• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
He was totally aggressive Slush.

Also, most Sonic mains from Brawl played Rammus at first, but eventually went their own way afterward. It's too varied for any real correlation. Some prefer mid AP, others play AD carry, and some prefer fighters or assassins. :applejack:

Player-3

Smash Hero
Why are you always so aggressive lol

Like you cant make a post without being aggro for some reason. I know you're just joking half the time but it's like you feel the need to establish dominance or some **** lol
because i have no reason to be friendly around a bunch of bronze-platinum nerdlords get good or dont talk to me LOSER

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
the only other Yoshi main was Gashi and he definitely didn't play Renekton.
I certainly don't play him either, my first character was Fiddle/twitch in S1.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I'd main twitch if I didn't wanna ruin his great score in ranked this season before he got popular after the remodel. S5 definitely I'll spam twitch.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
My actual favorite is Quinn but I just dont like her in bot lane atm, and seeing as I main adc, I end up playing mostly Twitch, Lucian, Trist, and Jinx (dem meta picks tho).

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I think my first champion I bought was Ashe (obviously), then Nasus, then the only time I ever spent RP on getting a champion was Ezreal. And then I legitimately don't believe I bought another champion until like, mid season 1.

I climbed to 1500 elo in the early stages (I remember being on page one for about 20 minutes on day 1) using ezreal for everything. Tank, jungler, mid, top, against garen and taric bottom with out a support, didn't care, always won, never lose.
But this was because I caught onto madreds/wiggles as a bat**** insane laning item a good 5+ months before udyr went top with it.

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Back in Season 1, I was saving for Ezreal but I thought when Riot had their champion sales it also meant their IP. So when Sona was on sale, thought I could bank on a sale but I paid full IP cause I didn't know better and was down 4800 from Ez. Supported Lv5-18, then hyper focused Ez up til 25. Then picked up Top Galio, Mid Malz, Jungle Shen/Xin.

Player-3

Smash Hero
i bought shaco and mained shaco till 30

bought morde and mained morde until rengar

bought rengar and mained rengar until i quit

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I got Ziggs for free because of the OCE beta thing, but the first champ I bought with IP was Rumble. He's was my original favourite champ, and the champ that actually got me in to playing LoL. So it's kind of fitting that he's the only champ that I know how to lane with (I mained jungle for ages) and I got my only penta with him.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
the only other Yoshi main was Gashi and he definitely didn't play Renekton.
I will say though, Renekton IS one of my most used tops. Favorite tops in order is something like: Darius, Nasus, Quinn, Renekton

Last edited:

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
First champ bought was Fiddle iirc. Only used Fiddle, Cho and Sivir until lvl 30 and even after. I remember having been forced to buy some 450ip champs the day draft/ranked forced you to have at least 16 champs before entering queue, even though I had been playing since mid season 1.

No Yoshi mains play league.
Zudenka used to play before he got a job, one of the best supports I had the chance to play with. It's on EUW tho.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
this was a while ago, but most of howling abyss' experience is passive which isn't subject to the sharing issue. Also they had a hecka a lot more champ kills so they were higher level.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Ive died 16 times in my last 4 games, and 8 of them were in one game where I was just going deep as **** with Galio ults lol.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I'm thinking of getting Swain because I'm looking at a mage for top lane, but there seems to be a lot of disagreement about what his build is. From what I can tell, RoA and ZH are core and the rest seems disputed after that. Also apparently the skill order is E-Q-W, but I remember a few pages ago someone here mentioned maxing W first the for the mana restoration and the waveclear.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Lissandra Ryze Lulu.

Anyways wut with W for waveclear and mana sustain. Maxing that just makes it cost more mana and do more damage, doesn't extend root or help with waveclear when you can just press R and still use W level 1 on the wave anyways.

Just max Q second for more slow and ability to last hit under turret until you can hit 6 and press R to get one tick of damage on the three ranged minions to freely last hit them.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I like Lissandra's laning but I find her teamfighting really awkward. Same with Ryze, I like his laning but I don't know how to teamfight with him, I just stand in the backline press ult and them spam abilities on their tanks. Lulu I've considered but I'm looking for high AoE DPS mages that scale well damage-wise, whereas she's more of a utility mage with an AoE spell.

I'm guessing then that Swain waveclears quite easily with his R then. He's a tanky AoE mage, so I figured his job in teamfights was just to do as much AoE damage as possible, but I've also heard people say that he's supposed to focus the squishies.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
Dre if you want top laner mages that scale well in aoe damage you might wanna look into Morde or Vlad. Or Cho. You just have to know when not to pick them (like don't pick Morde if people can chain CC you) and you're golden.

Top Bottom