• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

Windrose

Smash Lord
Is nurgle a person you're speaking to or is it an expression and that we are all invited?

idea

Smash Master
ITS A MONZAEMON MAN DONT **** WITH IT

you gotta watch out for its Hearts Attack and Silence Hug
what's weird is, i knew it was monzaemon, but i remember a discussion on here a long time ago when someone told me it wasn't. so i didn't say that. but i so barely remember that discussion, i don't know why i give it any credit.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=295448

we are now having melee singles and doubles!
brawl is guaranteed minimum pot, melee isn't :(
dude, you guys have weird rules!

"Super Smash Brothers Melee (GC) $5 entry
* Round robin pool play followed by double elimination brackets
* 3 stock 2 out of 3 games per match
* 3 stock 3 out of 5 games per semi final/finals match

Super Smash Brothers Melee 2v2 (GC) $20 per team
* 3 stock 2 out of 3 games per match
* 3 stock 3 out of 5 games per semi final/finals match"

- $5 for singles but $20 for doubles
- 3 stocks instead of 4? what? lol

on the other hand...

buenob said:
* Alcohol will be sold at the venue (LLBO Licensed)

Phiddlesticks

Smash Lord
what's weird is, i knew it was monzaemon, but i remember a discussion on here a long time ago when someone told me it wasn't. so i didn't say that. but i so barely remember that discussion, i don't know why i give it any credit.
that mightve been me when everyone was using disney avatars and i claimed monzaemon was the main villain of toy story 3

Bing

Smash Master
Hey, if anyone smashes at humber college plz give me a shout.
Otherwise I'll just be in brampton and stuff.
Yo, I live down the street from Humber... North Campus that is.

Give me a shout eh?

Btw Anyone wanna do teams with meh? Give me a text/phone call(prefer text)

(905) 941-1907

I cant get on a computer really, and I know this is really last minute but yeah...

Roche_CL

Smash Journeyman
Ministry Posting.

David, im haing a lot of trouble getting the grab on smart laser campy falcos, if i nair over they sheild then **** me.

also darks fox is really really technical-

edit, hi everyone

idea

Smash Master
so how was the tournament?

nick, i might not know what i'm talking about, but...try powershielding the lasers then grabbing the falco while they're still kind of surprised. other than that...wavedash back?

Roche_CL

Smash Journeyman
that does work, but it has to be consistant.
iv tryed so man things vs falco its so hard to get the grab vs technical falcos

tournament was good.

i got round 1
puff
round2
puff
round 3
best ice climbers in chile
losers bracket first round
puff

fun tourny

unknown522

Some guy
36 entrants? - $300 pot (stuff happened with the venue fee and people not entering and stuff, so I think Gichan gave $20 out of his pocket :()

1. raynex - $112.50 (didn't lose a set)
2. unknown522 - $112.50 (lost to bernard twice)
3. sauc3 - $60 (lost to me twice)
4. summonedfist - $30 (lost to me in WSF and kurtis in LSF)
5. zen (lost to bernard in WSF and kurtis in LQF) /raiza (lost to bernard in WQF and jack in LQF)
7. guru (lost to someone in winners and kurtis in losers) /sanuzi (lost to jack? in winners and raiza in losers)

9 teams - $180 pot

1. RaynFord - $102 (lost to 2nd place in WF, then won GF)
2. sauc3 + jpobs - $51? (lost to us in GF)
3. raiza + ? [starts with an "I"] - $27? (lost to 2nd place in winners and us in LFs)
4. sanuzi + summonedfist (probably lost to 2nd place in winners lost to 3rd place in losers)

idea

Smash Master
yooo i could have come third!

...i mean, good **** sauc3 =D lol kidding ^

edit: wait, so after saying he was already at the venue weeks before the tourney started, imadh didn't end up going?

