• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
It's ok, I'm sure at least some of them did. I just played Shen again (why not) and it was meh... did ok laning but their Kayle somehow got fed and became an unstoppable monster. It's really scary. Also my team was TERRIBLE at positioning and kept getting i the stupidest teamfights. I didn't even have time to ult them.

What are some good builds on Shen? He's pretty fun to play, I might get him... maybe, since he's always banned. I assume Rylai's is decent on him, but maybe not.

Turazrok

Smash Master
I never really bought into the elo hell thing. Now I Do. However, I still think I make some mistakes, yet I understand how frustrating it is to consistently get your ad double kills and watch him lose lane.

Also a dude left midgame to wash his dog lol.

Edit: Trying to be rational about this, what elo do I play like? (Directed at the guys who have played with me.)

Because I want to be sure I don't just think I'm better than I am. :/

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Nautilus is so scary to play against.

The guy is huge.

Has anyone seen a Lulu empowered full stacks Cho Gath yet?

I really want to see how huge he becomes.

There is no man who would not run from that.

D

Deleted member

Nautilus is so scary to play against.

The guy is huge.

Has anyone seen a Lulu empowered full stacks Cho Gath yet?

I really want to see how huge he becomes.

There is no man who would not run from that.
nothing happens

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Just won my 1st ranked game.

I got DC'D at the start for 4 mins, came in and stole a double kill that was about to be gotten by our Shaco Jungler.

Caught up fairly well after that hahahaha.

Ashe crit passive is pretty damn good for early fights.

Edit: NOTHING HAPPENS?!

Flayl

Smash Hero
If dota 2 ends up the most popular, then it'll end up with the same community lol has. I'll just stay with whats most popular.
Do you guys know why DotA became so popular among Warcraft 3 players in the first place?

I'll bet 10 bucks League of Legends will be the most popular of the two.

Turazrok

Smash Master
Does no one else hate that nearly every character in DotA2 has a passive for a skill and that tons of their skills are RNG based?
Does anyone hate that in league every character has a get out of jail free card? Take the good with the bad leacero.

:phone:

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
I wish customs in LoL could have the option to be more sandbox-like.
I'd love to put multiples of the same champ on the same team or be able to create builds without needing to wait so long for the gold.

Frolossus

Smash Lord
what dota 2 did right was convincing all the dota 1 players here and particularly in asia to switch to dota 2
starcraft tried and failed to do this because blizzard is terrible at giving customers what they want out of their games

league of legends is large enough at this point to probably not be impacted too much by the release of dota 2. look at what happened to WoW, many many games came out that were supposed to kill it off but a fair number of people are still playing it today

personally i'm waiting for mortred/PL to be ported before i decide which game to play more. i don't think that i could pick one over the other because both games have heroes that i enjoy playing that don't exist in the other

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Is Dota2 changing anything from Dota 1? All the items and stuff looked the same when I played it. LoL's itemization makes more sense to me... in DotA, if you're a caster, you usually fall off HARD lategame because there is no such thing as AP. On the other hand, casters are generally good at getting kills early and giving the advantage that way, I guess.
Do you guys know why DotA became so popular among Warcraft 3 players in the first place?

I'll bet 10 bucks League of Legends will be the most popular of the two.
Why? Because it was easier than the actual ladder?

Frolossus

Smash Lord
Is Dota2 changing anything from Dota 1? All the items and stuff looked the same when I played it. LoL's itemization makes more sense to me... in DotA, if you're a caster, you usually fall off HARD lategame because there is no such thing as AP. On the other hand, casters are generally good at getting kills early and giving the advantage that way, I guess.
Why? Because it was easier than the actual ladder?
dota 2 is intended to be an almost perfect port of the game to the valve source engine
they've updated the shop a little bit but all of the items and eventually heroes are supposed to be the same

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
The are some very small differences for things that only happened because of the WC3 engine. For instance in DotA you can't proc crits and a few other things while using phase boots, but in DotA 2 you can. There's also some other silly things that are gone like an extremely small window in which you could use certain transformation skills in DotA that would make you dodge a disable for a very, very brief window and that is now gone. Additionally the map is slightly smaller.

