• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Phantom Gamer

<font color="#ff00ff">pranked!</font>
I'm not saying I'm right but I just have somewhat of a gripe when I see Ashe's do this because it leaves your lane open now. Not even to just ganks but their bot lane just going hard on you.
I gotta ask what support(s) are you playing as cause I feel some supports are able to prevent them going in on you hard when Ashe's ult is down.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Ulting from one lane to another is hard and ideally you would be shooting from fountain because that's significantly easier, but it definitely is the right call to make at times. If you hit a solid arrow a bad fight, say a 2v3 because their top and jungler both came mid to countergank, is suddenly a winnable situation. In that kind of situation you actually have decent odds of hitting because you have three targets in the lane, and from the distance you are firing from you are more or less taking somebody out of the fight from the sheer duration of the stun (3.5 seconds). Is it a play you always make? Of course not, but to say you should never do it is just silly.
Sure it takes away a lot of your kill potential in lane, and makes you easier to kill, but that just means you change your playstyle for the duration of the CD. Play safely. You have 600 range, AoE slow potential, and a scouting tool so it really should be hard to play it safe for a minute and a half. If the play works out, you just gave your team a huge advantage, and got some assist gold to boot.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Just me?

Or is Brand really strong again with his pillar normalized and his mana costs lowered.

I just seem to be destroying with him all day today.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
holy **** is spirit visage the best defensive item in the game now

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I love riot.

"Hey guys, this item seems to be good, and people are starting to build it on the characters which it's niche is helpful with"
"It also seems to go really well with some of the popular items that are going right now, like Blade of the Ruined King and Ravenous Hydra"
"It's also cost efficient"
"Well, we cannot allow GOOD NICHE ITEMS to exist for very long, off to the OVERBUFF MOBILE"
"You mean the OVERBUFF AN ALREADY GOOD ITEM AND THEN NERF IT TO USELESSNESS MOBILE RIGHT?"
"Right"

Another successful day of balancing at Riot. :(

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Spirit_Visage
Item cost 2625g
Total Gold Value = 3664g

Not only is it 1000 gold efficient, its stats are also extremely good.
At least Bulwark is gone, so only tanks will be ultra tanky now I guess?

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Banshee's_Veil
Item cost 2750g
Total Gold Value = 2288g
Gold Value (with Passive buff)
Complete Combined Gold Value:3908g
hmm

Even Spectre's Cowl itself is really gold efficient, with good stats (at least MR)
I wonder if we'll be seeing its combine cost increased sometime soon.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
@gifts: i'm pretty sure it was assumed that you're ulting from fountain if you're trying to hit mid lane. at least, that gives you the highest probability of landing them.
Nah son I shoot my ults from wherever.

Kobe don't miss.

You miss 100 percent of the shots you don't take.

And I take em all.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
even if it does spectres cowl is a really good mid tier item to tide u over. So it won't really affect either items viability unless it's just ridiculous overpricing (~500-1000 inefficiency)

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
WELCOME TO THE LEAGUE OF SPIRIT VISAGE

GUESS WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?

Nerfnerfnerfnerfnerfnerf

Edit: I'm going to play Galio against champions like Singed and Teembro

Player-3

Smash Hero
rammus with warmogs spirit visage is the most invincible character i've met in my time playing this game

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
How about tank swain?

Rod of Ages, Spirit Visage, Frozen Heart, Seraphs, Boots, ?????????

