• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

Afro_Chris

Smash Ace
Come to my house so you know where it is for the biweeklies
also because I'm a lazy **** but hhahhahaha disregard this

EDIT: no srsly. I has recording and good food.

hags, uh...none of us play Brawl here. Sorry to have gotten your hopes up. Try the uh, other...Brawl thing...I'm sorry, I'm of no use. There are Brawlers but they kind of ignore this thread most of the time.
were was this recording stuff durning the tourny..

Slipsystem13

Smash Cadet
Dammit, oh well. So what do you do Melee. I wouldn't mind sharpening my Young Link skills once more

Just A Frog

Smash Cadet
Come to my house so you know where it is for the biweeklies
also because I'm a lazy **** but hhahhahaha disregard this

EDIT: no srsly. I has recording and good food.
i like this idea, and not just because of the food (<3 food) i could probably bring a wii and melee =o

unknown522

Some guy
haha, 0 posts. stupid social thread. ...there's no chance you're a girl, is there? we don't have any off those =(

ryan - currently watching that crew battle. everyone looks different. you look like you could be 12. y'know, one of those 12-year-olds who looks older than they are, but you can still tell that they're 12. =P

haha, my fox and sheik now are probably better than ambrose's then

edit: LOL BERNARD, firefox toward the middle of the stage? TWICE?! what were you thinking?
lol, I look kind of young. 17 ftw. The crew battle was too funny.

Speaking of crew battles:

http://video.google.ca/videosearch?q=he+man&emb=0&aq=f#q=adventures+of+he+man+crew+battle&emb=0 40:59 - 41:03, the audio

Grmo

Smash Champion
Plymouth Rock, eating Thanksgiving dinner
were was this recording stuff durning the tourny..
It's attached to my computer, which I can't move lmao. Sorry :laugh:
Dammit, oh well. So what do you do Melee. I wouldn't mind sharpening my Young Link skills once more
We just talk about stuff and then we're very loud when we get together. You should come play with us. We can have epic low tier training for you.
i like this idea, and not just because of the food (<3 food) i could probably bring a wii and melee =o
lolool k, awesome.
So like Sunday, smash? To Grmo's!
Saturday would be preferable because I have to work sunday, but I guess I could get all my work done in the morning and you could come over after that.
lol, I look kind of young. 17 ftw. The crew battle was too funny.

Speaking of crew battles:

http://video.google.ca/videosearch?q=he+man&emb=0&aq=f#q=adventures+of+he+man+crew+battle&emb=0 40:59 - 41:03, the audio
lol I'll watch this later

So yeah, Megavideo is really hags. I was in the middle of an episode of the epic part of Rurouni Kenshin (you know, the non-filler arc), when it decides to die. So I'm finishing the Arlong arc in One Piece, and holy ****...it's so awesome. Seriously, this anime is too good.

Some day at a tournament I want to use Luigi, then get knocked off the stage on the last stock, and DI really well, then come down charging a Luigi rocket, shouting GOMU GOMU NOOOOO............ ROOOOOOOOOCCCCCKKKKKKKKKEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTTTTTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO and get a misfire and then I win. THAT WOULD BE SO COOL!

Grmo

Smash Champion
I have this list of awesome animes, in no particular order:

Lucky Star
One Piece
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Rurouni Kenshin
Black Lagoon
Elfen Lied
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni
Seto no Hanayome
Fullmetal Alchemist
Toradora

And then I've got this list of terrible ones:
Final Approach
Akikan
Kimi ga Nozomu Eien
Green Green
Lamune
Iriya no Sora, UFO no Natsu

Fortuntately that list isn't as long, but ****, I'm still tormented by how awful they are. These are like, the absolute worst ones.

EDIT: According to some counter thingy, I've spent over 60 days of time throughout my life watching anime.

>_>
<_<

*smack*

We should have a torture session where everyone watched School Days, then we watch as the posts for the next few days are "what the ***...."

On that note, I was completely shocked when I finished that. The next day at school we were all talking about it, and whenever someone started describing one of the horrific events I started laughing uncontrollably. I don't know what went on in my head that day, but I was like "what the ****" all day.

idea

Smash Master
ahaha...watching the he-man crew battle. good times. if i didn't already know you guys, i'd be thinking "i want to meet these people."

at one point, in the background, someone says "kill the jew!" o_o

and grmo, i've seen none of your animes. except lucky star. and i thought fullmetal was bad...it's popular in north america and that tends to be a bad sign...

