• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

Izek

Smash Cadet
yep dw bout it and i think me and reis did pretty good for our first time teaming and our first tournament :D. GGs to all

Gichan

Smash Champion
Oh yeah, I'll be checking in here from time to time but if one of you guys could drop me a VM or PM about any upcoming casuals so I can notify mah homeboys.

Four of them came to the tournament, with two or three more who play, but they were damn inspired by the tournament and reeallyy want to improve. I told them that you guys hold casuals here and there and they were very interested.

And one of them really appreciated the help raynex, he's the falco of the group.

Anyways, thanks. I'll check for more if that 22nd casuals is happening.

On that note, if it doesn't go down at Idea's house, you guys are more than welcome to come to TFNS to have a melee section. It is also on the 22nd, I always have at least one station so yeah.

EDIT: on that note, if one of you guys can bring a tv that would be great. My friends will bring one to. Unlike you guys with 11 tvs (beastly), we're looking on doing 50+ with 7 tvs...so the help would be great.

idea

Smash Master
cool, i'll be sure to come to the next joint tournament thing you host =) if not "TFNS."

lol, one time people brought so many tvs to my house (for a casual smashfest) that more than one went unused the whole time. there just wasn't any space left.

Rikana

Smash Champion
is anything going on next saturday (22nd)? i was thinking of hosting. i have a feeling i'm already busy, or something, but if not, i don't see why not.
Might be able to come if its on. Gotta see what comes up as well as the date draws closer.

Odessa

Smash Cadet
Gi, it was a great tournament. I'd definitely attend an event hosted by you again. <3

Izek and Reis live down the street from me.

Mississauga represent! Brap.

Geist

Smash Master
Hey you guys, did Camilo move to Chile and become the #1 ranked player in a national? Or is that just a coincidence that their #1 player is also called Weon X
If so LOL
So legit

idea

Smash Master
wow, i just noticed this...

Falco
Falcon
Fox

those are the three Fastest characters. they're basically the only FastFallers. no other characters' names start with F.

Geist

Smash Master
Well it's just that I saw this in another thread :l
Now I'm confused
Gonzalo Barrios said:
Hello, i'm from chile.

First of all, "Dark" it's not a top player, he has never been a top player.

He has not even won a tournament yet! He's just a really technically skilled guy with fox, Star won nationals 2008 and Ghost nationals 2009! (melee)

In 2011 (now) Weon X is the top melee player, winning the melee nationals, And IM the top player in brawl (winning both the singles and doubles in the 2011 brawl nationals)

My gamertag is ZeRo.

Just some information from chile and keep up the good work dude!
(via PM)

Geist

Smash Master
That one underrated and foreign players thread, about good players no one knows about. Everyone was talking about dark, but apparently he's not that good lol

Roche_CL

Smash Journeyman
Ministry posting.

Zero thinks his fox is better then m2ks so i dont know how much u wana bielive him.

i played dark. he is ****.

Geist

Smash Master
4 might be DrPP, not even gonna lie.
I'd say he or lucky could have interchangable spots
I also don't know how good Calle W or Zgetto is compared to them :l

idea

Smash Master
next time people are at my house, i'll give anyone $10 who can get my wii to run pirated gamecube games.

unless i figure it out beforehand. but i've been pretty unsuccessful so far. part of the problem is that i have system menu 4.2U which means i have to make the IOS able to run pirated things again, but the pirate-capable-making thing, is giving me an error, which normally means that you need to run the pirate-capable-making thing. like halfway through the process it gives me the error that is usually solved by the completion of that process itself. ...

edit: ALSO does anyone own Skies of Arcadia Legends for gamecube? i wanna play it.

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
next time people are at my house, i'll give anyone $10 who can get my wii to run pirated gamecube games.

unless i figure it out beforehand. but i've been pretty unsuccessful so far. part of the problem is that i have system menu 4.2U which means i have to make the IOS able to run pirated things again, but the pirate-capable-making thing, is giving me an error, which normally means that you need to run the pirate-capable-making thing. like halfway through the process it gives me the error that is usually solved by the completion of that process itself. ...

edit: ALSO does anyone own Skies of Arcadia Legends for gamecube? i wanna play it.
i thought wii couldn't play pirated gc games... or was that the usb loader not being able to load gc games?

or are you talking about gc games on a dvd? lol

usually to patch these annoying errors requires too many cIOS's =(

idea

Smash Master
i did mean on a dvd. i wouldn't be surprised if you can run gc isos off a usb though.

as far as i can tell the trucha bug restorer doesn't work on system menu 4.2U and i should be using cboot. i can't install cIOS because updating to 4.2U removed the trucha bug i would have had before. or at least i think that's how it works.

unrelatedly, i now have bootmii working when the wii starts, but it doesn't load homebrew channel for some reason. but then i have an old version of homebrew channel (which i don't want to upgrade till everything else is working) so it might just be that.

i've learned so many technical terms in the last 2 days >:|

idea

Smash Master
i think...i managed to install...cios36v3607, and cios56v5661...but it's been so long that i don't remember why i wanted to install a cios in the first place. LOL

sauc3

Smash Lord
i did mean on a dvd. i wouldn't be surprised if you can run gc isos off a usb though.

as far as i can tell the trucha bug restorer doesn't work on system menu 4.2U and i should be using cboot. i can't install cIOS because updating to 4.2U removed the trucha bug i would have had before. or at least i think that's how it works.

unrelatedly, i now have bootmii working when the wii starts, but it doesn't load homebrew channel for some reason. but then i have an old version of homebrew channel (which i don't want to upgrade till everything else is working) so it might just be that.

i've learned so many technical terms in the last 2 days >:|
the wii cannot play gc games off of anything BUT discs, reason is because it enters GC mode and shuts down all the wii accessories (USB, SD etc), so as of now you cant load them any way other than the disc drive.

as for the drive, there are many tutorials to get it so that you wii can TECHNICALLY play gc backups, however some wiis simply cannot play them if they are too new. Also really old, tired wii's have trouble reading the discs because they are old and tired (like mine).

you wii needs to be juuuuuust right to read those *****es. next time im over if noones set it up ill do it np, but no guarantees it will work.

idea

Smash Master
the wii cannot play gc games off of anything BUT discs, reason is because it enters GC mode and shuts down all the wii accessories (USB, SD etc), so as of now you cant load them any way other than the disc drive.

as for the drive, there are many tutorials to get it so that you wii can TECHNICALLY play gc backups, however some wiis simply cannot play them if they are too new. Also really old, tired wii's have trouble reading the discs because they are old and tired (like mine).

you wii needs to be juuuuuust right to read those *****es. next time im over if noones set it up ill do it np, but no guarantees it will work.
okay, thanks =)

anyway, i seem to have done something right. not working but...closer.

i intend to spam this board until i have it working, by the way <_<

edit: that's enough for today. i seem to now be at the point i wanted to be a day and a half ago.

Gichan

Smash Champion
Yo Idea, is your casual going down sat? If it is I'd like to notify the newcomers about it cause they are itching for a smashfest.

idea

Smash Master
i dunno, is it guys? i'm not gonna host if there's little to no expressed interest.

i also won't if i'm still sick (how do i keep getting sick =/) but i don't really expect to still be sick several days from now.

Top Bottom