• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
you gotta love going from a 7 game winning spree to losing your promo due to 2 afks in a row.

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
so like, me and my two friends I was playing with just now got dc'd from the game and couldn't rejoin. I assume it happened to everyone else in the match, but wtf is going on?

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
They're having server issues right now lol. Ranked queues are disabled and stuff.

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
do you guys ever get anxiety about ranked games? how do you get over it? I always wussy out of queue and play normal games lol

Varist

Smash Lord
Curious question I've wanted to ask the high level players here for a while. For a scrub a dub trying to improve. As someone playing solo lanes or adc (loljunglesupportno) how would you prioritize the following things in terms of winning games?

Objectives
CS
Not Dying
Killing People

I'm trying to re-evaluate my approach to the game to make sure my actions in game are the most efficient for winning. Obviously this is very general and specific situations are specific but I'm interested to know what yall think.
I don't know what the 10 or whatever other replies told you because I didn't read them but you should read mine because I know what I'm talking about.

I'm really ****ing bored and I almost never go full autism-mode trying to teach nobodies important things like this so bookmark this or something because I'm a moba strategical prodigy

As a solo laner, Objectives > Everything, all the time, no matter what.
Objectives ranked in order of their importance:
Nexus > Baron > Middle Inhibitor > Bottom Inhibitor > Top Inhibitor > Middle Turrets (Outside Base) > Bottom Turrets*> Top Turrets > Dragon > Blue Buff > Red Buff

*The importance is dynamic; the longer the game goes on the more important destroying bottom turrets becomes because of the way creep waves build up, which give an opportunity for your team to baron when an enemy threat goes bot lane to farm the wave.

The only time an objective is not worth it is if the enemy team can either:
A) Win the game because you took that objective
B) Claim a greater amount of objectives (or an objective higher on the list I delineated above than one that you claimed) as a chain result of the objective you claimed

The other three that remain are dynamic. You must weigh CS and Killing People dynamically, as well as Not Dying.

I will present a round robin wherein each of the 3 can be more or less important than any of the other 3.

CS > Killing People, if, for instance
The person you are going to kill is very behind you in levels (Say you are 12 and they are 8; this will usually be a support or a jungler who was set very behind) or is on a dying streak and you have a wave at your tower that will grant you massive amounts of gold and experience (Say 300g worth of minions). It is more worth it to farm the wave and let that kill opportunity pass you by, if it would cost you a summoner spell or lose you an incredible portion of the wave. It's a judgement call. This scenario is actually the rarest.

CS > Not Dying, if, for instance
You are playing a champion that scales very well and serves its primary purpose as a split pusher. The most famous examples of CS > Not Dying are proxy singed, SilSol strat and turtle Ryze

Killing People > CS, if, for instance
The mathematical gain of the kill is equivalent to or greater than the gold you would lose by CSing. Also a judgement call. However, the additional element that makes killing people a more optimal choice even if you lose hundreds of gold in CS is if the enemy would be set behind an equal or greater amount than you would when subtracting your own minion sacrifice, and/or, the enemy is a high priority threat (AP carry, AD carry, fast sieger, they possess Oracles), etc. Obviously the more late-game it is and the higher the death timers the more Killing People will always > CS.

Killing People > Not Dying if, for instance
The enemy you are killing is of greater significance in a team fight than you are (say you're a tank and they're the AD carry), the enemy is on a killing spree and you are at a gold bounty deficit, the enemy will lose a large amount of minion gold and experience. The latter scenario is most commonly found when you are 1v1ing your opponent and have pushed a wave to their tower, and you dive them, killing them and yourself in the process. Your opponent loses the entire wave you pushed to their tower, worth for you.

Not Dying > CS if, for instance
The amount of gold and experience you would gain from the wave is not as great of an advantage to you as a kill on your champion would be to the enemy. Often it is easy to stay in experience range (1000 units) of a creep while still not risking your life. But this is the reasoning behind sometimes letting a grouped enemy force just take your tower or CS for free if they have a numbers advantage on you, you fear a gank, or your presence immediately after the period of denial is crucial.

If you me to expand on something specific just ask. I don't know if I'll forget to come back to this site or not

do you guys ever get anxiety about ranked games? how do you get over it? I always wussy out of queue and play normal games lol
I don't play ranked when my ping is bad because I rage when I can't perform my best.

