• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Can I get a link to some of the recent games?
I barely remember to save the websites as is... :( :applejack:

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
Top lane Shyvana question.

So let's assume the enemy team is cc heavy but low on ap, how good/bad would it be to sub Wit's for PD assuming I grab QSS over FoN? I feel like 395 movespeed isn't quite enough get to carries fast enough. Sure I have burnout, but I would prefer to pop that once I'm on the carry so that I can keep it up.

Sidenote, would it kill Riot to give Shyvana cc immunity when she ults? I've been counter-dunked so many ****ing times and it makes me rage really hard.
Please ?

jpak

Smash Lord
tsm claims NA LoL scene is weak and there is no real competition
-> proceeds to lose their past 3 tournaments to 3 different NA teams

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
AP Kog has to be treated like Anivia in how hard you have to work to take their blue. They are both a pain with it, but very manageable without.

I also feel like AP Kog doesn't get absolutely ******** until about level 11.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Right now I think trm is actually their strongest player by a margin. The only problem is that he plays top lane so its hard for him to do anything. The rest of his team is weak so you can just focus early resources on trm.
Regi is far too aggressive and other players have clearly learned how to deal with his playstyle.
Oddone is just mediocre all around lately and he gets out jungled pretty hard by other junglers. If Nunu could aoe jungle he would be good again... but his playstyle doesn't really hit the new jungle.
Xpecial and Chaox, hmmm. I usually like Xpecial's play but Chaox is just on like constant tilt now. He's obsessed with certain champs that he can't even win with. Xpecial can only do so much to make up for Chaox, and I think Chaox is really letting them get outplayed bot.
With the rest of his team doing really poorly there really isn't any reason to just camp top lane early game. Shut down their best player, and once top lane gets behind there's nothing he can do to get back. There's zero presence from Oddone period pretty much, and Regi can't even handle his own ****, so its just trm stranded by himself.

Watching the few scrims that they put up leading up to Hanover, of the few they won (they lost a vast majority of their scrims) it was basically always trm going wide shoulder mode and carrying Oddone and Regi with hopefully Xpecial and Chaox not ****ing up too badly. There's just no reason for the other team to not focus on trm right now, and then he's the one who has to shoulder all the blame from the rest of his team's rage.

Lovage

Smash Hero
hbj page 1 on the ladder at 25-7
pretty satisfied with this (even tho 5's are pretty weak overall this season)

Xaltis

Smash Hero
Question. After I record a match with LoL replay recorder. How do I upload that replay to youtube? Youtube doesn't recognize the file type. Do I need to convert it? o.o

D

Deleted member

i believe u have to record over the recording with fraps

the reason why u use lol recorder though is cuz it barely uses resources while recording with fraps while playing loL takes a lot

Xaltis

Smash Hero
i believe u have to record over the recording with fraps

the reason why u use lol recorder though is cuz it barely uses resources while recording with fraps while playing loL takes a lot
I saw that too. I can't find any working link or download for fraps or wegame. Actually I got wegame downloaded but it just doesn't work. -_-

jpak

Smash Lord
5s will be more active/competitive when CLG's tournament comeback where seeding is based off ranked 5s ranking

Tmacc

Smash Lord
LOL WHY DOES EVERYONE THINK IM TROLLING WHEN I PICK ORIANNA?

Doesn't matter, I get 250 cs by 30 without trying and **** their mid, and control the enemy jungle pretty well....then carry hard at 40 minutes late game.

Seriously though, why do people think I'm trolling when I pick her? Is it bc 1400 elo people are complete tards?

...probably.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
There are a lot of strong characters that no one ever use that people will yell at you for for using.
Moral of the story? You gotta be banking on the entire team not going 'trollololololol'.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
"It's ok guys, we nerfed Shen's vorpal heal a little and his base armor, he's fine now."

CLG vs Crs Rd 2 for game of the year. Can't even go to sleep.

SuperBowser

Smash Lord

Doesn't matter, I get 250 cs by 30 without trying and **** their mid, and control the enemy jungle pretty well....then carry hard at 40 minutes late game.

Seriously though, why do people think I'm trolling when I pick her? Is it bc 1400 elo people are complete tards?

...probably.
When I don't play support, my mains are katarina, teemo, herimerdinger, caitlyn and nidalee. I just accept people will call me troll at the champ select screen now.

Normally I don't mind when people take unusual picks for ranked games (unless somebody plain counterpicks themselves). Chances are they will at least play well with their champs.

