• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
Do you get more IP at level 30, since you're no longer getting experience? /wishful thinking
Do you get more IP from ranked games than normals? I don't see why you would.

I've been looking at the LoL general forums and I see lots of complaint about ELO hell :bee:
nope to both!

Frolossus

Smash Lord
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2069788

how are you supposed to know who counters what? I'm sure this thread makes sense to players that have months/years of competitive experience, but I have no idea why x would be weak against y specifically.
in that instance, ganking junglers like maokai are usually countered by fast clearers like mundo or shyvanna cause you can invade his jungle and steal all his camps as soon as they spawn and he falls behind

generally you can figure out what counters what by comparing 2 heroes strong points and seeing what should be effective vs the other guy

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Oh. I didn't realize Maokai was a "ganking" type. Does Mundo being a faster clearer also imply that he isn't a ganking type himself?

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Ranked actually does give slightly more IP than normals, but the amount is not exactly an appreciable difference (like 10-15 per game or something I think).

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Last week the usual SA group kept playing and winning games.
This week Espy and I played about 4 or 5 games and lost each of them around... Thursday I think.

But I won two games as Twisted Fate... I'm really loving AP mid.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
is that a yes? lol

by the way my lag problems seem to have disappeared, so i'm recording my games now.

won my last game 3/0/7 so you guys probably aren't interested in seeing that

but if i lose an unfair game maybe i'll upload for you guys to "critique"
think about it like this, bro.

5 slots
each slot is ranked 1-9 in terms of skill level
1 is feeder/leaver while 9 is redonkulous carry
every person who plays Ranked has their own skill level
when you join a game the 4 leftover slots are randomized in skill level; there is nothing you can do to control this. you must accept this
your goal is to increase your own skill level to 9 to increase the possibility of you carrying the other 4 slots
you cannot carry every game
you can carry some games
you will be carried in other games
elo is based on consistency
if you consistently play at a lvl that's close to 9 your chances of moving up ladder increase
if you consistently play at a lvl that's close to 1 your chances of moving up ladder decreases
the randomization of your team's lvl involves luck, but as you move up the ladder the consistency of your team's skill level will slowly level out
occassionally there will be horribad teammates at high elo as well as super carries. same rule applies

that's pretty much it. winning 10 times in a row doesn't mean nothing if your own skill level isn't high. you may have gotten lucky those 10 games by having decent teammates, carries, or you carried. that's why it's possible to lose 10 games in a row right after. eventually, there becomes a skill level where a player can carry certain levels of elo. that's your minimum. i may be able to carry a 1000 ELO game whereas you may be able to carry a 1100 ELO so on and so forth. but if you are playing at an extremely high level the most amount of times there is a high chance that your current ELO will reflect that skill even with the uncontrolled variables involved

tl;dr: if u lose then you lose. doesn't mean you played bad. if you win you win. doesn't mean you played good. take W's and L's for a grain a salt and focus solely on your own skill level. if you are doing that properly than everything else will fall into place

Edit: there are things you can improve on from games Won and games Lost. there's simply a higher chance that there is more that you can learn from a game lost because personal flaws or mistakes can be masked by your other teammates ability to carry

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I like to do a checklist like this for me:

Did I cs good? (compare Cs with everyone)
Is my team presence good? (amount of Kill and assists)
Did i die too much? (deaths compared to the rest of my team)
Did I win my lane? (compare CS with the one i'm laning against and kills and death)

Cia

das kwl
New DFG on Katarina. Yay or Nay?

Pros

- Builds from Kage's Lucky Pick. Free gp10
- Great early - mid game burst. I'm thinking it'll be waaay easier to bring someone from 100 to 0. (Like lb :D)
- Will DFG still give CDR? if so, HUGE PLUS.

Cons

- Would be MUST RUSH item. The benefits of the item are best early, but this would delay Katarina's staple utility items (Gunblade, Rylai's)
- Kat would be pretty squishy with this route.

-----

This is just speculation. Won't know for sure til I actually try it. I want to know what others think tho.

Frolossus

Smash Lord
Pros

- Builds from Kage's Lucky Pick. Free gp10
- Great early - mid game burst. I'm thinking it'll be waaay easier to bring someone from 100 to 0. (Like lb :D)
- Will DFG still give CDR? if so, HUGE PLUS.

Cons

- Would be MUST RUSH item. The benefits of the item are best early, but this would delay Katarina's staple utility items (Gunblade, Rylai's)
- Kat would be pretty squishy with this route.

-----

This is just speculation. Won't know for sure til I actually try it. I want to know what others think tho.
i think the choice boils down to gunblade vs dfg in which gunblade has more spell damage + utility

don't anticipate needing to build dfg unless it helps with bruisers a lot more

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
>draft mode
>my turn to pick
>pvpnet instantly crashes
>now i have to wait 6 minutes

are you ****ing kidding me.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
So I've been seeing this meta mix up with ranged carry + support MIDDLE and I gotta say, it makes a lot of sense with the way the meta has gone in recent times.

It allows the support to actually have map-wide presence from the get go, which is extremely important in such a 'counter jungling' action paced game strat going on. It also weakens jungler camping bot with pinks/oracles with a pretty safe top (i.e. riven/kennen).

I've been running twitch as ranged ad again and honestly I think he's on a completely viable level and at the same time completely cheesy still. Twitch's mechanics are just so competitively obscene that it really all comes down to "ensure twitch gets an IE asap" and you have a character fully capable of pentas in any dragon, baron or jungle fight within 4-5 seconds (I don't think many ranged ADs have the same damage output/positioning power available to them as twitch from level 13 [mostly the damage part, blinkers positioning OP]). Caitlyn and Graves being nerfed so many times really cuts down his in lane issues (Trist is still a problem though), and they're even further cut down by various mid hijinx and appropriate bans (udyr/lee sin, get or ban kennen).

