• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Vyke

Smash Champion
More like people will be people. Not everyone can be an innovator, a leader, or good at something they enjoy. And sometimes, even if they are, they've got a piss poor attitude about it and nobody pays attention.

It's just, like, the cycle of life, man.

Dekar173

Justice Man
So, I give League lessons now. Anyone interested should PM me!

Anyone not interested can feel free to spam me PMs with those damned pony emotes that Espy is so fond of lol.

Help a dreadfully poor fellow Smasher out ;P

Also P3, I definitely agree that Draven is ridiculously good. His base damage is through the roof and the fact that his passive stacks kind of puts him in the OP category IMO.

Edit: Come to think of it... Kha'Zix passive should stack! LOL.

Dekar173

Justice Man
I just teach people stuff about League, and try to improve their gameplay through knowledge the best I can. I can't teach someone to get perfect CS or actually *use* their minimap, but I can teach them the intricacies of different lane styles, characters, and how to counter things.

Really it's like anything that takes thought, the more you know the better you can potentially do.

Edit: Part of me feels SotD is broken, another part of me feels there are better items that last item slot could have. Dunno, I'll need to experiment a bit more with it.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
As long as you don't teach them that people with bad mindset lose 27% more games it should be ok, imo.

I'm definetely gonna try SotD more, maybe with the utility mastery.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Taric seems like a bad Leona to me.
Taric scales down as you level, leona scales up. Taric is a great support when you have tons of damage at low levels (especially physical) like draven/graves. Leona on the other hand, becomes more powerful when she levels and massively spikes at 6.

I called it.

Frozen Fist on Ez has been giving me orgasms since the patch came out.
There's somebody it doesn't?

I think wingsofdeath was the only person who was poo-pooing it.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Yeah Leona is a lot better as the game goes on. AoE stun/slow + stun on a shorter cooldown.

Taric is better at earlier levels and loses power as the game goes on, he's not irrelevant later but Leona is just better latter in the game.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
Point is, Leona has to go in balls deep, and in the end-game, if that goes wrong, the game is thrown. With Taric you can just stun and if it wasn't positioned well you just don't go in, E Z.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Edit: Part of me feels SotD is broken, another part of me feels there are better items that last item slot could have. Dunno, I'll need to experiment a bit more with it.
The biggest boner killer is while the item is on CD. You literally get no AS from it, it wastes a slot while on CD. Even if you get a kill, the rest of the fight you're working without any AS at all from the item. I think most people would rather have shiv tbh.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Point is, Leona has to go in balls deep, and in the end-game, if that goes wrong, the game is thrown. With Taric you can just stun and if it wasn't positioned well you just don't go in, E Z.
Leona doesn't really wanna engage with e though, if she's engaging she should engage with ult, but honestly she's more of a followup/lockdown ccer then an engager imo.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
She isn't amumu who runs in and start a fight with his ult. lol, but yeah she does go in she's all him.

Also SotD feels more like an assassination item than a one build for a team fight, you burst super fast damage then get out, seems to be what it does to me at least.

What's The Point

Smash Master
You have to save the active for the high priority target. Also don't use it if there are more people you need to kill after your current target dies. It's more of an emergency button used halfway through a teamfight to make sure that one target dies to ensure you win the fight. The problem is it only gives attack speed, and nothing when on cooldown, so you generally need a PD/Shiv first, and you sandwich your IE and BT between that item so if you get SotD at all it has to be 4th (Assuming you dont need your defensive item by this point).

Though, I think it's core on Twitch. IE then SotD, and in fights use ult and SotD once you can hit multiple people.

Also bruisers who can run through the team and use it as extra burst to kill the enemy AD/AP. But the problem there is it doesn't do much for a bruiser's overall build. It's basically using an item slot for a single target nuke.

KikoMePlease

Smash Journeyman
HaveFunInTheSun. You're on my list next to YangFuShang. Blame me for getting camped while you stroke your **** playing PvE? Have fun getting trolled if you can even get in my games on my mains low elo scrub.

