• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
There are several really good ways to play Cho'Gath.

I build him 0-21-9, but 9-12-9, and 9-21-0, and 0-9-21 are all viable too.

Flash/tele is how I play him. Ignite, ghost, cleanse, and clairvoyance are all good too.

I rush catalyst, then tier 1 boots, then Rod of Ages. Then speed boots. (or merc treads, or CDR boots...)
Then I usually build Aegis and GA early, and then it varies.

The following items are legit 5-6 items on this build:
Banshees
randuins
warmogs
rylais
DFG
mejais (cause you'll never die anyways...might as well)
frozen heart

There are so many ways to build him. This is just my build. Some people go AP and play him as a CC-Caster. Some people just stack HP, and pray that no one builds a madreds. I prefer to stack resists and CDR, and spam my Q+W and stand around in the way of their attacks cause I'm huge.

jpak

Smash Lord

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
How much processing power does this take?

Also I am going crazy playing LoL with my friends. No one knows how to do anything =( No one wards without me telling them. No one knows how to teamfight.

Like I will solo queue and have a fun time. Then play an arranged and get *****. So depressing.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
@Thio. Honestly, the best way to get people to listen to you is to play jungler and start faceraping. If they see you counterjungling and winning and ganking and warding, they're likely to listen and work together better (plus if you do really well at it, you totally shut down one of their players and keep your laners safe from ganks).

I like to play Cho 9-0-21 and build him pure defense/cd items until late game (where I'll get an Hourglass if I need more armor or a Deathcap for that extra oomph). All his damage aside from Feast is magical, so the 15 Spell Pen is nice (as is the CD). I also grab Teleport/Ignite to strengthen my mid-late game at the expense of early escapability (won't have to escape much later since you're takn), make sure their squishies don't live, or even Clairvoyance if my team doesn't have one.

Usually open with Cloth and Pots or Mantle and Pots, buy boots on return (I get CDR boots to maximize utility) and then Aegis if no one is getting, otherwise I build the defensive items I need most (early Catalysts are pretty nice. More staying power and turn into Banshees later... thought sometimes I'll get FoN on him for movespeed since I don't have thoes Quints yet).

Though apparently he got nerfed pretty soundly in tomorrow's patch [damage wise. He's still great for utility].

LOL, WTHELL. They nerfed Kassadin's laning phase w/ the nerf to his passive...

And Banshee's nerfed by 15 seconds too. Probably still worth it though.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
How much processing power does this take?

Also I am going crazy playing LoL with my friends. No one knows how to do anything =( No one wards without me telling them. No one knows how to teamfight.

Like I will solo queue and have a fun time. Then play an arranged and get *****. So depressing.
i notice no difference between on and off and my computer pretty good but not great

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=581422

Inconsequential buff to Galio :\ And Anivia has been for all intents and purposes entirely unnerfed?

Irelia's laning power still ridiculous, but her Equi Strike hit really hard in the damage department. Big buffs all around to tree... he'll probably be a solid pick now.

Sion has his shield damage of all things nerfed by 10... rofl. No AP ratio change or stun change.

Zilean's early game is still ********, but Chronoshift is slightly less ridiculous.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
Gragas

Barrel Roll damage reduced to 85/135/185/235/285 from 100/150/200/250/300

Drunken Rage mana restored while channeling reduced to 30/45/60/75/90 from 40/55/70/85/100"

Why are they nerfing Gragas, he's already not that strong of a pick ;[

Also, Sion lost alot of base health, jesus lol.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Gragas nerf is stupid. What level of play is he overpowered in? What part of his design does Riot dislike? Anything?

Sona buffs... Q+ charged autoattack is gonna be silly at level 1.

Edit: Just did the math. 96 (.7:1 AP) damage at level 1. Not too bad.

Veil nerf seems justified. Just wish we had more options for MR, tho.

No ashe nerf? ._.
Anivia buff? <.<
Kassadin nerf? <.<
Maokai buff ^^
Zilean nerf ^^
Where's the Shen nerf...

All that said, it's a bad patch because there's no Nidalee buffs/bug fixes. :[

Sums up my thoughts on said patch.

jpak

Smash Lord
No gragas is still strong, just people stopped playing him after the nerf. Lots of champions are still good even after nerfs but people just stop playing them cause they thin it's "drastic."

See Shushei on EU and nicosharp on US for strong gragas. Shushei is a lot better.

safehaven

Banned via Warnings
i think when people tell you to just play as a team in solo queue they entirely misunderstand that the people don't want to follow a leader.

good chance that at least one person wont know how to teamfight and then you just get *****
shen is awesome
but theyre nerfing cho..............
ill just main anivia or something

oh edit
yeah shen carry is possible as long as u lane bot with someone slightly intelligent
then afk farm a lane with ult up for ten minutes with 2 hog

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Sona's always still been good.
She just wasn't a "viable" pick because she needed farm to shine.

And who wants a support who needs farm when you can be like LOL50ATTACKDAMAGESTEROIDWITHSHIELDPLUSANTIAOEPLUSSLOWPLUSMOVEMENTSPEEDPLUSHEALINGPLUSAOEKNOCKUP/STUN

FOR FREE

However, once Sona got to 40%CDR and had the mana pool, she was a king-tier support.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
My mac won't accept .exes. :(
btw i have an iMac 5,1 1gb RAM that i got handmedown and installed 4gb RAM into it and then formatted 90% bootcamp 10% mac partitions and installed windows 7 and now i just use it as a pc :) i have a mac and i can use .exes and dont have bad loadtime :)

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Dan, why nerf Ashe? Being one of the best doesn't mean she needs nerfing, all that does is leave a new best. Then the team with Corki would have guaranteed win b/c he outshines everybody else. Then we'd have to nerf Corki.