But other than that it's intended to be just about a 1:1 port.

Also there's no reason you have to choose one game over the other, if you enjoy both games play both, if you don't play what you enjoy. Games are supposed to be fun, so have fun.

Leacero

Smash Lord
Does anyone hate that in league every character has a get out of jail free card? Take the good with the bad leacero.

No seriously, people DO find this a problem right? There is just SO much RNG in that game. It's not comparable to "every character in league having a get out of jail free card." Passives that just add mana regen or +agility doesn't really add much to the gameplay, nor does a passive to do a 25% stun or a 25% dodge, or a skill that does 200-400 damage.

I would like to add that I do have fun playing it, so I'm not bashing it or anything for the DotA fanboys in the thread, but I'm just pointing out some design issues I don't like about the game.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I think the people that play that game have just accepted it along with the billion second stuns. It's part of the game.

LoL likes to nerf things to balance, DotA puts in ridiculous items to balance.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Galio, maybe? Though Galio has a finite mana pool, so he might lose eventually.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Morde kinda blows early early game. People like Garen give him the naughty business for awhile. Pantheon probably ****s on him too if you're not a poon.

Coney

Smash Master
Does Morde lose any top MU's?
Plenty. Pretty much anyone who ramps up before he does (around level 4) and can harass him hard before he gets Revolver. Before that, everything he does hurts him, and if you can take out the standard 3 pots (most will start boots pots) then he'll be ****ed. Also very susceptible to early ganks, with no cc.

Riven is probably his hardest MU, Rumble does really good against him from what I've seen, and I imagine Renekton would absolutely murder him, just to mention a few. He's probably a better mid than a top nowadays.

Jen =3

Smash Cadet
Hi, I like League :3 I like to ruin my brother's win game streaks, but he loves me so he still lets me play (:

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
No seriously, people DO find this a problem right? There is just SO much RNG in that game. It's not comparable to "every character in league having a get out of jail free card." Passives that just add mana regen or +agility doesn't really add much to the gameplay, nor does a passive to do a 25% stun or a 25% dodge, or a skill that does 200-400 damage.
The only passive that just adds mana regen is a global that allows your teammates to alter their item builds or play differently, so I'd say it adds quite a bit to the gameplay. There is a lot of RNG, but there's also still crit picked up on virtually every AD in league, so I don't know if it's as huge of a difference as you make it seem.

It's clear that you're already content in playing with some RNG in a game, it's just a matter of how much you'll tolerate I suppose.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
It doesn't seem to me like every character has a "get out of jail free card." What abilities would constitute this (something like Tryndamere's ult?), and couldn't you just counter it anyways.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I wish customs in LoL could have the option to be more sandbox-like.
I'd love to put multiples of the same champ on the same team or be able to create builds without needing to wait so long for the gold.
This is something I was talking about earlier in the thread. It'd be an awesome idea to be able to customize **** like this.

I wish Mordekaiser had an escape.

I think the people that play that game have just accepted it along with the billion second stuns. It's part of the game.

LoL likes to nerf things to balance, DotA puts in ridiculous items to balance.
So DotA is just Brawl Minus? :applejack:

voorhese

Smash Master
Really? LoL is really that bad in comparison? I would think not. The difference is that brawl can't even stand as a good game on it's own regardless if melee existed or not, while I feel that LoL could with out DotA.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
What Espy said.

Also, flash isn't a get out of jail free card that "every character has." It's not a built in escape, I mean. It's something you can have, but someone like Morde doesn't have anything else.

The idea of everyone having an escape card is very appealing, though. Makes you think more carefully about how you initiate on them, how they are to use that escape, etc. Adds more depth, in my opinion.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
Really? LoL is really that bad in comparison? I would think not. The difference is that brawl can't even stand as a good game on it's own regardless if melee existed or not, while I feel that LoL could with out DotA.
Not particularly, I just find it a much more apt analogy if you're going to try to use smash, rather than saying that DotA is like Brawl Plus. But also to the extent that LoL is a more defensive based game with a bit less action.

Anyway, that's pretty offtrack at this point. If you want to talk any further about it just shoot me a PM.

Top Bottom