• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Revive Smite Eve was NOT fun at all

For either team

Flayl

Smash Hero
I mean by mid game you are sitting on around 3000-3500 mana...an extra 30+ regen per 5 IN THEORY sounds like a lot of regen to me. (could be wrong)

I know I don't have the full CDR in my runes for ryze I think. I cap out pretty quick with Blue + Elixir + Q as is. (and the CDR from the offense tree)
Yeah Ryze needs the least help from the utility cdr. You can stay at 9/0/21 with 6% CDR.
I mean, you're always going to build glacial shroud (15%)
Q level 5 is is 10%
That means 9% left, 4% if you get Frozen Heart

You don't even need blue mid-late game but chances are you're still the champ that benefits the most from it if you're mid

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
You don't need hp regen past laning phase and no need to get spell penetration if you go tanky. Think about this, if you cast 10 spells with 10% pen isnt that the equavilent of 11 spells with no pen? I personally go 0-21-9 (9 in utility for extra mana, ms and buff durations). By going bulky you can cast more spells, and if mr a big deal just grab a void staff. Also Starting off with 400 ms with boots at lvl 1 usually allows you to harass the person you're laning against with little to no retaliation back.

:phone:

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
You don't need hp regen past laning phase and no need to get spell penetration if you go tanky. Think about this, if you cast 10 spells with 10% pen isnt that the equavilent of 11 spells with no pen? I personally go 0-21-9 (9 in utility for extra mana, ms and buff durations). Starting off with 400 ms with boots at lvl 1 usually allows you to harass the person you're laning against with little to no retaliation back.

deal lord no, if 10% pen was like a 10% increase in damage, that would be insanely strong.

instead it's like,
3.4% more damage vs. 50 MRes
5.3% more damage vs. 100 MRes
7.1% more damage vs. 200 MRes

I still like 9/0/21 on Ryze, but I think you make a decent point for 21 defensive on Ryze. He's pretty mastery independent IMO, you can probably get away with any allocation of 30 points.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
I bought the Crystal Ryze skin (because I always have to have a skin)

its not as bad *** as I originally thought =/ got me riot. lol

and the crystal behind his back appears and disappears. idk if thats a glitch or not but I hope so. it looks dumb/

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Ew that Ryze skin is so ugly imo. I use Uncle Ryze/Professor Ryze myself.
As far as masteries go, hmmm. I really like the offense for the easier last hitting and Mpen, Utility you really only need 9 in for the mana, movespeed, and buff duration but going further is fine too. I should definitely tinker with defense tree. I wonder if a 9/12/9 would be any good, or is it just spreading the points too thinly?

Regarding the Manamune question you had earlier, I actually like it as a last item over AA myself. You get more damage on the AA, but its not like his ap scaling is so great that its a huuuge difference. With Manamune you get 200+ AD easily which makes your pushing really strong. You can kill waves extremely quickly with your ulti, and actually damage take down a tower quickly which is something Ryze is notably terrible at doing. You become a damn strong split pusher, especially because you need 2+ people at least to stop a Ryze.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
there are sites that let you view 3-d models of the skins

here's one i use (the formatting got messed up apparently but it still functions)

http://lol.zone.gamebase.com.tw/zone/lol/skin_view
**** YOU I ASKED FOR THIS LIKE 5 YEARS AGO AND EVERYONE JUST SKIPPED OVER IT!

thanks tho!

@plum yeah thats what I wanted to try. I'll definitely get to it when I get home if I don't get too submerged in SF x T

Edit: Actually that if they had made that Ryze Skin Blue it totally could've been Damien from Snowboard Kids 2

jpak

Smash Lord
they will be replacing the triumphant ryze skin with a different skin soon so go play and win a random tournament before it becomes unavailable!

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
I'm watching Dyrus stream and he hard randomed singed

so the other teams first pick was udyr (I guess counters singed)

so instead of singed going top he went bot vs Vayne and Soraka while Janna and Graves went top vs Udyr

this is viable?

