• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
So you want your support to split push? Do you even know when split pushing is effective? Split pushing only works when the enemy team can't 1v1 a champion with fast wave clear and your team is able to defend objectives 4v4/5. So having your weakest champion(the support) to split sounds awful.
Well split pushing can also be used defensively to minimize loses but that's difficult to explain and to much of a hassle to write out on my phone.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
So are there any real problems to Cass aside from being hard to play optimally?
I've been playing her lately, and she just dominates so many lanes. She certainly has some counters, but you just don't pick her there obviously. In an even matchup lane matchup she likely outscales who your up against. Lategame she gets Ashe level kiting, and she can get Ryze level tankiness/damage. So does it really just come down to her difficulty or is there other reasons to why we don't see people playing her?

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
So are there any real problems to Cass aside from being hard to play optimally?
I've been playing her lately, and she just dominates so many lanes. She certainly has some counters, but you just don't pick her there obviously. In an even matchup lane matchup she likely outscales who your up against. Lategame she gets Ashe level kiting, and she can get Ryze level tankiness/damage. So does it really just come down to her difficulty or is there other reasons to why we don't see people playing her?

Lack of mobility and unreliable cc i would imagine. Its also hard to be a squishy-ish target who has to stay relatively close to targets to do damage with assassins like zed/kha/elise/kass running around.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
A lategame Cass is hardly squishy. You can go a ton of build paths on her, like RoA + Seraph's similar to Karthas or Ryze, obviously Rylai's is a staple item on her, and of course Zhonya's is fantastic on any mage, and even Spirit of the Spectral Wraith is pretty strong on her with E having full spell vamp now. She can easily hit 3k health with some decent resists to boot, and still be dealing 400+ before resists on her E every .5 seconds.

Mobility I would agree with, but that certainly doesn't stop characters like Rumble, Ryze, Karthas, etc. from being played.

Niko45

Smash Master
I don't think anything is particularly wrong with her, just that other champs can achieve as much/more while being wayyyy more faceroll to play. Same goes for lots of unpopular APs honestly.

She's also kinda half-AOE, half single target DPS, and I think in terms of organized non solo-queue league of legends teams pick mages to be solidly either assassin/roamers or full blown AOE.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
lissandra and orianna do everything she can do but better.

EXCEPT jungle objectives. cass shreds those as fast as karthus.

bassem6

Smash Lord
I would disagree. Liss and orianna grant more cc and utility respectively whereas cass provides a ton of sustained single target dps with a bit of cc/aoe. She is similar to ryze but ryze is way more forgiving and easy to use optimally and he becomes tankier late game. The trade off is that his laning phase is a lot crappier vs more champs whereas cass is one of the strongest laners imo

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
i was more referring to the fact that they're both good in skirmishes or teamfights and strong cc team initiation but they pulll it off easier/more effectively because of the utility aspects of their kit.

I do agree cass does more dmg. It's just harder to utilize effectively in my opinion.

Like imagine if cassi had a dash...

omg

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
omg saint V.

Really.

Inhib down 35minutes in no vision on enemy team.

"i think it's a good idea to go farm wraiths. i HAVE TO GET THIS GOLD NOWWWWWWWW"

gets jumped on from 4 directions dies leads to game winning ace.

-.-

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
How ppl still don't understand rengar i don't understand. I'm tired of all these toplaners giving me 11/0 rengars to deal with as adc.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
jungle karma is op, she stays healthy and her ganks and clear speed are infinite lulz.

Jungle Quinn is also really fun.

Edit: oh was it done in the lcs? lawl.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
jungle karma is op, she stays healthy and her ganks and clear speed are infinite lulz.

Jungle Quinn is also really fun.

Edit: oh was it done in the lcs? lawl.
?????
How does she stay healthy, how does she have passable clear speed? Her W doesn't work on jungle monsters, and E only does damage if she mantras.
I can see jungle quinn possibly working though, about as well as other marksman junglers.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I use lifesteal quints, and spec into util for most of my junglers

lifesteal + shield = lol

q being on like

a 3 second cooldown

makes her clear ok

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I started using xerath again a month back after another few months of not using him. (I think when the rework was first announced), I won a lot of my normals and ranked games. Any games I lost was just other lanes not doing so hot.

he's okay, still boring cause only feels fun when you have your ult active.

Top Bottom