Lovage

Smash Hero
5s will be more active/competitive when CLG's tournament comeback where seeding is based off ranked 5s ranking
super looking forward to this! if people take it serious/work hard to qualify, the competition in 5's is gonna be insane. super easy time to improve at the game w/ a competitive team.

DUB

Smash Lord
I'm not impressed with Regi at all lately. Watching all the random kegs and flash body slamming into morg ults just didn't seem like he was on point.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
Quick Ryze questions

1. build? yesterday they went boot+ pots -> tear -> catalyst -> BV or Frozen heart -> BV or Frozen heart (whichever i didn't build first) and then ???

like I was kinda lost after that. so it seems like a mix of WoTA Rylais or Voidstaff could be plugged in there. (idk)

and what quints? (I was using move quints because the only other ones I thought were remotely good was magic Pen quints)

and lastly

Manamune? (if that game was going THAT good) wouldn't that help me like obliterate towers while still having strong Spells?

jpak

Smash Lord
i think ill try playing a little bit of roam support with taric and janna

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Ryze good with movement quints. Those are probably his best quints overall. Depending on what lane/MU you get, you can also run resistance. Being fast with him though is always good. Easier to land QW instead of having to snare them before they get away, easier to run away/avoid harass in lane, etc.

If you have Tear Banshee and FH, Wota sounds fine. You can leave Tear alone for 95% of games, and if it goes on long enough you can upgrade it as last or second to last item. You also might like getting a revolver sometime after completing your first big item if the other spectrum doesn't look that threatening. Or once you have the MR/Armor part for the item, getting revolver before completing it. You don't have to rush BV AND FH every game even if they will be good items on him lol.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
@Vyke I build that like...last and usually by that time the game is over

@DMG so you don't think Spell Vamp quint + 9/0/21 masteries set up to grab the spell vamp is worth it?

also for the games I played with him yesterday I didn't get FH too early. I got glacial shroud and then upgraded when either 1. it was necessary 2. it was the cheapest thing to upgrade.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
@Vyke I build that like...last and usually by that time the game is over

@DMG so you don't think Spell Vamp quint + 9/0/21 masteries set up to grab the spell vamp is worth it?

also for the games I played with him yesterday I didn't get FH too early. I got glacial shroud and then upgraded when either 1. it was necessary 2. it was the cheapest thing to upgrade.
Spell vamp quints not worth it on Ryze. MVS much better. Faster you are, the easier it is to keep up with people and keep comboing them, and the easier it is to catch them in the first place without blowing flash or needing someone else to go in. Being able to do that makes up for not taking spell vamp, and it's not "out of the way" to get Wota or Revolver for that purpose either.

go 9/0/21 but dont use spell vamp quints

I dunno about 21 utilty on Ryze. Past 9 points, what else is worth it besides 6% CDR and the last point? I'd rather go 21 defense. Idk.

I hear buying elixirs is more important than buying Archangel's on Ryze.
Sorta. There's no point in upgrading to AA staff until VERY late into the game, and you can definitely take advantage of elixers beforehand. However you're also probably wasting the CDR part for a lot of the game if you have Blue Buff/levels in Q.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend

...probably.
People think you're trolling when you pick a bad character and she's generally perceived as bad.

Not really a fan myself.

Vyke

Smash Champion
There are no bad characters, they all have time to shine eventually.

EXCEPT EVE

rework is a myth

a MYTH

(I don't care if she was good a year ago SHUT UP)

Flayl

Smash Hero
I dunno about 21 utilty on Ryze. Past 9 points, what else is worth it besides 6% CDR and the last point? I'd rather go 21 defense. Idk.
Health regen based on your maximum mana and experience bonus.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
It's only 1% if you put in 3 points. Putting in 3 points will also put you past 21 if you plan on getting full CDR from the tree.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
I mean by mid game you are sitting on around 3000-3500 mana...an extra 30+ regen per 5 IN THEORY sounds like a lot of regen to me. (could be wrong)

I know I don't have the full CDR in my runes for ryze I think. I cap out pretty quick with Blue + Elixir + Q as is. (and the CDR from the offense tree)

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
There are no bad characters, they all have time to shine eventually.

EXCEPT EVE

rework is a myth

a MYTH

(I don't care if she was good a year ago SHUT UP)
I wish Eve got reworked.
I love playing as her. :applejack:

Top Bottom