EDIt: THE LAST ITEM CAN BE ZHONYAS

ALSO I SEE MOGWAI LURKING

HAI MOGWAI

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Mogwai fix Olaf pls.
moggy pls

Got two Olaf's in my games tonight... Both just did nothing. And it makes me sad. Because I want him to be good again and the wait is killing me. One of my favorite champs.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
ohai. I can't fix him because my title is QA Analyst, alas, poor me. I'll give it my best shot, but it would really be a better job for a member of the live design team...

at any rate, nothing I really want to say other than a quick hi to the homies. hopefully will get my stream going again once time warner gets their **** together and makes my home internet not randomly **** out 2-3 times per game.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
ohai. I can't fix him because my title is QA Analyst, alas, poor me. I'll give it my best shot, but it would really be a better job for a member of the live design team...
Wait, I can't tell if you're joking because of what people in this thread have said D: but I saw your early ideas for Olaf changes and they looked good to me (and I don't even play him)

at any rate, nothing I really want to say other than a quick hi to the homies. hopefully will get my stream going again once time warner gets their **** together and makes my home internet not randomly **** out 2-3 times per game.
Is it the whole internet, or is it a League specific thing, like Comcast users (like me!) have to suffer through?
I've been mostly avoiding PvP games lately because the connection to League is so unreliable. It really sucks :[

Niko45

Smash Master
Spectre's Cowl or whatever it's called is giving the exact same MR and health that the previous spirit visage was giving. All for 1400 gold and a great lane phase health regen passive. WTF.

Nasus ultimate counter to APs now just rush spirit visage and be an utter brick wall get farmed and dominate.

Also a warmogs visage combo is going to be giving insane health regen.

Tank meta is baaaaaack.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
all the mundo players are rejoicing. Killing voli through his passive is hard as **** now too. I mean it was hard before, but there is no reason now for voli's to not at least get a cowl in lane against aps, or by mid game.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Guys. They changed the Carry category in the client to Marksman now. So like, does that mean Im a Marksman main now?

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Because you had 3600 gold worth of stats when everyone in the game only had 2600 gold.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Because you had an item that was already good on Vlad to begin with that was immensely buffed?

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Spirit Visage
Health and regeneration effects reduced to 10%
Cooldown reduction reduced to 10%
Health reduced from 400 to 180
Health Regen/5 reduced to 10
Cost increased to 3500

^ Calling it.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I'd agree with all that except the CDR part, all expensive items with CDR have 20%

Niko45

Smash Master
MM bot.
Also I rushed SV on vlad in a couple games cause why not.
Why did it work and I got fed?

Visage was already rushable in AP lanes before the gigantic buff. Now its damn near just the best thing he can rush. With that much regen and buffed healing on Q, who really needs spell vamp?

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Because you had an item that was already good on Vlad to begin with that was immensely buffed?
Nah, I think I'd rather rush spectral wraith instead of SV before this patch.
Ya pretty sure if I needed MR and CDR, I'd get that from abyssal and SW alone, since the rest of my items would be boots of course, scary hat, zhonya's and void staff.

Visage was already rushable in AP lanes before the gigantic buff. Now its damn near just the best thing he can rush. With that much regen and buffed healing on Q, who really needs spell vamp?
Damn near best thing almost anybody in any lane can rush outside of supports maybe.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Before: there is no good MR item besides bulwark!

Now: omg new MR item OP!

Just remember the stats are selfish and MM still hurt you hard

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
... I'm not complaining, I just don't want to see it nerfed into uselessness because of how they've clearly overbuffed it.

Niko45

Smash Master
but...whats up with randomly slapping a bunch of health regen on it

I was excited that wits end might start seeing some love since its a good item but nope, can't justify not building visage for MR.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
wits was always niche and will continue to be. Irelia/shens will still build it vs double ap comps as they do now. Sunfire/sv/wits/randuins well rounded build right there.

Player-3

Smash Hero
if they have magic damage characters just build spirit visage warmogs and they wont be able to hurt you

400 ap malzahar with liandrys void staff didn't even hurt rammus and my w is like the best tank killing magic damage ability in the game :(

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Plus, Warmogs gives effective physical resistance too! :D

Cannot wait to play some Galio tonight. SV/Warmogs/Randuins/Abyssal/Zhonya's/Boots MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM DELICIOUS

Also deleted some of my posts that I made this morning; it was 8am and I was still in bed, hence triple kill post.

Top Bottom