• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
J4 is still really strong. Any suggestions for me to add to my jungling pool? right now I only have Naut and trundle, learning j4 right now. I'm thinking i should learn elise or shen next, what is really strong/popular as of late? I missed most of the EU lcs so i didnt get a chance to check it out.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
J4 is still really strong. Any suggestions for me to add to my jungling pool? right now I only have Naut and trundle, learning j4 right now. I'm thinking i should learn elise or shen next, what is really strong/popular as of late? I missed most of the EU lcs so i didnt get a chance to check it out.
Rammus with teleport. 3 second taunt is legitimately overpowered, but your team has to be somewhat competent.
Also Xin, there's no learning involved, you just roll your face on keyboard.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll definitely add Xin and Elise to the list of who to get really familiar with. I cant really ever get into a groove when i play zac if that makes sense, nothing ever goes right.

Naut and jarvan are pretty strong to rely on, and on the off chance I get to counter pick a bruiser team I have a solid trundle.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
i don't understand ashe :( i wish i did. she's like the only adc i'm pretty blehhhhhhhhhhhh (aka lose the most games with)at and she's my favorite. I don't know the ins and outs of when to initiate with her in bot lane specifically :/

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Finally. its annoying already that spiderlings eat single target skill shots for her, at least now they wont tank the tower for her and they die to aoe.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
i don't understand ashe :( i wish i did. she's like the only adc i'm pretty blehhhhhhhhhhhh (aka lose the most games with)at and she's my favorite. I don't know the ins and outs of when to initiate with her in bot lane specifically :/
When to use Ashe ult:
Jungler is in tribush and the enemy isn't backing off.
Jungler is super mobile (Hecarim/Rammus) and/or is lane ganking
Enemy team is diving you
Enemy adc doesn't have cleanse, then you can ult with inpunity
Keep at least 150 mana to hold the threat of firing off an ult

How to not Ashe ult:
Snipe across the map

Rest of the situations depends on both of the supports and how well your support can combo and how well the enemy support can peel.

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
I've given mid lane so many kills off this.
And then you leave yourself open to being ganked or initated upon with out a reliable way to secure the kill/get out safely.

Don't even get me started if you miss trying to hit mid.. I can't stand players who attempt to do these things.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
And then you leave yourself open to being ganked or initated upon with out a reliable way to secure the kill/get out safely.

Don't even get me started if you miss trying to hit mid.. I can't stand players who attempt to do these things.
She can kit, if they can dive Ashe and get out then having your ult wasn't gonna make a difference with you living. Easier solution is to ward.

Yeah I have missed ults before but it's mostly trying to figure out where they are gonna be moving if you can coordinate with your jungler and your mid. Jungler comes out, you shoot an arrow to where yoou think there will run to. I've landed a good share of ults doing this.

Niko45

Smash Master
Ashe buff is scary. Ashe just seems like one of those champions that will be SUPER annoying if she gets op. We will see.

Elise got wrecked. Holy *** tho just pick eve jungle seriously. Been duoing with my friend who plays eve jungle and its the most free of free elo in the yolo queues.

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano

Yolo mutha ****a, not taking chances is for *****es

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
People still don't understand how to counterplay with Eve in the game, so it really is free elo.
Ashe is definitely strong right now, but it took every other carry getting hit before she moved away from niche. She still can be countered though. Her kiting can only do so much as opposed to Ez who can kite out of like any situation, and when the enemy has something like Jarvan or Sejuani who can really lock you down they can make Ashe a very sad panda.

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
She can kit, if they can dive Ashe and get out then having your ult wasn't gonna make a difference with you living. Easier solution is to ward.

Yeah I have missed ults before but it's mostly trying to figure out where they are gonna be moving if you can coordinate with your jungler and your mid. Jungler comes out, you shoot an arrow to where yoou think there will run to. I've landed a good share of ults doing this.
Kiting only does so much... now a 1-2 second stun on the other hand does wonders.

Niko45

Smash Master
Spirit Visage appears to be getting more and more OP. For just 425 more gold you're now getting 200 more health, 10 more MR, and 24 health regen. Wut.

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
Kiting is what Ashe is along with utility.
My point is that if you waste your ult on mid is what is probably a less than 25% chance to actually hit them you are going to get zoned by the other teams bot lane or just straight up die. I mean if you are actually playing against competent players that is.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
My point is that if you waste your ult on mid is what is probably a less than 25% chance to actually hit them you are going to get zoned by the other teams bot lane or just straight up die. I mean if you are actually playing against competent players that is.
I may be silver 1 but still if you work with your team landing the ults is a lot easier than 25%.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Does your mid laner have any sort of CC? I mean, I'd say I miss, probably a fair bit more then I hit in mid lane. You're making it seem much harder then it actually is.

Niko45

Smash Master
The more I think about it the more annoyed I am now with the bulwark/visage change it appears that one centralizing MR item has been replaced with an even more insane one.

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
Lol alright gift your posts ugh. You do know Ashe ult covers 1/3 the width of mid lane right? So if the arrow is shot from your fountain you have a 1/3 chance to hit which is pretty good. Also the way you describe bot lane makes it seems like you're always pushed to the tower and make it sound like you're always losing lane.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not questioning your skills (you just sound like a very passive player which is fine) but you make it sound like Ashe can't lane unless her ult is up. Also firing your ult in lane doesn't always mean you're going to hit/secure a kill.

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
Lol alright gift your posts ugh. You do know Ashe ult covers 1/3 the width of mid lane right? So if the arrow is shot from your fountain you have a 1/3 chance to hit which is pretty good. Also the way you describe bot lane makes it seems like you're always pushed to the tower and make it sound like you're always losing lane. Also Ashe getting zoned is kinda hard cause of her aa range and volley harass.
I mean yeah from fountain you increase your chances by a bit to hit mid lane but i do see a lot of Ashe's ult from bot lane and I'm fairly certain that decreases your chance to hit them significantly. I'm not saying I'm right but I just have somewhat of a gripe when I see Ashe's do this because it leaves your lane open now. Not even to just ganks but their bot lane just going hard on you. Just relating my experiences, I understand that I may not be as mechanically inclined or understand the game fully as some others do but I do have an opinion on some things, just because I am taking the more safe option doesn't mean I am incorrect.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
What are the thoughts on the new Yi?
I've only messed around versus bots, but I got to say Alpha Striking every ~4 seconds even without resets is absolutely delightful. You can dodge so much just by being able to spam Alpha Strike so frequently in fights.

Top Bottom