Here's why you shouldn't get anxiety over ranked games: You're probably bronze, silver or gold, and that means you're in the big pile of nobodies who suck anyway and have nothing to lose by queueing. Realize that your victories and losses are meaningless. Play to get better. Playing few ranked games has never made someone climb the ladder.

The only reason you wouldn't want to play ranked would be because you believe that you are worse than where the system has placed you, and you are afraid of dropping lower. If you believe you are at a skill level higher than those on your team or the enemy team, mathematically the system works in your favor and you will win more games than you lose over time.

Of course ranked is skewed right now because the promotion system and LP is ******** and a horrible system for solo queue. But regardless, players everyday are climbing, why aren't you?

someone pls argue with me that's why i'm here

who wants to talk about the NA LCS

a kill on a level 7 champion is about 860 exp
This is useless information because exp gain from kills is dynamic. You gain 75% of the total experience value required for the champion you just killed to level up from whatever level they were at when you killed them. So killing a level 7 champion, as a level 4, would without a doubt level you up simply with that kill alone. Experience values are not exponential, however. Experience requirements for leveling are linear. Take killing a champion 2 levels above you and then killing a champion 5 levels above you. While it is exponentially harder to pull off the latter feat, you are not compensated exponentially.

Player-3

Smash Hero
i disagree with your opinion because you stated it in too lengthy a way for me to comprehend it so therefore it is wrong

Varist

Smash Lord
How about tank swain?

Rod of Ages, Spirit Visage, Frozen Heart, Seraphs, Boots, ?????????

EDIt: THE LAST ITEM CAN BE ZHONYAS

ALSO I SEE MOGWAI LURKING

HAI MOGWAI
A better build on Swain is Sorc Boots, Rod of Ages, Spirit Visage, Zhonya's Hourglass, Abyssal Scepter, Deathcap

People overestimate the power of Spirit Visage. There are an abundance of "gold efficient" items in this game. The regen is negligible and it is skewing your perception of this item because it is an expensively priced stat that offers little to nothing. Pretend the regeneration wasn't there and this item is just a compensation for the aura nerf. Its strength in lane is necessary because Kennen is scum.

edit: you guys ruined my penta post. you are also scum

Varist

Smash Lord
State of the league:

Jayce is still broken but no one wants to admit it or seems to realize it
Cloud 9 is going to start performing worse thanks to the latest patch
Midline mages are incredible
NA has no idea how double AD fastpush works
Crs might end up being relegated and I'll never have to see that scummy kid Voyboy ever again
Aatrox is literally a broken champion but doesn't survive in the current meta
Top supports still Thresh, Nami, Sona
NA still playing Renekton for no god damn reason, not able to realize why he's a **** champ

One of these statements is deliberately false.

I hope I have lit the fire with controversial statements so people will argue with me now

Player-3

Smash Hero
it's a trick question, the statement about one of these statements being false is false because in reality every one of those statements is false

you can't fool me

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
State of the league:

Jayce is still broken but no one wants to admit it or seems to realize it
Cloud 9 is going to start performing worse thanks to the latest patch
Midline mages are incredible
NA has no idea how double AD fastpush works
Crs might end up being relegated and I'll never have to see that scummy kid Voyboy ever again
Aatrox is literally a broken champion but doesn't survive in the current meta
Top supports still Thresh, Nami, Sona
NA still playing Renekton for no god damn reason, not able to realize why he's a **** champ

One of these statements is deliberately false.

I hope I have lit the fire with controversial statements so people will argue with me now
I knew about most of these but I was mostly talking about patches and items on champions so far since I was just messing around with SV since the previous patch.

Varist

Smash Lord
Your question is not a question. Create a concrete statement and press the Post Reply button.

Varist

Smash Lord
Varist, trolling doesn't work when you tell people you're trying to do it.

And what do you mean by double-AD fastpush?
"Life", accusing people of trolling doesn't work when you don't even know the definition of the word you're trying to use.

And I would tell you if you hadn't hurt my feelings (and my brain) so much by being this ignorant.

