• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

tarmacker

Smash Journeyman
Just play as other peoples mini-map at low ELO when you play support. Call others mias, ping and get buff/dragon/barron timers. So far its been working out pretty well for me.

Tmacc

Smash Lord
Winning 4v5 after our Trist AFK'd...

Trist comes back and says "oh, you're winning?" about 23 minutes in, and starts to intentionally feed.

I mean, what it the motivation to keep playing ranked when things like this happen?

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Winning 4v5 after our Trist AFK'd...

Trist comes back and says "oh, you're winning?" about 23 minutes in, and starts to intentionally feed.

I mean, what it the motivation to keep playing ranked when things like this happen?
I never can understand why people go to such lengths to grief people.. How ****ty and boring does a person's life have to be to seek pleasure in such an activity that a person would try to make people intentionally lose...

bassem6

Smash Lord
I never can understand why people go to such lengths to grief people.. How ****ty and boring does a person's life have to be to seek pleasure in such an activity that a person would try to make people intentionally lose...
The answer is very ****ty and boring.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Keep reporting people like this.

It's really all you can do.

Also AD Sona, I'm in love with it lol.

bassem6

Smash Lord
support nunu op, just sayin

Edit: True story that just happened,

So I queue up for solo queue. Queue pops and Im in champ select, our first pick goes lee sin, and bans morg, vayne and shaco and the other team does their bans. We are going through selecting our champions and due to a miscommunication between me and our 3rd pick, our team is Lee sin as our jungler, twisted fate (who was originally going to mid), me as morde (who I havent played in months), Nasus as top, and alistar as our second jungler.

The other team consists or Rammus jungle ,Shen, sion (ap), mf and taric bot.

The game starts and we invade and kill 2 of them in their jungler. Lee sin and alistar travel together and clear the other teams jungle then gank mid and we get a kill on sion (at like level 2 or 3). They also kill rammus in his jungle and gank bot. The game goes on and Im like 4-0 within the first 8 minutes and our team gets further and further ahead (I kill mf in every skirmish and get her ghost to sub as our ranged carry). We end up winning the game...

This was probably the most fun I have ever had in a ranked game and I was seriously considering queue dodging before the game started but I decided not to.

PIC

http://imgur.com/wafsx

MacD

Banned via Administration
I kinda know Soraka and Janna but I'm way better with Sona. And I think if I'm not supporting someone else should without Sona. Cause I wouldn't trust myself with the others supports. At least not right now.
from my experience, supports with heals are better in low ELO, i think a lot of people give a rough estimate of 1400 as when you can support and it not be 100% reliant on having a good AD

soraka is really good at helping keep idiots in lane alive

taric is really good lower too because of point click stun and a heal

janna i was always scared to use in lower ELOs because people suck and are like "why you pick the worst support, she doesn't even have a heal." and if they just go crazy and stuff janna can't make up for it after the fact

with the way support is changing it's kinda hard, i think soraka can still be a champ at carrying lanes in lower ELOs, but i haven't got to use her enough since the change to know. and higher ELO makes things different

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Someone changed my avatar...

Not sure if approve

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I dunno how it got changed. :(

I WANT THAT ASIAN GIRL BACK

Vyke

Smash Champion
sorry, I meant to say janna is not hard to learn if you have an IQ > 110. I mean, there's not much you can do wrong other than understanding you are not a healer and using your ultimate appropriately.
Learning to shield harass effectively, tank damage for your carry, and not spam your tornadoes like it costs 0 mana are some other things.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I have no doubt in my mind

that you did all of this Andy

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
sorry, I meant to say janna is not hard to learn if you have an IQ > 110. I mean, there's not much you can do wrong other than understanding you are not a healer and using your ultimate appropriately.
This isn't the only thing that matters, especially as Janna. Supports that have heal are easier to use at lower elos because you can make up for your ADs mistakes by healing them back up over time.

With Janna all you have are reaction shields and that's it. If your AD doesn't know how to trade effectively with shield and how Janna works to make them strong then you have issues.

Janna's shield can pretty much block as much as most of the heals can, the issue is you need the shield before and not after.

Xaltis,

John! is right.

You shouldn't be doing ranked with just a few champions.

Sona is a pretty popular pick. Supports are relatively easy to learn and do well with at low elo (Soraka/Sona/Taric) Then you run into slightly higher difficulty with Alistar, Leona, Janna, and Blitzcrank with more unconventional supports like Nunu, Ashe, , Gangplank, etc. And that is just for supports!

Trying to be comfortable with at least 2 champs in 2-3 roles would help you a lot to fill in gaps on your team.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Is that a wheather joke for Janna?

Except she can't heal like a support. LOL
Healing is for ****ies, damage mitigation is where it's at. Also zoning.

How do u manage ur ganks? With no cc that super stagnant bot lane seems to be next to impossible to gank. At least with shyvana. Move fast into dragon **** can never really do enough damage to be noticeable and of course I end up pushing the lane while just trying to help.
Lol it's not me, it's thio, you'd do better to ask him cause I have yet to start ranked.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
Xaltis,

John! is right.

You shouldn't be doing ranked with just a few champions.

Sona is a pretty popular pick. Supports are relatively easy to learn and do well with at low elo (Soraka/Sona/Taric) Then you run into slightly higher difficulty with Alistar, Leona, Janna, and Blitzcrank with more unconventional supports like Nunu, Ashe, , Gangplank, etc. And that is just for supports!

Trying to be comfortable with at least 2 champs in 2-3 roles would help you a lot to fill in gaps on your team.
I don't think you read my post at all.

Well other than Sona I'm comfortable with Nautilus, Shaco, Rammus, TF. I haven't had the chance to use TF yet. And Rammus and Shaco are always banned. >_>
I am comfortable with ranked with more than a few champions. There's no reason I shouldn't be doing ranked. Also Sona NEVER gets picked when I play ranked. Only by me she does.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
I been leveling W up until 6 and then E with janna

that level 3 slow does a **** ton of damage + leads to a bunch of free hits at the low levels.

Janna was the reason I was gold last season. lol

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
so i just realized that i dont smartcast and i should be using smartcast

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
I'd use the range indicators on smartcast on skarner if I was you too. just for the Skill shot. I was missing a bunch of those with kennen until they switched that on.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I prefer using shift over switching to smartcast. Keeps me from having to change my controls when i use a character where smartcast isn't optimal

voorhese

Smash Master
I had a few close calls the game i got the penta >_< in fact the penta started out as someone getting caught and me coming to help them. summoner heal and my life steal was the only thing that kept me up >_<

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
I been leveling W up until 6 and then E with janna

that level 3 slow does a **** ton of damage + leads to a bunch of free hits at the low levels.

Janna was the reason I was gold last season. lol
unfortunately players at my elo don't recognize the fact that janna is a really good support and prefer the afk heal/farm of sona and soraka.

I usually top as Shyvana and really only have trouble against GP, Shen, and Panth.

Top Bottom