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I'm trying to get my wisdom teeth removed before Alukard's because this **** is seriously pissing me off.

I can't eat chips without inflicting severe pain upon my gums and the raw area of my mouth from the teeth rubbing against it so much and scraping against it >__>

It hurts like a ***** holy ****.

**** teeth srsly.

idea

Smash Master
I'm trying to get my wisdom teeth removed before Alukard's because this **** is seriously pissing me off.

I can't eat chips without inflicting severe pain upon my gums and the raw area of my mouth from the teeth rubbing against it so much and scraping against it >__>

**** teeth srsly.
that sounds bad, but if you get them removed this week, you might still be recovering while at alukard's. doesn't seem like it's worth the risk. just...eat a lot of soup? i can bring cans of soup for you if you want, we have lots =P

Slipsystem13

Smash Cadet
Well, I doubt I need epic Low Tier Training, I was actually considering participating in tournaments for melee, but I was waaaaay too lazy to do anything. Although any improvement is appreciated.

Grmo

Smash Champion

**** teeth srsly.
ouch. Getting teeth removed is really bad though, but I guess it would work.
Lol, wisdom teeth are lol. :(

Also: GINTAMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Oh yeah, I just started watching that.

Also Kyle, I dunno, I've only seen a few episodes of Fullmetal and I thought it was awesome. Maybe it gets bad later, I dunno lol. You should watch Black Lagoon. It's surprisingly not well known, but it's really good.
grmo what about school days i heard you liekd it
IT WAS AWFUL GO AWAY
Well, I doubt I need epic Low Tier Training, I was actually considering participating in tournaments for melee, but I was waaaaay too lazy to do anything. Although any improvement is appreciated.
:chuckle: That would be awesome.

Slipsystem13

Smash Cadet
Lol, yeah I know. But you know I'm positive Young Link wouldn't have been removed or in low tier if he had a bigger fan base. There are so many advantages he has over Link and he has plenty of cool little tricks like the Sword Plant spike and his mini spike with his Spin Attack that he could have easily madeit to mid tier

Santana

Smash Apprentice
Lol, yeah I know. But you know I'm positive Young Link wouldn't have been removed or in low tier if he had a bigger fan base. There are so many advantages he has over Link and he has plenty of cool little tricks like the Sword Plant spike and his mini spike with his Spin Attack that he could have easily madeit to mid tier
It's not like Link has a huge fan base either, and he's above Young Link. I think there's more to the tier list than "Which characters are more popular."

With that said, Jiggs and ICs were pretty unheard of in competitive play until certain players "invented" them. They're still pretty scarce, but are seen as more than viable now. I don't think anyone is coming along to "invent" Young Link, as there is nothing left to be invented, or at least nothing substantial.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
Link hater :(

just kidding.

edit: those tricks are very situational and I dont agree with Y.Link being on top of Link. cause yl doesnt have enough killing moves and recovery is bad, lack of range. and so on.. the only thing that y.Link beats Link is speed and movement and maybe projectile spam.

Grmo

Smash Champion
I think he meant that characters that are more popular have more people developing them and etc. and hey, this guy might reinvent Young Link ;)

Who knows, we might have a new Gimpyfish here lol

Anyway yeah, so are people still up for smashfest at my place this weekend? (recording + food + setups + grmzo doesn't have to move = sex). I can probably pick you guys up or meet you from bus terminals if you're not getting a ride

EDIT **** OYUJ STOLS NI HATE LINKKB OAHGRHGHARHGHRGH

afk, going to practice my amazing Falcon

You know you have no life when you have to say afk on the boards so people know why you're not posting

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
I think he meant that characters that are more popular have more people developing them and etc. and hey, this guy might reinvent Young Link ;)

Who knows, we might have a new Gimpyfish here lol

Anyway yeah, so are people still up for smashfest at my place this weekend? (recording + food + setups + grmzo doesn't have to move = sex). I can probably pick you guys up or meet you from bus terminals if you're not getting a ride

EDIT **** OYUJ STOLS NI HATE LINKKB OAHGRHGHARHGHRGH

afk, going to practice my amazing Falcon

You know you have no life when you have to say afk on the boards so people know why you're not posting
yeah haha that could be cool.

ive started playing y. link just for jokes. yeah that would be sick lol. y. Link .. all dai LOL

Desh

Smash Ace
oh lawd
no,
Young link sucks,
there is no way he'd even make it to mid tier, and he has no advantages over link other than more mobility and more spam >_>

idea

Smash Master
i usually feel more comfortable with y.link than link. but link has the advantages of living longer, having more combos, having kill power, and most of his moves being better.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
i usually feel more comfortable with y.link than link. but link has the advantages of living longer, having more combos, having kill power, and most of his moves being better.
Link movement is so bad :laugh:

i cant wait for brampton tourney haha.

also for the guys going to Revival of Smash try to give us updates when your there.

