...almost certainly 10 people from toronto. if montreal goes at all they tend to do things separately.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
dang, in the middle of exams, can't make it saturday.

however, im done school on wednesday. so i'll be dts all day every day for 7 months :)

unknown522

Some guy
aw. okay...

well...my wii also runs burned wii games. just...not optimally. i got dokapon kingdom to start, it was running fine, then it froze when the monsters started appearing in the towns. however, 1. not a verbatim dvd, 2. if it's dual-layer i think there's a known problem with the cios i'm using, 3. the cios i'm using is supposed to be better for just gamecube games anyway, and i have another one that's better for wii games too that i don't want to bother with until i beat skies of arcadia legends.
use this:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KPGM8BG2

copy+paste: Simply rename the file inside to "boot.dol", stick it in a folder, then stick the folder in the "apps" section of your SD Card you use for Homebrew on the Wii.

[ HOW TO INSTALL IT ]:
WAD Installation:
- Copy the WAD file of the IOS to be used as base to the root directory of a storage device (SD card or USB device).
- Insert the storage device in your Wii.
- Run the installer.
- Select the IOS version to use as base (default option recommended).
- Select "WAD Installation".
- Select the storage device where you copied the WAD file.

Network Installation:
- Run the installer.
- Select the IOS version to use as base (default option recommended).
- Select "Network Installation".

idea

Smash Master
alright, news about saturday. i checked with both parents and they said it's okay. BUT. they also said that it has been bad for taffy whenever people have stayed over, because we are in the main living room until really late at night, with the lights on and whatnot. and she usually sleeps on that couch.

since she's really old, and has been sick numerous times, it's just bad for her (more so than i realized) if we're in that room the whole night. solution: we just move somewhere else once it gets late.

if there are few enough people, it'll be easy to move into the basement or my room. or both. noise isn't really a problem...well, not more so than usual...it's more that she needs to have that room to herself. it probably seems kind of weird, but uh, that's the situation.

because of this, i'd rather there were fewer people staying over, since we'll have one less couch and pretty much the only sleeping space left is the basement. i mean, chances are there'll be enough room for everyone who does want to stay, but just not too many, okay? 10 people wouldn't fit down there comfortably. 5 would. somewhere around there.

(and there's no limit on people coming over in general.)

oh, also, we can still use that room during the day and part of the night. i'll have to ask my parents when taffy usually goes to sleep, they would know better. i'm guessing we'd have to move at around 11:00 PM.

use this:
lol, thanks ryan, but i don't know what cios that is. i'm pretty sure that's a cios installer, but i don't know for which cios. and i already have one installed. that one would have to be superior in terms of playing wii games. and i already have a superior one i haven't bothered with yet...

yo kyle i may end up showin up late on sat after the brawlololol tourney,

i want my controller back so badly
1. i didn't know you still played brawl. if you lose early, consider just coming over here at that point =P i'm sure it'll be more fun than WATCHING brawl.
2. i also didn't know i have your controller. that doesn't sound familiar. wanna describe it?

unknown522

Some guy
alright, news about saturday. i checked with both parents and they said it's okay. BUT. they also said that it has been bad for taffy whenever people have stayed over, because we are in the main living room until really late at night, with the lights on and whatnot. and she usually sleeps on that couch.

since she's really old, and has been sick numerous times, it's just bad for her (more so than i realized) if we're in that room the whole night. solution: we just move somewhere else once it gets late.

if there are few enough people, it'll be easy to move into the basement or my room. or both. noise isn't really a problem...well, not more so than usual...it's more that she needs to have that room to herself. it probably seems kind of weird, but uh, that's the situation.

because of this, i'd rather there were fewer people staying over, since we'll have one less couch and pretty much the only sleeping space left is the basement. i mean, chances are there'll be enough room for everyone who does want to stay, but just not too many, okay? 10 people wouldn't fit down there comfortably. 5 would. somewhere around there.

(and there's no limit on people coming over in general.)

oh, also, we can still use that room during the day and part of the night. i'll have to ask my parents when taffy usually goes to sleep, they would know better. i'm guessing we'd have to move at around 11:00 PM.
k

lol, thanks ryan, but i don't know what cios that is. i'm pretty sure that's a cios installer, but i don't know for which cios. and i already have one installed. that one would have to be superior in terms of playing wii games. and i already have a superior one i haven't bothered with yet...
I'll check what you have on your wii and try to help you out when I get there.

edit: wow, I 6-0'd some guy in pokemon with heatran........

and now 6-0'd someone with swords dance scizor.

edit 2:
i'd be paralyzed with nerves if i wa splayign for $15,000

i wouldnt be able to move

edit: lol so im watching the first match, the one guy gets death combo'd on his first char and the commentators say "ok the match is over, clockwork lost round one" despite having 2 chars left lolol. MvC2 is serious business. games are decided within the first 10 seconds lmfao
yeah, for clockwork's case, it's because his team revolves around locking down characters with strider and using doom's assist. If he loses one of those 2 chars early and doesn't take out at least the opponent's storm or sentinal (or do massive damage to both), he auto-loses the match because the team strategy falls apart. (unless the opponent ****s up hard, or isn't using top tiers). But for neo case, he's using pretty much all top tiers so his 2 characters can hold their own without much assist help (though cyclops/captain commando is used strictly for assists, and building meter I guess <_<).

That game is mad technical and unbelievably gay. An even matchup can turn to 10-0 in like 10 seconds.

idea

Smash Master
okay, instead of 11:00, it's probably more like 6:00 or 7:00 when we have to move. i don't think anyone really cares, as long as there are enough tvs. it depends on how many people show up, though. i guess i'll play it by ear a bit.

I'll check what you have on your wii and try to help you out when I get there.
okay, thanks. i'll listen but i won't change anything yet, because it's finally working and i just want to play at least one game before i change the settings.

Geist

Smash Master
MvC seems so interesting lmao
I totally want to pick up the 3rd one. Does anybody know if it's going to be Brawlified from the 2nd one? :/
I honestly know nothing about it.

idea

Smash Master
watching 300 in filming literature class. it occurred to me that the spartans basically won with massive camping. they took persia to a stage with walls, then stood there with their long spears going "come get me lol"

then when persia projectile camped them back they were all "damn those persian cowards!"

edit: ryan, or someone, see if you can bring a tri-wing. i wanna take the rumble pack out of my purple controller.

Top Bottom