• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ok jpak, your teamcomp that second game was the ugliest thing I've seen in a long time.

Udyr in particular was a terrible choice against Morgana and Mundo >_> Olaf also not very good, but slightly better. And zero early game champs also hurt.
I didn't watch the entire match, but I don't think that was the issue. They did a risky play bot without a lot of communication, and without keeping tabs on morg/irelia, and it didn't work out. Game was close until then. That and other misplays kinda snowballed it I think

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
It would have been a problem regardless. How is Udyr supposed to get in on their team to do anything to them?

They have no heal and enemy team can kite/poke Olaf and Udyr indefinitely until they decide to hard engage (since they had Sona). They had zero ways to engage with their comp, and inferior poke.

Also, poor johnny losing on Dan stream :( Maybe he pull through.

jpak

Smash Lord
in my mind the udyr tp call was 100% the right call and should be a really good play. sona graves aggressive all games i had asked for the time of his tp and placed the wards to allow him ~30 seconds before my ward expires and his tp will still be up. I kept asking the timer and when it approached told him he needs to push get out of irelia's vision and come as soon as it comes up. he instead farms for 10 more seconds and that's more than enough time for graves to wave clear and headback into a good position. So udyr's 10 seconds spent farming was a really really big mistake. However, I should've called off the play.

As for team comp I have no say as my team's view at the game is completely different from mine.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Udyr would have been fine as a counterpick to Irelia if he had someone else to initiate for him. As the team comp stood he could win/hold top but would be useless later. That's just my opinion, also I didn't see the order of picks.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
1. Make up story about have a kid
2. 300% more stream viewers
3. Profit

You cut out the whole "???" step, too

But in all seriousness, wow.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Does anybody else listen to Mogwai and thank Mogwai for introducing them to Mogwai in an unintended way? hrmmm

Player-3

Smash Hero
Aye. Who needs a ward? Just put a turret out there and giggle at conventional gank attempts.
laned against a poppy and every time she tried to do something i would drop turrets and stun her while she was disengaging and her health just dropped rofl

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Been playing bruiser Orianna today. Surprisingly effective.
Wriggles, Wit's End, Phage, whatever seems needed.
Was going with Mpen reds, armor yellows, mr/level blues, movespeed quints.
9/21/0, grabbing the Mpen in offense and then going for tankiness.
She's super tanky with her E's free stats + shield, she's really hard to gank top because her vision and W, she can initiate fights very well, and she has a looot utility for the rest of your team.

Okuser

Smash Ace
anybody else playing in go4lol today?

my teams name is Mutiny

edit: we lost in round 2 because of connection issues, we probably would've gotten to round 5

bassem6

Smash Lord
The best part of that repost, bassem, is that you were the one that posted that the first time around as well, LOL.
huh? That was the first time I posted that. I think you may be thinking of this video which I may have posted here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADEYrX5UKQM

Leave bassem alone he's a poopie head
Youre a poopie head.

He's like a Mogwai Jr., always online and playing ranked but too busy to play with us.

:phone:
Dooood, the last time I got invited to play with you guys, I was eating pizza. Promise! Invite me more often and I will join!

Xaltis

Smash Hero
Just played 4 ranked games in a row. Started at 1280 elo. Ended at 1280 elo... Ranked why you do this to me?

3 games Sona, 1 game Nautilus.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Hey guy that carried himself to gold with shyv, did u go top or jungle?
Mostly jungle, some top.

Just played 4 ranked games in a row. Started at 1280 elo. Ended at 1280 elo... Ranked why you do this to me?

3 games Sona, 1 game Nautilus.
Jealousy over you making the smart decision and going for runes instead of champ gova.

I have only one complete runepage and that was before I realized I wanna main solo top instead.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
Jealousy over you making the smart decision and going for runes instead of champ gova.

I have only one complete runepage and that was before I realized I wanna main solo top instead.
I spent more IP on champs for sure. It's about 70/30 for ip i spent on champs/runes.

Aaagh such a hard life maining Sona in ranked. I still haven't lost any elo. But I'm barley clmbing. And today I didn't even move I just stayed 1280. XO

john!

Smash Hero
the good thing about being a support main is that you will almost always be better than the other support (because most people only support because they have to, and usually aren't that great at it)

but the bad thing is that supports are almost entirely at the mercy of their teammates

so it should be a slow but steady climb IN THEORY

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
You should pick up soraka and janna. Sometimes they're better and they're not particularly hard to learn.

I think supports are ok to climb elo. Supports play a big role in keeping their AD carry from failing the lane phase, they should have the best map awareness for the team, they can watch map objectives and it's easier to make calls for when your team should enter/leave fights.

Maybe I just like micromanaging.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
I kinda know Soraka and Janna but I'm way better with Sona. And I think if I'm not supporting someone else should without Sona. Cause I wouldn't trust myself with the others supports. At least not right now.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
if you're only comfortable with one champion then you shouldn't be playing ranked IMO, just saying.
Well other than Sona I'm comfortable with Nautilus, Shaco, Rammus, TF. I haven't had the chance to use TF yet. And Rammus and Shaco are always banned. >_>

Top Bottom