Actually Corki could use a tiny damage nerf b/c he already scales well but has absurd poking and harass between Q and R at low levels, then he has his escape and jeez he's so damn good.

She's not overly dominant but her presence is felt when played well and she gets her items, so she's at the right powerlevel for a carry I think.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Ashe's ult is just too good at initiating, and ashe also scales really well with attack speed (better than many other ranged carrys, almost negating a lot of carries AS steroids - eventually)

8 Mana for a 2 second 30% slow at 600 range = lol
60 Mana for a 2 second 30% slow at 1200 range that's aoe that's on 4 second cool down (2.4 @ 40% CDR) that pops banshees veil = mega lol

But that's how it has always been,
Ashe will always outshine every other carry unless they severely out damage her. Her kit is just too insanely good.

Dekar173

Justice Man
Cho nerf/buff is fine by me.

Feast was deceptively powerful, now it's still powerful, just not ridiculously so.

Vorpal spikes buff = happy me.

W damage nerf = didn't touch utility, meh. Still a bamf.

What I'm wondering about is Ryze... Ridiculously OP. Huge range poke that does 100 at level 1 with a 3 second cooldown, gatling combo does 4000 burst at mid build, and he AUTOMATICALLY goes tanky due to his only wanting mana/CdR.

Yuck.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
Seems like a decent patch to me. I've got so many champs i want to play now. I already play Zilean, ChoGath, Udyr, Urgot, Akali, Rammus, Corki, and Malphite well. Now I'm wanting to learn Twisted Fate, Nocturne (gotta be broken good with that kit!), and Sion (even with the nerf, he looks fun).

I can't believe they buffed Anivia! Who was sitting there at Riot thinking "you know who could use a boost? anivia..." I don't get it.

Kleeck

Smash Apprentice
What I'm wondering about is Ryze... Ridiculously OP. Huge range poke that does 100 at level 1 with a 3 second cooldown, gatling combo does 4000 burst at mid build, and he AUTOMATICALLY goes tanky due to his only wanting mana/CdR.

Yuck.
Dekar! Stop spouting your anti-ryze propaganda! I want to get good with him BEFORE he is seen as OP/Top Tier. :)

The Zil nerf makes me sad, but it isn't out of place. Sona gaining some level of depth to her play is a welcomed change. Might play around with her revised kit.

Nocturne is going to be OP. Burst Melee with a DoT, Fear, nuke (or at least ranged dmg ability), Movement increase, SPELL SHIELD w/ attack speed buff, Vision Impairment AND a LONG range teleport to enemy. :scared:Mhmm:scared:.

Also, DAT TREE B STONG!

Zolga Owns

Smash Lord
Guess who's picking Sona back up? Shurelia is amazing for making her more...active. Sure QWEQWEQWEQWERQWEQWEQWER was amusing but I'd like to seem like I'm putting forth real effort. (then again in a premade I make a lot more active decisions with my supports, solo queue everyone is bad.) Also I'm buying Nocturne when I get home today. Another jungler/assassin for me to learn? :D

@Dekar - Why has it taken people so long to realize this? New Ryze is STRONG. Tanky Mage than can do ~3500 damage in midgame teamfights. LOL.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
On the topic of Ryze, as long as he gets a solo lane he'll be set. He can do crazy damage for being so tanky - he's like a Vladimir that keeps on being useful AND actually has resistances. Sure, he doesn't have get-out-of-jail-free-pool but that's minor price that I still don't think puts Vlad ahead of Ryze.

I'm also begun to consider picking up Zil before choosing a major big purchase; he's only 1350 so it'll be easy to farm that back up in a day or two. He seems to be the only other support that can actually change games, so he seems like a good direction to go towards

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Ashe's ult is just too good at initiating, and ashe also scales really well with attack speed (better than many other ranged carrys, almost negating a lot of carries AS steroids - eventually)

8 Mana for a 2 second 30% slow at 600 range = lol
60 Mana for a 2 second 30% slow at 1200 range that's aoe that's on 4 second cool down (2.4 @ 40% CDR) that pops banshees veil = mega lol

But that's how it has always been,
Ashe will always outshine every other carry unless they severely out damage her. Her kit is just too insanely good.
Yeee

Yeah I don't get the anivia buff either...
it's not like she's been significantly hit or anything at all... I just don't get it.
Anivia overall has been buffed compared to when they left her alone. IIRC, her Ult at level 1 has a higher initial cost, but after a few seconds of duration it completely ***** the old Ult. After rank 1, it completely demolishes the old Ult mana wise.

Yay guys! Her ult to nuke combo was dumb in laning, let's nerf that and then make it even better than it was before we nerfed her!

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Yeee

Anivia overall has been buffed compared to when they left her alone. IIRC, her Ult at level 1 has a higher initial cost, but after a few seconds of duration it completely ***** the old Ult. After rank 1, it completely demolishes the old Ult mana wise.

Yay guys! Her ult to nuke combo was dumb in laning, let's nerf that and then make it even better than it was before we nerfed her!
FotM Anivia is great, though, because nobody knows how to use her Q.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Yeee

I could be wrong, but I think they're keeping the initial cost of activating it and just lowering the cost of maintaining it.

Top Bottom