• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Ashe's volley range is what allows her to hard counter just about every single melee dps in the game.
And a majority of tanks.
And a majority of other carries.

Initiating successfully on her team requires Ashe to make mistakes.
Getting to her requires Ashe to make mistakes.
Killing her requires you to be Olaf/Irelia "after" she makes mistakes.

1200 range spammable banshee's veil poppy means that nearly every team fight she's setting the tempo.
Because unless you have cleanse/godlike reaction speed, after your bveil gets popped (which it will) its the never ending tension of "whos about to get butt *****?"

Her ult has the awesomeness of amumu, galio and malphite's ult. Except she doesn't need to get into range. It's on about half the cool down of there ults as well.
Oh, it has significantly more base damage than their ults as well.

Riot removed the utilty of most other carries - Twisted Fate is just about the only one thats comparable. Yet he doesn't even scale as well as her.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Anyone here play Vlad much?

I need some 1v1 practice vs him and a couple other champs.

Renekton, Corki... just to name a few

jpak

Smash Lord
NKB I posted what I think the path and stuff on the forums here for Tom, so give that a try. It'd be within the past three days.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
armor pen marks and quints. flat armor seals, and flat mr glyphs. you can change the marks to attack speed but its up to you. You can either do a split 15/6/9 or 15/0/15 or 0/21/9. dont go the offensive route. he has too many builds as he can play many roles. go look up lilballz, saintvicious, theoddone, and kobe24 for builds

btw im going to hear how you think the veigar and poppy new skin art is soo cute gg
easy enough to find

nocturne is hella fun, but I think Jarman's better.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
i got on when not in the right state of mind and played like an *******

sorry guys

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Did anyone get Nocturne? He looks good... but he's freaking 6.3k of IP =.=

Also... does anyone know how to play Akali? I just got her and she's quite squishy :(
The best Akali goes 21/9/0. He gets seven physical attack marks and the three points in the brute force mastery to proc her first passive at level 1 and starts with an amplifying tome for the other one. Your other two marks should be magic pen, since you don't need more than seven physical attacks reds. Yellows should probably be scaling health, flat armor, or dodge, and you'll want flat AP blues (scaling works too though). You're going to want to get a Rylai's as fast as possible so when you jump on someone, there's pretty much no way they can get away. She has insane burst, especially if you get a lich bane/death cap. Don't get a guinsoo's, so many akalis do. You'll usually want to go merc/rylais -> sheen -> death cap/lich bane -> gunblade/guardian angel. Your main role's going to be seeking out the carry, because it's hard as hell to get away from akali, especially with how she kills you. Don't jump into a team fight that's anything 3v3 or up, you're not an initiator. Just wait for the fight to break out and find your target when it's available. Get in get out. She's really fun X:

What are other people building for nocturne?

Vyke

Smash Champion
I enjoy Nocturne in a lane more than the jungler, oddly enough. Heal every 10 seconds that enables ridiculous farm with Q coupled with it being a strong nuke is a good laner in my book.

Oh and a spell shield to block harass, too!

jpak

Smash Lord
@Tom - bowling makes you mad
@Hilt - He goes 21-0-9
@Tkbro - smart cast is shift + Q or W or E or R. It saves you the time of having to press lets say Irelia's Q and then clicking on the player you want to hit, you just have to shift + q on to the person. Pushing towers is not Irelia's job, you'll be killing everyone else. If you have 4 casters on your team then tell them to stop and pick a better team comp.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
well isnt there a way I can set my Keys so that I don't have to press shift +QWER but only press QWER and get the smartcast effect?

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
Oh nice...Definitley doing that.

SmartCast + skill shot=good right?

my last few champs seem skill shot dependent.

jpak

Smash Lord
It is not always good to smart cast unless you are confident in knowing the range of everything for all the champions you play.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
K well then I might just smart cast for Irelia and annie only...not sure if Kennen even needs it seeing as Q is the only shot

and I suck with Ezreal...LOL...but i got my armor pen runes yesterday and was doing L337 D33P5....felt so good!

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
Nocturne doesn't afraid of anything.

I'm 1 win away from 1400 in ranked 3s. It's not really getting hard yet, although we did have an HOUR long 3s game last night, where the other team kept turtled up and the only way we beat them was finally catching one of them trying to counter push after we traded 1 for 1 at their inhibitor.

Hilt, I completely agree with your Akali description there, except I build sheen before Rylais, and often even before I finish my boots. The damage you get from double proccing your Qs along with sheen bonus damage is just absurd. She's my 4th most played champ, after Udyr, Zilean, and Urgot.

I'm mad that it's Urgot free week, since he'll get way more attention and maybe get nerfed again...also, when I pick him, I'll have a bunch of people thinking I'm a free week urgot, when he's the ONLY champ I ever bought the day they came out.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
It is not always good to smart cast unless you are confident in knowing the range of everything for all the champions you play.
Bind normal cast to the shift variants and this problem is solved

Getting used to smart casting for everthing is pretty handy because it removes an action and potential failure from targeting somebody.

... though it does add other failure modes.

Top Bottom