• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
This x10. Fizz too stronk. Feeeeding Tiiiiiiime.
Definitely, I'm not even a good or experienced player, but I be making them players mad when I throw out my bait. >D Getting pretty good with him I dare say.

He is OP, SHHHH Riot doesn't know yet!

Xaltis

Smash Hero
Okay I just bought Warwick because I only have shaco as a jungler and need another one. Can anyone tell me all I need to know about Warick because I have never ever played him before.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I've been trying to jungle with him, and I can say is that he is incredibly easy to use without any runes or 30 masteries. Hungering Call lets you eat up monsters with very little damage with Cloth Armor, and five potions to cure the little you take.

He isn't very good at getting in and out of a fight though. I mean, Blood Scent when it gets some levels makes you run fast, and his ultimate basically teleports you to someone and suppresses them (which is good to catch a person off guard as the players there focus on him), but beyond that, he is a bit lacking in that.

I could be speaking from inexperience, but though the actual jungling is mind-numbingly simple, success in lanes is probably lesser than most champs, especially compared to Shaco.

Kira-

Smash Champion
Okay I just bought Warwick because I only have shaco as a jungler and need another one. Can anyone tell me all I need to know about Warick because I have never ever played him before.
easiest jungler

boots 3 for ganks

longsword pot for efficiency

wriggles wits end core

spirit visage aegis situational

glacial shroud alwayz

Get W lvl 1 then R > Q > E > W

take flash

dont initiate 5v5 fight with ult

the end

edited for stuff

Xaltis

Smash Hero
easiest jungler

boots 3 for ganks

longsword pot for efficiency

wriggles wits end core

spirit visage aegis situational

frozen heart alwayz

Get W lvl 1 then R > Q > E > W

always take flash

dont initiate 5v5 fight with ult

the end
Seems pretty easy to me. Thanks. The only other things I would ask is what runes/masterys do I use on him?

Kira-

Smash Champion
Seems pretty easy to me. Thanks. The only other things I would ask is what runes/masterys do I use on him?
dont know

21 in def for sure

i go atkspd, armor, mr/lvl, ms quints but they are not ideal

prob mag pen quints are better or flat dmg

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I'd suggest looking at Mobafire, that may be a superior place to look for ways to play a champion.

Kira-

Smash Champion
Oh I also forgot to ask if AP or AD Warwick is better. AD is better right?
there is no ap ww, his Q doesnt get better with ap

you can go CDR / Mpen to increase magic damage, aka glacial shroud, spirit visage, sorc shoes/void staff, not

i havent tried atmogs ww because every time i want to, trolls go nuts so i dont know how it is. but otherwise there arent any ad items people build on him, 97% of the time it is better to be tanky

but iono im bad at this game

Leacero

Smash Lord

you can go CDR / Mpen to increase magic damage, aka glacial shroud, spirit visage, sorc shoes/void staff, not

i havent tried atmogs ww because every time i want to, trolls go nuts so i dont know how it is. but otherwise there arent any ad items people build on him, 97% of the time it is better to be tanky
i'm pretty sure Q has a 1.0 ratio with AP, but that's his only AP scaling skill.

L__

Smash Master

but iono im bad at this game

Hungering Strike (Active): Strikes an enemy for the higher value between the flat magic damage and a percentage of the target's maximum health, and heals Warwick for 80% of the damage dealt. Minions and monsters can only be dealt the flat magic damage.
Range: 400
Cost: 70 / 80 / 90 / 100 / 110 mana
Cooldown: 10 / 9 / 8 / 7 / 6 seconds

Flat Magic Damage: 75 / 125 / 175 / 225 / 275 (+1.0 per ability power)

Maximum Health Percentage: 8 / 11 / 14 / 17 / 20%

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
w/ Warwick I go:
W
R > Q > E > W
until E is level 3 then W > E
cuz E gets a lot of range boost from 1 -> 3 but after 3 it doesn't get that much better so i level up W

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
Leblanc counters ahri right? I told our mid she did well, and leblanc goes 0/4 (only 1 gank from jungle) in lane and ends 2/13. The ahri said our leblanc played wrong in the after chat, but I didn't mean to bait my teammate into a terrible lane. :/

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Your Irelia feeds top

:3

lol

Dphat Jpak Im playing a full game goddangit stop messaging me

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
She Can't Ult out of the snare?

I don't really know all of Snares mechanics but I thought Free movement spells got you out of it. (like Alistars Headbutt)

Edit: I honestly think Annie wins a **** ton of mid lane matchups if you start boots + pots and know how to dodge well

to this day I don't think I've effectively lost mid to anyone but Morde and Sion.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
re: WW

Quints are basially a tossup. I like ArPen, but I spec differently than most. MS, AS, Armor, AD, G/10, Xp all probably are fine.

W > E. You can take a 2nd or 3rd point early in E if you like, but the AS increase and CD decrease on extra levels of W should not be overlooked.

I personally run 21/0/9. I don't think the defensive tree offers too much to WW and I like having the % pens for lategame and the other Offensive masteries for faster jungle clears. This is non standard though, most jerks run 0/21/9 on him. I mean, hell, I run 21/0/9 on Rammus, so this is probably just something about my playstyle.

Phage -> Mallet or Triforce is an excellent way to finish builds on WW, but typically you're set for midgame with wriggle's + wit's and at that point you just add Frozen Heart, Aegis, Spirit Visage, w/e to pad your defense, though a lot of top end WWs have just been rushing their Mallet post wit's for HP and the inescapability.

Bartolon

Smash Lord
The thing with annie is, to dominate lane you need to play aggressive, and her range on her spells isn't that big iirc. So that sets up jungle ganks for the other player.

Okuser

Smash Ace
Can someone crunch the numbers on rushing black cleaver? Seeing qtpie rush that item on every AD at Hannover has me curious.

It has all 3 stats that AD's require (except crit) attack speed, damage and penetration all at the correct ratio to the other stats. And it's cheap

And Annie, her Q out-trades absolutely EVERYTHING early, in damage and in cooldown. My friend who's around 1900 and mains Annie has this hyper-aggressive Annie playstyle that gets him a kill by lvl 3 a large amount of the time. And by 6 if he got firstblood he'll rush a needlessly and it's a garuntee instant KO at 6. It's ****ing crazy and it's really hard to deal with

And she's not 'easy' to gank by any means her Q and W range are huge and her auto range is one of the longest in the game and her E keeps her safe and high uptime stun keep the pesky kinglets away.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Can someone crunch the numbers on rushing black cleaver? Seeing qtpie rush that item on every AD at Hannover has me curious.

It has all 3 stats that AD's require (except crit) attack speed, damage and penetration all at the correct ratio to the other stats. And it's cheap

:phone:
It's good on Corki because the shredding + gatling is strong, but its numbers really taper off compared to IE/BT vs. high armor targets, especially when your build gets to the point where you get LW.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
It's good on Corki because the shredding + gatling is strong, but its numbers really taper off compared to IE/BT vs. high armor targets, especially when your build gets to the point where you get LW.

^^^

If LW wasn't around you'd see Cleaver used more. Only AD carry I would try it on is Corki as Mogwai mentioned because combined with Gatling Gun you can really shred people and it also helps other AD do a lot more. Most carries don't benefit that much from it though. It's cheap and great vs low armor targets, but it doesn't help you scale into lategame as strong. You also have to hit the person a few times to get the benefit first, where as you can AA different targets as needed with IE/etc and blow them out of the water from the getgo without needing the debuff to stack (another small note, you can't debuff Baron or Dragon anymore with it. :( )

But yeah I think Cleaver is ok and certainly doable, just not "optimal".

Top Bottom