Gichan

Smash Champion
36 entrants? - $300 pot (stuff happened with the venue fee and people not entering and stuff, so I think Gichan gave $20 out of his pocket :()

5. zen (lost to bernard in WSF and kurtis in LQF) /raiza (lost to bernard in WQF and jack in LQF)
7. guru (lost to someone in winners and kurtis in losers) /sanuzi (lost to jack? in winners and raiza in losers)

9 teams - $180 pot

3. raiza + ? [starts with an "I"] - $27? (lost to 2nd place in winners and us in LFs)
4. sanuzi + summonedfist (probably lost to 2nd place in winners lost to 3rd place in losers)
Reasons for pot:

1. I might have miscalculated for venue, gave him $20 extra or so
2. Someone kept flaking and then entering. "I gotta go", "Nevermind, I'll play" "Actually I gotta go".
3. Marik got ****ed over really hard cause someone assumed he was not around so skipped him and played his next match. Sanuzi and I felt like **** about this mistake (we didn't touch it, nor did the player) so we decided to refund him.
4. TO don't pay cause he does his work (no waahs, we paid venue though and I didn't enter singles so pretty much just $10 off).
5. I refunded the two players and marik with my own money hoping that I'd get it back from the pot ($30) but by then the pot was just too small and I'm like this is ****ed so I decided to just leave it so the pot could have been at least $300.

Once again I apologize I have never ****ed up like that, at least not that hard. Last time there was a mistake it was $10 off lol, this time was just stupid

JPOBS

Smash Hero
whats up with people and not entering, especially doubles? thats wack as hell.

not talking about imadh he was late obvi, i mean people who legit were there from like 10am and just didnt wanna enter. lame-os.

tect

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys,

So for Pound 5, I was wondering if there were any cars going down that may have an extra spot. Obvs, I would pitch in for gas, but heads-up I don't have a license. If there are any spots or developments, please PM me or facebook me. Oh, and I'll get to wherever you guys are leaving from since ktown is a detour.

t.o. is hella tight

Riddlebox

Smash Journeyman

edit: wait, so after saying he was already at the venue weeks before the tourney started, imadh didn't end up going?
*sauc3 posting*

:D

i feel dirty tho, i went all puff, if u were there we would have had some sweet *** puff dittos.

i got ***** hard by ryan both times, i really wanna go sheik or marth for fawks, but i always end up goin puff, je suis dumb

unknown522

Some guy
Reasons for pot:

1. I might have miscalculated for venue, gave him $20 extra or so
2. Someone kept flaking and then entering. "I gotta go", "Nevermind, I'll play" "Actually I gotta go".
3. Marik got ****ed over really hard cause someone assumed he was not around so skipped him and played his next match. Sanuzi and I felt like **** about this mistake (we didn't touch it, nor did the player) so we decided to refund him.
4. TO don't pay cause he does his work (no waahs, we paid venue though and I didn't enter singles so pretty much just $10 off).
5. I refunded the two players and marik with my own money hoping that I'd get it back from the pot ($30) but by then the pot was just too small and I'm like this is ****ed so I decided to just leave it so the pot could have been at least $300.

Once again I apologize I have never ****ed up like that, at least not that hard. Last time there was a mistake it was $10 off lol, this time was just stupid
don't worry about it. There's no need to apologize.

basically, what happened is that afro flopped, so imadh didn't have a ride and didn't know where the venue was. So he came at like 6:00 almost and was pissed off, so he didn't enter.

Izek

Smash Cadet

9 teams - $180 pot

lol its reis but i guess they spelled it wrong lol and uhh the other is Izek aka me and i swear our team name was sauga rep lol

idea

Smash Master
is anything going on next saturday (22nd)? i was thinking of hosting. i have a feeling i'm already busy, or something, but if not, i don't see why not.

basically, what happened is that afro flopped, so imadh didn't have a ride and didn't know where the venue was. So he came at like 6:00 almost and was pissed off, so he didn't enter.
ah, that makes more sense. wow, i haven't seen afro in like half a year.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
*sauc3 posting*

:D

i feel dirty tho, i went all puff, if u were there we would have had some sweet *** puff dittos.

i got ***** hard by ryan both times, i really wanna go sheik or marth for fawks, but i always end up goin puff, je suis dumb
stop being afraid.

edit: on second thought, our entire community sucks vs puff, so why bother switching. everyone is like "omg puff wut do i do....*fails* *rage*"

we've been over this a thousand times tho so whatever lawl

Riddlebox

Smash Journeyman
Homeeee, I'll upload what I can over the next few days...the files are pretty big so give it time. They'll be uploaded to Mysterysauc3 account on youtube. Fun tourney guys =) hopefully we have another dry-spell of 2-3 weeks before seeing each other again. GURU you're so mine next time =(.

Sanu

Smash Champion
i don't think pissed off is the word ryan, he just had to deal with some issues.

Top Bottom