Trash.

edit: yousuck

doubleedit: #uralsougly

tripleedit: #16chardumpsonu

quadraedit: #urmom

pentaedit: #idtapuinsmashtoo

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931

I hadn't tested it, but I thought Twitch ult might use up a stack of SOTD for each person hit. So if you hit a line of 3 people with one AA, it would be done? Anyone tested it? I know that old Twitch ult would proc Tiamat once for every person hit, so you could hit a line of 3-4 people and every person next in line would count as a fresh tiamat proc on the same bolt. If SOTD doesn't get used up quickly like that, then yea it would probably be staple on Twitch for absolute massive damage.

Besides that though, I'm not very fond of SOTD. At least on range carries. It's a disinventive towards buying other AS and crit items (besides IE obv). During all cases except during SOTD active duration, PD and Shiv are much better. Fighting before or after the active, those two are better. Getting Baron or Dragon, those 2 are better. Taking down towers, even if you blow the SOTD active you're then saddled with 0 AS after those 3 hits on the tower.

PD and Shiv are the consistent answers, and SOTD openly works against both of them if you build them together. It only has synergy with the big AD items, and SOTD alone isn't going to cut it. Get PD or Shiv, and you're already at the 50% crit mark basically. You're paying a heavy price for the active, and I dunno if 3 attacks of glory is really worth it for a massive dropoff in how consistent your damage will be. You also have to consider when to use it, and make sure it doesn't go to waste because they flashed or CC'd you or xyz happened.

Player-3

Smash Hero
SoTD is rly strong on assassins that can use it like rengar imo but its not worth the slot on AD carries asides from MAYBE draven, and i still want to see if you use sotd and q with ezreal if it will crit since it can crit now (or used to be able to probobly fixde the bug by now)

I didn't know the passive stacked, does it mean SotD is a viable option ?
SotD + BC ?
sotd is too unreliable on draven; although if you want to make the enemy team surrender early build BT+IE+SOTD and then oneshot their tank when you activate it if you get far ahead, it's pretty funny

draven is my favorite character hes so much fun

HaveFunInTheSun. You're on my list next to YangFuShang. Blame me for getting camped while you stroke your **** playing PvE? Have fun getting trolled if you can even get in my games on my mains low elo scrub.

Trash.

edit: yousuck

doubleedit: #uralsougly

tripleedit: #16chardumpsonu

quadraedit: #urmom

pentaedit: #idtapuinsmashtoo
this man pooped on my team with monkey guy he is best

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
number 1 garen top lane

plays pve farm lane against riven, pushes lane constantly, gets inhib all by himself by 20 minutes

i salute you fearless warrior

Player-3

Smash Hero
havefuninthesun i carried that guy with malphite mid last season while he fed relentlessly did he make it to plat?? dat was at like 1500

Vyke

Smash Champion
So, I give League lessons now. Anyone interested should PM me!

Anyone not interested can feel free to spam me PMs with those damned pony emotes that Espy is so fond of lol.

Help a dreadfully poor fellow Smasher out ;P

Also P3, I definitely agree that Draven is ridiculously good. His base damage is through the roof and the fact that his passive stacks kind of puts him in the OP category IMO.

Edit: Come to think of it... Kha'Zix passive should stack! LOL.
You don't fool me Dekar. You're a wolf in sheep's clothing! IT'S ALL A LIE

Has anyone else noticed when Kiko (Or anyone that hardly posts comes in to **** talk lol) like 3 more people that lurk and never post worm their 1-post-every-3-months into the same page?

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Why has no one really noticed that Zyra is still really really strong mid?

Sure she has a few nasty counters.

But her burst is insane and she stays relevant late game too.

Got my 1st Penta with her too.

Enemy team facecheck a bush with 4 plants in it and I just combo them all to death.

Top Bottom