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
I'm watching Dyrus stream and he hard randomed singed

so the other teams first pick was udyr (I guess counters singed)

so instead of singed going top he went bot vs Vayne and Soraka while Janna and Graves went top vs Udyr

this is viable?
dear lord no. Singed gets blown out by solo vayne ffs, he should get destroyed by Vayne + Soraka.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
well apparently that Soraka had horrible bush control.

he would farm a wave + get Golems when they were up then B and buy potions and bought ninja tabis

also the gameis pretty much over now. they shut down udyr top (with jungle help so he's mad useless right now) and Dyrus got a lot of farm to be out there doing a 2v1.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
deal lord no, if 10% pen was like a 10% increase in damage, that would be insanely strong.

instead it's like,
3.4% more damage vs. 50 MRes
5.3% more damage vs. 100 MRes
7.1% more damage vs. 200 MRes

I still like 9/0/21 on Ryze, but I think you make a decent point for 21 defensive on Ryze. He's pretty mastery independent IMO, you can probably get away with any allocation of 30 points.

Let's try 30 offense. Bonus crit damage no joke if he get manamune.

I like 21 defense on him because you get tanky **** and CC reduction. You can also get the CDR even though it's not upfront. With 9 in utility you still get mana flash boost regen/MVS and the buff duration increase.

dear lord no. Singed gets blown out by solo vayne ffs, he should get destroyed by Vayne + Soraka.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
well apparently that Soraka had horrible bush control.

he would farm a wave + get Golems when they were up then B and buy potions and bought ninja tabis

also the gameis pretty much over now. they shut down udyr top (with jungle help so he's mad useless right now) and Dyrus got a lot of farm to be out there doing a 2v1.
The Vayne was DCed at the beginning of the game so he got a few levels/some CS uncontested.

Cia

das kwl
Champs that have great escapes or skills to utilize it.

Most common champs I see with ghost over flash are:
Vladimir and Olaf XD.
I play ghost + ignite on katarina. Aside from myself, I've only ever seen one person do it. I like it because it makes tower diving mid that much easier. It also let's me keep on range for shunpo. Also good for catching those phantom dancer / trinity force carries.

Escaping ganks is already easy enough with shunpo.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
Well I got Fraps but its so weird. Recorded a LoL replay I had. The video file is avi and windows media player only shows it as sound I do have a different player that shows it as a video. Just trying to see if I can upload it to youtube but its taking long and like 0 progress on the upload...

Lovage

Smash Hero
sona is so awful now i was really shocked teams still tried picking her like they havn't played this game for 2 months

Vyke

Smash Champion
Did you actually get to play games against Eve back in the day?
Of course. I've been playing roughly since midway through 2010. I played when she was awful, saw her rise to popularity because of SorakaBot, and then saw her get mutilated with the nerf bat horrendously.

Master Raven

Smash Master
How do pushers do vs Kass? Would it be considered viable to constantly keep characters with weak pushing like him under their tower, as long as you have wards for protection, of course? I'm thinking about characters like TF and Morg who can farm safely from long distances out of Kass' Q range.

Lovage

Smash Hero
assassins like kass and leblanc are bad pushers that are picked because they have amazing ganking power and work as an anti-carry in teamfights. if you pick morde/tf/morgana or any super strong pusher, you can pretty much force them to stay under their tower the entire game past level 5 and force them to lose huge chunks of XP and gold if they choose to gank instead of farm at tower.

your CS will naturally be higher (assassins like lb/kass suck insane amounts of chode at cs'ing on tower,) you will have more presence on the map (can counterjungle/assist your jungler in counterjungling or gonk other lanes,) and overall be more of a benefit to your team.

so ya, i would def agree that strong pushers beat strong assassins, i attribute these push picks being the main cause of the fall-out of kass/lb in top level competitive matches.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I just found out that Talon's blink has 50 more range than Kass's silence

Top Bottom