• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
doesnt he lose to like every other common toplane?
He actually does very well against many top laners, because he does a lot of damage with his combo, and then once he picks up a point in invis can put damage on you without trading unless you can aoe/stun him to follow up. If champs can't trade as well or sustain his damage he will win and snowball incredibly hard.

Even the lanes he does lose (Riven, Udyr, Yorick, etc.) he can just play safe and his mid/late will still be crazy strong as long as he doesn't get snowballed against (that's the thing about top lane, number 1 priority is don't let enemy snowball, even if you have to give up CS and stuff for it... at least that's how I feel).

EDIT: Hey, Bart PLUGMAKER is in that game getting owned by Dan!

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
xaltis

we should duo

that way you can gain elo and i can have a reason to try

add "fizwidget"

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Lol. Was jungling Alistar just now. His ganks are too stronk.

Unfortunately, our Ashe/Nunu bot was terribad. Nunu taking all the CS. Had to constant babysit to prevent their Vayne from snowballing which meant enemy Tryn was comfy just farming all day.

3/10 ashe starts talking trash. I'm like, "Yo im alistar lets get barron right now." then we get barron and ace the team with me, gragas, and wukong ult'ing like bosses. come back and win a game that was almost forfeited twice

but now im scared to play a game and lose cuz then i lose my full win page :(

Leacero

Smash Lord
Lol. Was jungling Alistar just now. His ganks are too stronk.

Unfortunately, our Ashe/Nunu bot was terribad. Nunu taking all the CS. Had to constant babysit to prevent their Vayne from snowballing which meant enemy Tryn was comfy just farming all day.

3/10 ashe starts talking trash. I'm like, "Yo im alistar lets get barron right now." then we get barron and ace the team with me, gragas, and wukong ult'ing like bosses. come back and win a game that was almost forfeited twice

but now im scared to play a game and lose cuz then i lose my full win page :(
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2ZShmt19uQ

THUMBS UP EVERYBODY. (for rock'n'roll!)

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
Does ap increase your auto-attack damage against buildings? I'm pretty sure it does, I just need someone to confirm it.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Silly Mortal, that's why you build Manamune on Ryze to solve that problem.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I may eventually make it to plat, but it will be a slow and drawn out process. Especially if my duo queue partners are as heavy as yesterday!

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Not bursty enough to 1v1. I'd say going HP/AP is nice though. (Warmogs, then build AP/defense items like Zyonda, abyss sceptor or RoA depending on how its going for you)

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
What? AP Nautilus burst is ridiculous. Post 6 he has 1.8 ratio with just his Ult and Riptide. His Q also hits really hard, but that's actually missable/interceptable. He's very strong top b/c he can get away from ganks with hooks to the walls, and the melee champs have to run up to creeps/him so he can get free full damage riptides, and shield also helps for farming.

I build him similar to the "true damage malphite" build, but don't really transition to tank late-game unless we need one. Couple rings, Mpen boots, Mpen marks, Abyssal if it works for their comp, otherwise Rylai's/Giant's Belt into DCap.

His ult alone will do 2/3 of their AP/ADs health and it's targeted/inescapable (save for some few issues w/ glitching or popping.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I think Rylai's would be redundant on Naut with his riptide already slowing and his passive snaring for 1 sec. I also noticed his passive pops banshee's veil lol.. (Is having fun with free week naut)

What item do you start with for AP Naut? I'm probably doing it wrong.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Silly Mortal, that's why you build Manamune on Ryze to solve that problem.
200+ AD on Ryze np np.

Frozen Heart + Banshees + Manamune + Triforce + WotA + boots Ryze.
Split push all day with ult, chunk towers, 1v5 other team when they try to stop you np np.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I think Rylai's would be redundant on Naut with his riptide already slowing and his passive snaring for 1 sec. I also noticed his passive pops banshee's veil lol.. (Is having fun with free week naut)

What item do you start with for AP Naut? I'm probably doing it wrong.
Boots/3 pots, then double D rings, then whatever is needed.

Also it's not redundant b/c Rylai's health scales w/ his shield defensively, slow applies on his Q, more slow on Riptide, and it adds a slow after his ult's CC, while also giving AP for all his abilities.

MacD

Banned via Administration
why does everyone go banshees over RoA?

i feel like unless they have a sustained damage AP like cassi or karth or something, you don't really need the MR. take like MR per level blues and someone gets an aegis, and then i feel like RoA balances out what you don't get in MR with that much more mana/ap/health

granted i don't play ryze but i'm really curious as to why everyone ALWAYS goes banshees

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Because you are paying A LOT of money for AP that doesn't scale well with your skills. Banshee's veil gives you less mana and health, sure, but costs less and gives you survivability that will be relevant throughout the game, and the spell shield to make you even more difficult to start killing while you melt teams. You also get all the benefits upfront with BVeil, instead of having to wait like 20 minutes. And since you have to buy an early tear, you can't just zerg rush the RoA.

Really though, his ap ratios are like <0.4 on every skill aside from Rune Prison.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
He's a hyper carry which makes the bubble even more valuable on him than most champs. They have to pop the bubble before they can cc you and focus you down. That extra moment the bubble grants you could be another QWQ or some other combo that you are dumping out on their team.

You also don't have an escape other than flash, so the bubble can be very strong at the right time. Not quite as strong as QSS, but you directly scale off of Banshees compared to QSS.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
banshee's is overrated IMO and has been for a long time.

ROA is amazing and is my favorite item

both are great on ryze though
The thing I really like about Banshees on Ryze is that you can build the Negatron after your Tear and crush your lane with that huge boost of MR so early on, and you really aren't sacrificing too much damage in doing so because you are still grinding up your Tear.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Ryze benefits more from getting tanky resistant over tanky AP. That's why you see it on him more

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Ok jpak, your teamcomp that second game was the ugliest thing I've seen in a long time.

Udyr in particular was a terrible choice against Morgana and Mundo >_> Olaf also not very good, but slightly better. And zero early game champs also hurt.

Top Bottom