• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

jpak

Smash Lord
you probably won't be able to spectate cause they want you to watch the stream

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
They are, they disabled spectators against 4not yesterday and nhat was sad cause he was gonna spectate it on livestream and commentate on it ahaha

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Thinking of getting into LoL. Currently undergoing a data overload in the getting started section. Help?
Have you played a tutorial game yet? It's an option in the giant PLAY button when you log in. It's what I did when I first started, explains the basics pretty well. Some others in the thread probably know how to get you started better than me.

What's your experience/knowledge about this type of game?

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
derp, i should probably check out a tutrial game

little to no experience with action RTS's (closest ive gotten is casually playing strategy RTS's like age of empires 2) , but I understand the basics of "5 on 5 match, cpu controlled minions and towers and ****, destroy their base before they destroy yours"

im more curious about being able to understand what people are saying when they talk about the different classes of character, how to translate what the people in this thread are saying into english, etc.

ill come back when ive done a few tutorial games

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Streamer for for jpak game just said nautilus is terrible in lane. Teach him your ways Phantomx.
Waste of effort, most streamers are pretty unintelligent/uninformed as far as understanding of this game, sadly.

EDIT: Although Kennen isn't the best opponent for lane Naut :p

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Is it just me, or is Nautilus ult pretty much just a more reliable version of Fizz? Probably does less damage than Fizz, but guaranteed to land and has a stun at the end...

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
They have the same base damage but Naut ult has 0.2 less AP ratio. However, it is targeted, doesn't just hit the first thing in the way. However, Fizz has more overall damage (on a single target) b/c of his W.

@Faithkeeper, it does damage to everyone it passes through, so it kind of does. It's not that reliable AoE damage, but neither is Fizz's ult.

Also, AL getting BODIED.

Vyke

Smash Champion
Tough digs, Jpak. Took it to game 3 at least.

On another note, I really like the guy who casted your games. Smooth guy.

Jazriel

Smash Ace
I don't remember LoL being so easy to determine the winner solely by hero picks. Is it just me or is that how the game seems right now?

Player-3

Smash Hero
hmm, a thread that says exactly what i said and got heavily upvoted.

confirming my suspicions about the validity of the opinions of some of the people in this thread
I'm not saying anything except trusting the intelligence of the general discussion forums is usually not a brilliant idea

D

Deleted member

I don't remember LoL being so easy to determine the winner solely by hero picks. Is it just me or is that how the game seems right now?
nah despite team comps i find that feeding has more of an impact

Kira-

Smash Champion
game is only like that if you're getting invited to IEM

otherwise you're too bad for it to matter

you're complaining about Fox when you can't even L cancel

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
It sucks when you see Udyr go to your red, ping it, type it, and not a single soul from mid or top goes to help you get him. :applejack:

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Its sad when no one on the other team made more gold than the support of your team...

I always wanted to see Karthus and Soraka on the same team, finally did :D throw in Ashe, Kennen, and Riven ult and we got ourselves a very silly team. It was a surrender at 20 :s quite sad cause the game was so fun with all the global pressure. Looking at it, they had Shen and Nocturne for global pressure :o but the power of R too stronk
I did this yesterday too!

Soraka and Karthus on the same team is tons of fun haha.

In fact we had the exact same team composition except swap Ashe for Graves.

Jazriel

Smash Ace
game is only like that if you're getting invited to IEM

otherwise you're too bad for it to matter

you're complaining about Fox when you can't even L cancel

Idk, if it's obvious in low-level play wouldn't higher-level play only exacerbate the issue?

Looking at a team comp and knowing that neither team is yomi-ahead enough to actually go beyond the basic strategies; if the basic strategy indicates one team will win based on hero picks alone, doesn't seem like something that's invalid simply because of the Elo environment I'm in.

Then again captain didn't ban soraka like I asked and we got ***** due to mid-game pushes even though were were up like 7-2 for the early game. Maybe it's just Soraka and Ryze. *Shrugs*

Also, Ryze is ridiculous. Got ***** in lane by my Ahri and our Jarvan jungler ganks 0-4, dominated team fights going into the midgame, and basically 1-shot me for the rest of the game. And I'm pretty sure he was running a very heavy hp/lvl page since he had 1 dring to my 2, and still had 200 more hp than I did.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Idk, if it's obvious in low-level play wouldn't higher-level play only exacerbate the issue?

Looking at a team comp and knowing that neither team is yomi-ahead enough to actually go beyond the basic strategies; if the basic strategy indicates one team will win based on hero picks alone, doesn't seem like something that's invalid simply because of the Elo environment I'm in.

Then again captain didn't ban soraka like I asked and we got ***** due to mid-game pushes even though were were up like 7-2 for the early game. Maybe it's just Soraka and Ryze. *Shrugs*

Also, Ryze is ridiculous. Got ***** in lane by my Ahri and our Jarvan jungler ganks 0-4, dominated team fights going into the midgame, and basically 1-shot me for the rest of the game. And I'm pretty sure he was running a very heavy hp/lvl page since he had 1 dring to my 2, and still had 200 more hp than I did.
I remember reading somewhere that Ahri has the 3rd lowest base health or something like that, not positive though.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
there is some weight in champ picks, but it depends mostly on skill still. Like you could have the better team fight team, but if you don't have the skill to position or coordinate properly then you'll still lose.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
there is some weight in champ picks, but it depends mostly on skill still. Like you could have the better team fight team, but if you don't have the skill to position or coordinate properly then you'll still lose.
In solo-queue, it's vice versa from what I've seen.

Just had a game where individually and lane wise everyone was destroying or going even. But then in a teamfight we were getting stomped.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
At high level play team comps can absolutely decide a game before they happen (given everyone plays up to par), but at lower levels it matters less (usually here one champ dominating/one person feeding like crazy/getting caught decides the game).

Although the AoE R to win comps are difficult for people at lower levels to deal with as well, so there's that.

Top Bottom