• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Tmacc

Smash Lord
My 5th pick begged me to pick him Shyvanna in solo queue...

So I do, and ask him to please get me Orianna. He starts calling me a troll, in all caps, and says Orianna is the worst AP carry and she's impossible to play. He then refuses to get her for me, so I have to play Brand.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Someone mentioned Karma a while back, I think

Queued up with some of my friends a couple days ago, I'm Yorick top 1v2, Karma / Twitch bot lane

Twitch gets all kinds of fed from Karma, meanwhile I'm sitting top taking no damage from anything. Late-game comes around, I press R, Twitch kills everyone, gg

Karma op

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Why? What about lifestealing off of low HP creeps has proven problematic to balance? You're just saying this without actually talking about how this is going to help at all. What about the ****heads who just 2 shot waves with a WotA and get all their HP back? These are the most problematic cases anyway, yet with your suggestion, they get relatively buffed copared to people who just spellvamp off single target last hitting spells. You're not really thinking things out from a balance perspective as far as I can tell.

Oh don't worry I hate WotA too.

Wota and wriggles are up there.

Idk I just think it's silly.

I also don't see the Singed stuff. I can't stand playing him anymore :(

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
I think I bought ryze like 2 months ago when I bought sivir...haven't played either of them...I guess I can start playing Ryze today.

@Px Morgana is ALWAYS banned at my elo unless I'm picking bans...I don't care much for morgana..I play pretty agressive early on so she can't just afk Farm without taking damage from me.

I ban kassadin just because I find that possibly the most annoying mid lane matchup ever.

what is Raid boss Ryze?

Vyke

Smash Champion
Raid Boss Ryze is when you 1v5 the enemy team with him because they can't kill you and you KILL THEM

Coney

Smash Master
I'm still using Brand/Graves until I get to an elo where I can trust people and not have to only use Brand/Graves.

But everyone's telling me every elo is bad so w/e w/e

If you're really that confident you belong higher, just pick up 1 strong AP and 1 strong AD. You're not going to be at a hard enough elo for role specialization, and when you start getting outplayed consistently, you could be at an elo where you can begin trusting your own teammates to carry.

Which top laners/junglers can carry well?
Lee Sin is my favorite for both, but for some reason I found that in solo carrying with him top is a whole hell of a lot easier for me than carrying with him in jungle.

I ban kassadin just because I find that possibly the most annoying mid lane matchup ever.
DON'T DO THIS

If Kassadin isn't banned at low/mid elo, he's usually first pick, so bait that **** out and grab GP and send him mid. If possible, pick Shyv/Riven/Lee/non-mana jungle, give him first blue, and completely shut down their carry.

Not banning Kassadin creates a game of chicken as to which team will pick him first. If he's last pick and you haven't accommodated for him, though, he's going to be a *****.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
Ryze loses to?

I'm pretty sure he loses to Morgana and Sion mid but I think there is a few more people.

I think i found a good build on Solomid tells you to get Banshees and Frozen heart first. so I'm pretty much set when I go home. lol

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Hmm, I have Irelia. Do I just rush Trinity with her? Phage or Sheen first?
my irelia builds always go:

wriggles -> wit's -> phage
or
wit's -> phage -> sheen
or
phage -> zeal -> trinity

depends on the strength of the lane you're in.

Ending build should typically look like wriggle's, wit's, triforce, omen, FoN with an optional GA in there for FoN or Omen if it makes sense. Ninja Tabi or Merc Treads basically always.

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
Top lane Shyvana question.

So let's assume the enemy team is cc heavy but low on ap, how good/bad would it be to sub Wit's for PD assuming I grab QSS over FoN? I feel like 395 movespeed isn't quite enough get to carries fast enough. Sure I have burnout, but I would prefer to pop that once I'm on the carry so that I can keep it up.

Sidenote, would it kill Riot to give Shyvana cc immunity when she ults? I've been counter-dunked so many ****ing times and it makes me rage really hard.

Kira-

Smash Champion
mid champs that carry

karthus ryze mordekaiser ahri

all those are easier than cassio, less gimmicky than lb, safer than veigar, all strong late game

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Ziggs can also carry very hard while having semi-global ult presence. He is very blue dependent though, and I don't know if your team can guarantee/protect your blues at your level.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
hopefully if I ever actually get back to 1400 I can go back to exclusive playing support Janna

I had an 85% win rate with janna last season

IShouldBeStudying

Smash Apprentice
Hmm, I have Irelia. Do I just rush Trinity with her? Phage or Sheen first?
My build for irelia is:

Wriggles -> phage -> wit's end.

The rest is situational.

Irelia doesn't have to build trinity force.

Other good items: frozen mallet, atma's,guardian angel, randiun's

:phone:

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Ryze loses to?

I'm pretty sure he loses to Morgana and Sion mid but I think there is a few more people.

I think i found a good build on Solomid tells you to get Banshees and Frozen heart first. so I'm pretty much set when I go home. lol
it's actually generally accepted that Ryze beats Sion because around like, level 6 or 7 you can just safely pop his shield with QWQ. but generally speaking the best way to lock ryze down is to just push his lane stupid hard and make him deal with creeps while you roam since he has really ****ty creep clearing.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I've had a lot of success against Ryze using WW.

Player-3

Smash Hero
Leave morgna open at low elos, pik any champs u play and win cuz all morganas sub 1700 are horrible and ive beten them with like every mid I play rofll

:phone:

MacD

Banned via Administration
why does elementz insist on building aegis every time even though the jungler gets it

zeke's seems like it would be so much better on most every team comp they've run, especially if cop isn't going to build a second PD instead of BT

it seems like m5 vs curse was entertaining though, too bad we didn't get to see it

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Flash/Exhaust probably. Exhaust + Q = kite for days. But the safest and smartest is definitely Flash/Heal.

Best is probably Boots/x3 Pots for sustain. If you're partnered with Ali/Sor/Son then go D-blade. Save your first crit hit for a Champion. So many silly ashe's still wasting it on creeps.

Rest is pretty standard. Rush Infinity. Then Phantom. Then Last Whisper. Boots of Speed obv. Defensive items if you need them.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
Heal/Flash (if support can go exhaust), Cleanse Flash (if other team has a lot of CC), Exhaust/Flash are all pretty common.

Ashe can be built pretty standard for ranged ADs
bootsx3pots, 2-3 dorans, vamp scept, zerkers, IE, PD, LW then a defensive item like BV (may need to get earlier if their ap is doing well).

or

boots3pots, 2-3 dorans, wriggles, PD, IE, LW, defensive item

It's sort of preference which route you go, the 1st one is far more common. I tend to get wriggles PD where I think I have opportunities to kite in midgame or when you know your jungler is getting wriggles and can rush for early dragon control.

I should point out that Ashe is relatively hard to play in SoloQ due to how she sacrfices damage for utility and only has a summoner for an escape (flash usually). So if your not confident that your team will protect you most ranged AD with an escape + flash usually fare better.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
When is there ever a time when I should be running Ghost over Flash?
On champs that have a built in flash(tryn for example) or moves the benefit from ghost(vlads pool)

Top Bottom