Grmo

Smash Champion
What day, Grmzo?
Saturday?
yeah haha that could be cool.

ive started playing y. link just for jokes. yeah that would be sick lol. y. Link .. all dai LOL
I've been playing Mewtwo.
Same way I feel more comfNG WITH THIS KEYBOARDthat what the **** IS WROortable playing Mario, until I realized
Link is such failure. It's all about Zelda.
"WHY DO I KEEP GETTING HIT?"
Link movement is so bad :laugh:

i cant wait for brampton tourney haha.

also for the guys going to Revival of Smash try to give us updates when your there.
link movement
urday ok? I'll BOARD FUFKC

God this keyboard is so bad.

Is saturday ok? I'll try to clean up a bit and I'll ask my parents about it if everyone's ok with this. I'll make like, a bunch of chili depending on how many people want to come.

Grmo

Smash Champion
EDIT: this post is so fail, that it makes AND THEN THEIS FIDN GFAIL THAT EAT **** ING KEBAORD NATOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Clearly, I need a new keyboard. It like, randomly goes to a different part of the sentence and then for no reason I start writing something else where I didn't intend it to go.

I feel like such a troll.

FECK YOU KEYBOARD

worldjem7

Smash Ace
Y. Link: F-air hits all around him
Link: Fair hits in front twice

Y. Link: Dash attack hits above him like Marth's Fsmash
Link: hits slightly farther ahead in front of him

Y. Link: Dair can combo up to 3 times and can meteor at his head but, is a bit weaker
Link: Dair can combo up to 2 times but is stronger

Y. Link: Bombs hit multiple times
Link: Bombs hit once

Y. Link: Boomerang has more control
Link: Boomerang can go farther

Link generally has more range and power over Y. Link but, I feel Y. Link's moves have more potential because of the speed and variety of effects/greater effects his moves have.

Then again, Range > many things in smash so... I could be wrong...

@Grmo

Saturday? Would I be able to crash?

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
Y. Link: F-air hits all around him
Link: Fair hits in front twice

Y. Link: Dash attack hits above him like Marth's Fsmash
Link: hits slightly farther ahead in front of him

Y. Link: Dair can combo up to 3 times and can meteor at his head but, is a bit weaker
Link: Dair can combo up to 2 times but is stronger

Y. Link: Bombs hit multiple times
Link: Bombs hit once

Y. Link: Boomerang has more control
Link: Boomerang can go farther

Link generally has more range and power over Y. Link but, I feel Y. Link's moves have more potential because of the speed and variety of effects/greater effects his moves have.

Then again, Range > many things in smash so... I could be wrong...

@Grmo

Saturday? Would I be able to crash?
you forgot the ..

"SCRAAAAAAAH!" lool i stopped spamming that for some reason . :laugh:

Grmo

Smash Champion
^ Maybe. I'm fine with it so long as you don't wake me up in the morning. I'll have your head if you do. I would just have to ask my parents about it.

EDIT STOTSO I HWAS TLAKING TO AERIKC
PERSON ITN
THERES A COLOURFUL MY FROUNT YARHD HOW TO I GET RIF OD THENM

Slipsystem13

Smash Cadet
I doubt, I'm the next Gimpy, but I'm sure if I lost my life to SSBM I could discover some things to put Y. Link into the spotlight. Also, I'm seeing if I can make it out to someones house, I just need to know where it is and I'll see what I can do

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
I doubt, I'm the next Gimpy, but I'm sure if I lost my life to SSBM I could discover some things to put Y. Link into the spotlight. Also, I'm seeing if I can make it out to someones house, I just need to know where it is and I'll see what I can do
where do you live around?

ALSO

SOAP: ARE YOU COMING TO THE BRAMPTON TOURNEY?

Top Bottom