• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

bassem6

Smash Lord
lmao your ramm is cray-- balls deep with the ap powerballin's and tauntin's and tremorin', and i'm bulwarking and gusting away every chance at it
only for it to be off cd just right when you got me at 5hp. ****ing. spirit visage.

vs olaf tho. the moment he hit 2, struck me with true damage 1/5th my hp, there goes my last hitting opportunities. 68 to 22 cs around 10 min.
Qss on RAMMUS?! They said. You're crazy bassem! they said. Well let me tell you, that qss ruined that fiddles life that game!

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
When are people going to stop going support Lux, its so useless and there are so many better options. Its starting to annoy me that people still do it.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
The only reason I would want to ban Vayne is to prevent idiots on my team from first picking her ("because she's so op?") and then getting pooped on in lane.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I don't like playing as it personally.

Since I keep thinking in team comps, dang we need someone tankier/different utility. That and I'm not good with her. I'd rather be Karma support over her.

john!

Smash Hero
And this is the moment where we figured out john was replaced by alien invaders.

But seriously your attitude as of late, I like. ^_^
really... i thought i was being even more passive-aggressive than usual with that post... :p

in all honesty though, it bugs me when people say something is "stupid" or a "bad idea" without giving any reasons. it's like they are saying that the idea is so obviously bad that everyone else already knows why it's bad (when really it usually just means "this idea is different and therefore i don't like it)

also i personally hate vayne because she's the akali of bot lane, and would not mind seeing nerfs regardless of whether she's "OP" or not at top level play, just because she carries so damn hard

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Support Lux is hilariously fun. People like fun.

(I dunno if she's useless >_> )
You know what else is fun? Soraka Top. Or AP Wukong. But do you see people doing that in ranked?

She doesnt bring anything to teamfights AT ALL without AP and late game shes nothing but a squishy champ with no damage, no hard cc, a small ass shield, and a snare on only two people. Pretty much ANY other champ that is seen bot lane is a better choice over her. Sure shes OKAY in lane if you can land skill shots, but shes of literally no use late game unless you build her like a carry, which you cant do with all the wards youre buying and lack of cs.

What's The Point

Smash Master
People pick support Lux because they don't want to play support. So they pick Lux and try to sneak in AP items and pretend they aren't a support halfway through the game.

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
Vayne only getting popular again due to nerfs after nerfs to adcs that bodied her in lane. Also the decrease to all in supports (Leona and nerfs to taric) and the rise in poke/sustain supports (nami and sona) her laning phase has gotten a lot easier.
Edit: People also have no clue to lane against her and often trade 1 auto vs her auto+ tumble attack and often lose trades. People often go cait vs her but with nami/sona supporting a vayne it's impossible to shove her out if the support player is good, and her farming under tower is one of the best due to tumble reset and silver bolt proc. Whenever im vayne I rather farm at the tower rather then mid lane.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I like Vayne, she's fun. She's just a pubstomper now cause people don't focus/buy pink wards(oracles)/whatever.. At the same time you still need your team to peel for you as Vayne when having more than 1 champ diving you.

Although i had a game.. I died in lane as Vayne to caitlyn. My jungler ganks gives me a double kill. Caitlyn can't farm in lane anymore.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
with nami/sona supporting a vayne it's impossible to shove her out if the support player is good
This is the main reason I dislike fighting against Vayne. If the support knows what theyre doing, its literally almost 100% impossible to win the lane no matter how good you are (and even if the support is bad, if the vayne is good, its still pretty hard) and then late game, unless youre a hyper carry late game like Trist, she gets stronger than you. I mean, she IS beatable, buts its a really long and tedious lane that really isnt that enjoyable to play against.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Hey man, I love Lux, shes easily one of my favorite Mids and, no joke, Lux's champion spotlight is the first thing I EVER saw about this game and its what got me into the game. She was also the second character I ever bought (first was Ashe cuz she was who I played in the tutorial and just happened to be free week the week I joined too, so I played her then bought her cuz she was cheap) so I have a soft spot for Lux and really like her (and the first skin I ever bought was a Lux skin). With that said though, I still think shes an awful support and as an adc main, I absolutely hate having her as my support.

Coney

Smash Master
I'd rather have lux than nidalee support

disagree

whenever i'm smurfing there's always a guy that wants to mid

and i'm like "no let me mid im diamond 2 smurf"

and they're like "UGH FINE" and go nidalee support

but then they just completely **** on bot lane

i'm not saying it's good but it's probably viable at most elos tbh

Boofy!

Smash Champion
Everytime I see nidalee support they start dorans 1 ward or rush tear and contribute nothing. I mean I've seen it work, but I've seen lots of stupid things work.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Last time i had a nid support she started dorans 2 pots. the enemy shyvanna ganked immediately after blue and got a double. a couple minutes later she was 7/0, all from bot lane. I was not a happy Trundle.

Nid support can at least do some dmg without items through max range spears, and does have a heal with an attack speed buff, so while lacking cc i guess she brings more than a lux support.

Elise support is where its at tho.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I played Morgana support before, usually people are like:

"I came to lane not knowing what to expect from Morgana support. I can see why now."

It's definitely a good feeling.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Condemn is one of the stupidest abilities in the game~
The only thing kinda lame about Vayne right now is her early game is a tad too good, mostly from other champs around her getting nerfed that her strong against her, and still are mind you.

Condemn should probs have it's range at her AA range, idk why it's longer than her AA range.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
wat

you mean nami got buffed every patch in a row for like 4 patches LMFAO
That's exactly what I mean. Nami was buffed for awhile, and vayne got buffed here and there while everything else was being nerfed. Supports and AD's. I'm still waiting for the Twitch nerfs.

If you don't understand what I mean still, Nami became the best support mostly cause of all the other supports getting nerfed. Vayne is good of course but she wasn't the best. But she's getting close since they've nerfed Draven, Muramana and Iceborn Gauntlets I believe (Ez), and I believe a small movement speed nerf from Varus and damage reduced on Hail of Arrows.

Player-3

Smash Hero
yeah except those buffs were indirect, nami got directly buffed many many patches in a row until they gave her a 2 sec bubble stun when people started to play her and realize how strong the minor buffs made her, not because other supports were nerfed lol (with the exception of taric, poor guy is a ****ter now)

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Wow they did nerf Varus' movespeed, I forgot about that. Was it really necessary?

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
So basically everyone is repeating what I already said in a previous post??
Anyways vayne fine IMO, people just forgot how to play the match up and if they do nerf anything it should be tumble distance and how invisibility duration when her ult is active. She abuses brushes almost as hard as rengar.

Niko45

Smash Master
is niko44 on league the same niko that used to play marth and post here sometimes?

no LOL I've been asked that a few times

there's no question that nid support does well in lane, but post-lane ur basically just an exhaust. You have no damage no tanking no peeling ur bad.

Top Bottom