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
It takes 5 hours for your AP to get blue buff if you're on blue team, though.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I've been wondering if it would be a legitimate strat for mid and bot to switch at some point in the game. Or rather, just have the support and mid switch.

Probably bad example: cassiopeia mid, gets to level 6, switches with soraka bot or whoever, becomes a major harass/kill lane bot and the support gets to farm for a bit. Only problems I can see with this is that the support might have trouble against the mid, but I imagine the AD carry + AP carry bot would give the other team more trouble than that.

Do people ever switch lanes at high levels of play, or is it set "you will do this until x point in the game?"

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
think about it like this, bro.

5 slots
each slot is ranked 1-9 in terms of skill level
1 is feeder/leaver while 9 is redonkulous carry
every person who plays Ranked has their own skill level
when you join a game the 4 leftover slots are randomized in skill level; there is nothing you can do to control this. you must accept this
your goal is to increase your own skill level to 9 to increase the possibility of you carrying the other 4 slots
you cannot carry every game
you can carry some games
you will be carried in other games
elo is based on consistency
if you consistently play at a lvl that's close to 9 your chances of moving up ladder increase
if you consistently play at a lvl that's close to 1 your chances of moving up ladder decreases
the randomization of your team's lvl involves luck, but as you move up the ladder the consistency of your team's skill level will slowly level out
occassionally there will be horribad teammates at high elo as well as super carries. same rule applies

that's pretty much it. winning 10 times in a row doesn't mean nothing if your own skill level isn't high. you may have gotten lucky those 10 games by having decent teammates, carries, or you carried. that's why it's possible to lose 10 games in a row right after. eventually, there becomes a skill level where a player can carry certain levels of elo. that's your minimum. i may be able to carry a 1000 ELO game whereas you may be able to carry a 1100 ELO so on and so forth. but if you are playing at an extremely high level the most amount of times there is a high chance that your current ELO will reflect that skill even with the uncontrolled variables involved

tl;dr: if u lose then you lose. doesn't mean you played bad. if you win you win. doesn't mean you played good. take W's and L's for a grain a salt and focus solely on your own skill level. if you are doing that properly than everything else will fall into place

Edit: there are things you can improve on from games Won and games Lost. there's simply a higher chance that there is more that you can learn from a game lost because personal flaws or mistakes can be masked by your other teammates ability to carry
This was a pretty good post.

Kinda inspiring.

9 would be pretty sweet. xD

Kira-

Smash Champion
i just don't get it.

last weekend i win 80% of my games

this weekend i lose 80% of my games

same elo, same champion

does this happen to anyone else??
I think the biggest problem is

you're complaining kinda like,

if your mom kept buying spanish rice

but you wanted japanese rice. BUT MY MOM JUST DOESN'T GET IT. WHY DOESNT SHE JUST BUY THIS RICE I HATE SPANISH RICE

WHY DOESN'T SHE UNDERSSTAND ONCE SHE GOT IT AND IT WAS GREAT AND SHE NEVER GETS IT AGAIN OMG WHY IS MY MOM LIKE THIS IS ANYONE ELSES MOM LIKE THIS

and the thing is, yes, most moms are like this, but even if they weren't, literally nobody would care

Leacero

Smash Lord

but you wanted japanese rice. BUT MY MOM JUST DOESN'T GET IT. WHY DOESNT SHE JUST BUY THIS RICE I HATE SPANISH RICE

WHY DOESN'T SHE UNDERSSTAND ONCE SHE GOT IT AND IT WAS GREAT AND SHE NEVER GETS IT AGAIN OMG WHY IS MY MOM LIKE THIS IS ANYONE ELSES MOM LIKE THIS

and the thing is, yes, most moms are like this, but even if they weren't, literally nobody would care
this made me chuckle, upvoted.

john!

Smash Hero

i'm not sure how good this advice is but it made me laugh anyway so +1 :bee:

D

Deleted member

I'm gonna ask some cho gath stuff then, because he's one of my fav champions.
Like what do you use for runes, because I'm quite addicted to Mspd quints (dunno if I should keep or replace them) and I have a hard time choosing between mpen or aspd marks and mr/lvl or flat cdr glyphs.
i refuse to use anything besides movespeed quints

magic pen reds

IF VS AP:

mr per level yellow, flat mr blue

IF VS AD: flat armor yellow/blue

attack speed is MEH, your W's which u should be maxing first and NO magic pen reds makes ur W's (and E spikes also) pretty weak

i'd rather have more MR or ARMOR for blues over cdr, especially because having high cdr is core in my build anyways

Jem.

Smash Master
why would you only play one champion in ranked or the same one? The idea is to best fit your team. Not be that guy who instantly goes in "I WANT FIRST PICK TOP IDC IF I GET COUNTERED IM GOOD WITH THIS CHAMP" Obviously you just want to not be support to gain elo pretty much. But just locking into whatever you want isnt always the best idea. Being good with like ~10 champs for mid/top/jungle/and a couple AD's is prime.

D

Deleted member

because i like playing them

and i first pick chogath all the time and still climb..

Jem.

Smash Master
i dunno, I guess the answer is if you feel youre playing at the same level, X champ doesnt always fit in to X team comp, and then theres the random variable of really bad players who either get carried or consistently suck or a good player having a rough game XD

Kira-

Smash Champion
i think the answer is

if you're good

it dont matter who you play

edit - also nobody is good with every role, you're 100% lying if you can play every role

if pros are only good with 1 role, how many are you good with?

Lovage

Smash Hero
johnny's secret is cho and alistar are both insanely versatile heros that work with every comp and are the best at a CATCHING playstyle which is what solo que is all about

Top Bottom