:(

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
is useless information because exp gain from kills is dynamic. You gain 75% of the total experience value required for the champion you just killed to level up from whatever level they were at when you killed them. So killing a level 7 champion, as a level 4, would without a doubt level you up simply with that kill alone. Experience values are not exponential, however. Experience requirements for leveling are linear. Take killing a champion 2 levels above you and then killing a champion 5 levels above you. While it is exponentially harder to pull off the latter feat, you are not compensated exponentially.
it's not useless information in regards to the original question which was basically "give me an idea on how much a champ kill in exp is worth compared to a wave of CS".

I have this too! I get terrified I'll feed, feed, feed, so I just queue with bad people and destroy bronzies with Fiora.

This doesn't help me get better, but it makes me feel good.

Varist

Smash Lord
it's not useless information in regards to the original question which was basically "give me an idea on how much a champ kill in exp is worth compared to a wave of CS".
That's where you're wrong. The experience granted by a wave of CS is incredibly dynamic. There are multiple factors that go into how much exp a particular wave is worth, including how many melee or caster creeps have gathered (melee creeps give roughly twice the exp of caster creeps, while siege minions give almost twice the experience of melee creeps, a ratio which becomes comparatively more even the longer the game goes on), how much time has passed in the game, and whether a friendly champion was within range of the creep wave to share experience with you, or whether there was an assist on whatever champion you sacrificed your CS to kill.

The key difference in champion experience values and minion experience values is that minion experience grants are time-dependent, whereas champion kill experience grants are level-dependent. Your average game of league of legends varies greatly in how quickly or slowly its champions level. A passive mid laner can expect to reach level 7 around minute 8 or 9, but in low-elo games with little to no kills scored that may not occur until minute 11 or 12. If a player is fed enough or farms enough they can reach level 18 in 20 minutes, a kill which would grant around 1500 experience when at that point in time your standard wave would be worth only 375 experience.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I don't know what the 10 or whatever other replies told you because I didn't read them but you should read mine because I know what I'm talking about.

I'm really ****ing bored and I almost never go full autism-mode trying to teach nobodies important things like this so bookmark this or something because I'm a moba strategical prodigy

Player-3

Smash Hero
BLIND PICK BLlND PICK BLIND PICK BLIND PICK BLIND PICK BLIND PICK BLIND PICK BLIND PICK BLIND PICK BLIND PICK BLIND PICK BLIND PICK BLIND PICK BLIND PICK BLIND PICK BLIND PICK BLIND PICK BLIND PICK BLIND PICK BLIND PICK BLIND PICK BLIND PICK BLIND PICK BLIND PICK BLIND PICK BLIND PICK BLIND PICK BLIND PICK BLIND PICK BLIND PICK BLIND PICK BLIND PICK BLIND PICK BLIND PICK BLIND PICK BLIND PICK BLIND PICK BLIND PICK BLIND PICK BLIND PICK BLIND PICK BLIND PICK BLIND PICK BLIND PICK BLIND PICK BLIND PICK BLIND PICK BLIND PICK BLIND PICK BLIND PICK BLIND PICK BLIND PICK BLIND PICK BLIND PICK BLIND PICK BLIND PICK BLIND PICK BLIND PICK BLIND PICK BLIND PICK BLIND PICK BLIND PICK BLIND PICK BLIND PICK BLIND PICK BLIND PICK BLIND PICK BLIND PICK BLIND PICK BLIND PICK BLIND PICK BLIND PICK BLIND PICK BLIND PICK BLIND PICK BLIND PICK BLIND PICK BLIND PICK BLIND PICK BLIND PICK BLIND PICK BLIND PICK BLIND PICK BLIND PICK BLIND PICK BLIND PICK BLIND PICK BLIND PICK BLIND PICK BLIND PICK BLIND PICK BLIND PICK BLIND PICK BLIND PICK BLIND PICK BLIND PICK BLIND PICK BLIND PICK BLIND PICK BLIND PICK BLIND PICK BLIND PICK BLIND PICK BLIND PICK BLIND PICK BLIND PICK BLIND PICK BLIND PICK BLIND PICK BLIND PICK BLIND PICK BLIND PICK BLIND PICK BLIND PICK BLIND PICK BLIND PICK BLIND PICK BLIND PICK BLIND PICK BLIND PICK BLIND PICK BLIND PICK BLIND PICK BLIND PICK BLIND PICK BLIND PICK BLIND PICK

Varist

Smash Lord
Kayle + anything that is a tanky initiator will be a better duo than Kayle + an ad caster

Top Bottom