• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Not quite correct.

Pulverize knocks you up for 1 second then stuns you for 0.5 seconds upon hitting the ground.

So Mercs reduces that small stun duration, but not the knock-up.
Potentially not quite correct either.

He asked if Merc Treads worked on Knockups and then Pulverize. From the context he laid out, you could reasonably assume that he meant the Knockup part of Pulverize, in which case it would still stand that no Merc Treads don't work on Knockups and there would be no need for clarity on the matter, unless one wanted to specifically spell out the minute fact that INDEED Merc Treads reduce the lesser talk about stun portion of Alistar's Q.

Could have just said no Dan...

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Potentially not quite correct either.

He asked if Merc Treads worked on Knockups and then Pulverize. From the context he laid out, you could reasonably assume that he meant the Knockup part of Pulverize, in which case it would still stand that no Merc Treads don't work on Knockups and there would be no need for clarity on the matter, unless one wanted to specifically spell out the minute fact that INDEED Merc Treads reduce the lesser talk about stun portion of Alistar's Q.

Could have just said no Dan...

D

Deleted member

merc treads

whatever happens after knockup is reduced

alistar Q

chogath Q (3 second slow)

==
xin zhao 3 hit combo --> does nothing beside knockup

L__

Smash Master
Not quite correct.

Pulverize knocks you up for 1 second then stuns you for 0.5 seconds upon hitting the ground.

So Mercs reduces that small stun duration, but not the knock-up.
thank you

also is there anything you guys thought was interesting at hannover that you would want to bring up

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
they're too good at teamfights. they're like a machine where every part works in perfect unison with the other parts.

i thought it was hilarious that everytime genja played urgot and they were at baron, he would "unexpectedly" pull a vital enemy team member into his team because it was warded. they made the exact same play at least 3 times. screwed up so many baron fights for the other teams.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Yea, they have the most insane coordination. Other teams have individual stand-out players, like voyboy, but as a group they just work together so much better.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Yea, they have the most insane coordination. Other teams have individual stand-out players, like voyboy, but as a group they just work together so much better.
I still find it so stupid that it's a poll before the finals is finished that decides the MVP. I mean, come on, basically any player on M5 would've been a better pick than Voyboy for MVP, no offense.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
You should blog about it, I bet a ton of people have subscribed to your thing ever since that one guy posted a link to your thing

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
And this is why you don't first pick top lane:

12 minutes in, about 80 cs to 10 (yes, I suck at last hitting, working on it).

Wukong picks, I'm like, AWESOME, this is a perfect malphite game. So I go top with cloth, 5 pots and proceed to zone him out of cs the entire game, and whenever he tries I send him back to base with a little hp. Too bad he got smart and pretty much stayed under turret later on.

With that much of a cs different though i was able to push to turret with impunity and basically be a royal pain the entire game. Ended the game over a hundred cs ahead of him and the highest cs in our team by a good 30. Oh and since they were primarily physical, I ended the game with over 300 armor, my ground slams chunked.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
And this is why you don't first pick top lane:

12 minutes in, about 80 cs to 10 (yes, I suck at last hitting, working on it).

Wukong picks, I'm like, AWESOME, this is a perfect malphite game. So I go top with cloth, 5 pots and proceed to zone him out of cs the entire game, and whenever he tries I send him back to base with a little hp. Too bad he got smart and pretty much stayed under turret later on.

With that much of a cs different though i was able to push to turret with impunity and basically be a royal pain the entire game. Ended the game over a hundred cs ahead of him and the highest cs in our team by a good 30. Oh and since they were primarily physical, I ended the game with over 300 armor, my ground slams chunked.
Guy must have had a generic top page/masteries. Shouldn't get wrecked that bad regardless. o.o

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Guy must have had a generic top page/masteries. Shouldn't get wrecked that bad regardless. o.o
Would he have been able to win with different masteries/runes? I had a full page of armor seals, with mostly armor marks for that and a few random AD runes.

Yes, I'm working on this page, it's gonna be my generic tank page (except for shen who gets his own page with magic pen marks).

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
If he was running something like 21/9/0 armor pen marks &quints/armor seals/mr glyphs he'd probably get wrecked- not THAT bad though. Surely he'd get some jungle/mid pressure with that kind of denial happening.

With 21 in defense and some hp regen quints/ad marks (you'd think this would be normal, but lots of ppl don't run it still, against high armor lanes -_-)/mr seals and glyphs, I could see him doing a lot better- maybe free-farming. Can handle lane swaps easily with the double mr seal/glyph page setup (assuming you guys had an ap mid), would take less damage from you, and regen a lot of it back up through his quints. I mean, this setup won't grant you great dps, but 10cs? come on lol.

What items did he start with? Surely boots and pots, right?

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
If he was running something like 21/9/0 armor pen marks &quints/armor seals/mr glyphs he'd probably get wrecked- not THAT bad though. Surely he'd get some jungle/mid pressure with that kind of denial happening.

With 21 in defense and some hp regen quints/ad marks (you'd think this would be normal, but lots of ppl don't run it still -_-)/mr seals and glyphs, I could see him doing a lot better. Can handle lane swaps easily with the double mr seal/glyph page setup, would take less damage from you, and regen a lot of it back up through his quints.

What items did he start with? Surely boots and pots, right?
Alright, thanks.

Yep, he started boots, I started cloth, 5 pots.

And yea, he was ganked for constantly, but three problems for their jungler.

1. Was fiora, so slow as balls to start in general.

2. We stole her wraiths and red early.

3. Mundo was generally good about counterjungling them.

Mid was LB versus ahri, and she got outpushed, lost a ton of cs and then died a lot to ahri.

So she couldn't gank till I had already denied him the equivalent of multiple kills in minion waves. Started bodying him from level 2 onwards so he just missed wave after wave after he kept being forced to go back. When they did finally get a kill on me, it was at that 12 minute mark and I was like "np np, just compare our cs, I might as well be several kills ahead of him".

john!

Smash Hero
just watched the finals matches.

m5 is amazing. they do the kind of things that i think of and wonder "why don't pro teams do this?" they may be scumbags but they're also exciting to watch.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Also because you talk actual smack that involves curse words and not bad lines like "Imma take yo mom out to a nice lobster dinner... AND THEN NOT PAY FOR IT!"

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Now that the jungle creeps give mana, i need to make jungle ad malz viable again. I seriously think is really really good, but hard to play cause of voidling control and spell count (and glitch).

Lovage

Smash Hero
nope i play hella normals my elo is pretty high (+220 @ 900 wins)

keeping it low and mostly playing ranked is a great strat, high elo normals que time is often 8+ mins and you get lots of 2k players most games lol.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I avoid ranked as much as possible.
Normals are too fun to spoil it with that drip. :applejack:

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
good god I hate Ryze's AA animation.

I can't last hit for **** until after a tear. LOL

I thought Annie's AA was bad. you win that award Ryze.

Top Bottom