• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Cut it out Tom and DallasPhat. Warnings have been issued this time but next time this happens, infractions will be handed out.
fatal i have literally 8116 pages of infractions

and you know im not lying you can check my profile xD

when did i become such a baby....? LOOK AT ME I AM WHAT I USED TO MODERATE AGAINST WHAT HAVE I BECOME WHERE IS VIRG I NEED HELP

anyways hey how should i jungle Olaf? Runes/Masteries/Build/Path would be really appreciated...I just bought him cuz he seems real fun and I want to try fungling thats fun + jungling

jpak

Smash Lord
armor pen marks and quints. flat armor seals, and flat mr glyphs. you can change the marks to attack speed but its up to you. You can either do a split 15/6/9 or 15/0/15 or 0/21/9. dont go the offensive route. he has too many builds as he can play many roles. go look up lilballz, saintvicious, theoddone, and kobe24 for builds

btw im going to hear how you think the veigar and poppy new skin art is soo cute gg

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
I don't play Veigar at all, but I want to learn just so I can use the leprechaun skin. This is why they make skins, because it suckers people into spending money.

Evanms

Smash Journeyman
nahnah this is when I regret my computer is 54 pounds. Stuck at Georgia tech for computer science thing. When I get back I want to jungle moar. Who should I pick up first: udyr or xin? I used to see px do jungle xin. Is it viable? Any protips px?

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
I've been saved by Urgot today countless times.
I haven't had the displeasure of having an Urgot on my team yet today, but I'm sure I won't be as happy when I finally get one.

I also hate when champions I play are free. Another week of bad Teemo players and Amumu's who get themselves killed in the jungle and miss all of their bandage tosses.

Frolossus

Smash Lord
nahnah this is when I regret my computer is 54 pounds. Stuck at Georgia tech for computer science thing. When I get back I want to jungle moar. Who should I pick up first: udyr or xin? I used to see px do jungle xin. Is it viable? Any protips px?
wait for this patch before making decisions but atm jungle xin is really weak and lane xin is really strong

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
#1 protip is don't jungle Xin. He's much better in lane, particularly if you stick him vs a ranged carry. He's really slow and his path is pretty limited/specific (unless someone leashes blue for you, he can't even do it til like level 4 :\). There's a reason I picked up Trundle for the jungle instead.

Jazriel

Smash Ace
I don't play Veigar at all, but I want to learn just so I can use the leprechaun skin. This is why they make skins, because it suckers people into spending money.
dshield -> tear asap
R > Q > E > W

Getting Meteor over Stun just plain isn't worth it unless you're going to mejai rush (aka roflstomp).

Afkfarm all early game. Don't bother harassing, without Locket he doesn't have the mana for it unless you spec him weirdly.

AP/lvl glyphs, 3/6/21. You could do 9/0/21 but I like more survivability. Get the ap/lvl mastery.

after tear I go DFG -> Deathcap, but I know there are plenty of people who think CDR, Mana Regen, and another 400 dmg nuke just aren't worth it compared to 60 more AP (which you have anyways due to Q passive and ap/lvl spec). Also, get CDR boots.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
One of the funnest junglers IMO. He is very fast, great at 1v1 (if you run into someone in your/their jungle), and very mobile, which makes him good for counterjungling.

jpak

Smash Lord
The man likeS survivability but doesn't put 7 into defense to max Strength of Spirit hmmmmmm.

safehaven

Banned via Warnings
so after being an amazing shen and having an 0-12 renekton (along with a 3-9 vlad)

and then having a level 1 dc in the next game where u go 3-0 in your lane as ashe and still lose

i am sick of solo queue ranked. i mean even if you play amazingly AND play a hard carry you still cant carry a team

Frolossus

Smash Lord
so after being an amazing shen and having an 0-12 renekton (along with a 3-9 vlad)

and then having a level 1 dc in the next game where u go 3-0 in your lane as ashe and still lose

i am sick of solo queue ranked. i mean even if you play amazingly AND play a hard carry you still cant carry a team
team games like LoL aren't about the individual, they are about team work
that means that you need to guide your team, tell them or show them what they need to do through wards and pings

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Solo queue is 100% lolsy luck.

I move 200 elo in like 2-3 days.
I know people who move that much, if not more.
Someone I know whos a scrub has gone up like 400 elo using Jarvan only. I'm now convinced jarvan is op.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
team games like LoL aren't about the individual, they are about team work
that means that you need to guide your team, tell them or show them what they need to do through wards and pings
If your allies don't follow direction there's not much you can do.

At low elo everybody believes they're stuck in elo hell because of everybody else and not their own play, so they don't listen to anybody.

Frolossus

Smash Lord
If your allies don't follow direction there's not much you can do.

At low elo everybody believes they're stuck in elo hell because of everybody else and not their own play, so they don't listen to anybody.
really? pretty sure if you ward baron and the other team tries to go take it and you ping it your team will fight them for it
at least thats how it was back when i was at 800 elo

jpak

Smash Lord
hi play arranged and enjoy the game more ^^
Jazriel pro, btw 30 offense gogo never get hit so just deal LOADS of damage

Evanms

Smash Journeyman

Shen is epiic. My favorite champ... But you can't carry with him. Early game yes, late game...

Cyanide hating on our aram?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
You only need regen over mitigation if you get hit more often. Learn to play.
Uh, you know why more people are considering taking items besides Doran's now right? Because the price increase takes away the option of getting health pots. You see a LOT more people getting cloth armor + pots, boots + pots, Sapp crystal + pots, etc nowadays because of that change. The difference between having to go back early due to a lack of regen, vs potentially winning your lane due to regen is significant enough.

Why do you see people rushing Catalyst all the time? You think it's for the initial health and mana from the item? No, it's because the Regen bonus on level up is AMAZING for laning purposes. Being sustainable during laning leads to more EXP/Gold/Tower damage/potentially winning the lane, and it can also turn a really bad lane MU into something a lot more manageable if you can shrug off a lot of really gay harassment instead of having to go back constantly.

If you're going far enough into the defensive tree to reach Strength of Spirit, you might as well get it. Having that over slightly increased AR or something silly like the dodge mastery is definitely the way to go. Instead of having 6 armor, you could have an extra 5 regen per 5 at a paltry 500 max mana. If you do the math, the increase in health regen benefits most characters more than an armor increase for laning UNLESS the person is incredibly squishy armor wise and has the ****tiest mana pool. But if that's the case, you probably wouldn't be dipping into the defensive tree to begin with.

Top Bottom