• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

john!

Smash Hero
dre, that was me who recommended maxing W on swain, but i do that mid lane because it's important to have your snare up for trades and ganks, and mid laners tend to push harder than top laners because they want to gank more. top lane is probably matchup-dependent with regards to skill maxing.

swain's core items are hourglass and deathcap. other items i like are void staff (against tanky dudes), ROA (against high damage), abyssal scepter (against ap), frozen heart (against autoattackers/heavy ad), spirit visage (against LOTS of magic dmg) and maybe some other ****. mana items are more important if you're top and don't have access to blue buff.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Thanks for all the info guys.

How much AoE does Vlad actually do? I've only played him a few times and the only AoE he has is his ult and his E, which only damages 3 targets. On paper it doesn't seem like a lot of AoE but I could be wrong.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Vlad top is some secret op top or something like how Lissandra was before I just switched back to Riven.

Went 5-0 with him the past few games I last played him a month back lol

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
My vlad stats is like 80-90% victory rate at plat/diamond OCE after like 25-30 matches.
There really is no shutting down vlad, and in solo queue environments, the lack of coordination just ends up working in vlad's favour every single time.

Your team really has to be braindead / bad in comparison to the other team for them to not take advantage of you getting camped by the jungler (THE ONLY WAY to slow vlad down is by living top, and at best it just slows him down), and no match up exists which Vlad doesn't get better at handling as time goes on, at least out of the common top characters. He will always be able to free farm and push a lane, likely significantly harder than your opponent, and he will basically always take at least 2 enemies to kill and doesn't care if he dies while pushing his lane for the first 30 minutes of the game. He will barely, if ever, miss out on CS - rambo push lane, oh no get hard engaged on by laner (or in some cases jungler shows up), I get away, back, by the time I walk back there waves only started to build and I barely miss anything, rinse repeat until 3 items then you become an unstoppable god until other characters get to 5-6 items (which he then starts to fall off depending on enemy comp).

In terms of winning lane, Vlad's a bit of a gambler, and I'm a much better gambler (blackjack pro / akagi devotee) than most of my lanes. I start to work with E stacks as early as level 2, and by level 5 I'm usually looking at keeping up stacks. No one out trades vladimir with 4 stacks of E, sure it hurts him [a lot], but your opponent if they get hit is taking A LOT MORE. Unless the opponent can harass/engage you outside of your range or before you can get an E/Q on them first, they won't win any trade. A character like Warwick or Singed just has to live with the fact they're taking close to 150 base damage at level 4 every 4 seconds; emphasis on "live with", in singed case he can only proxy, and in warwick's case he better hope he has teleport and just stalls at xp range without getting last hits until level 6.

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
That's pretty much all I do as vlad, push to their turret forever and have the jungler top 24/7.
Think there was a game I was 3/9 then once I finally felt like grouping it turned to 9/14 and we won cause I had over 300+ farm at 25 mins in.

Even though it's kinda suicide to go vlad against Riven or Irelia, I honestly think even if I chose him into those two I'd still win if the other lanes don't flop as well.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I'm pretty successful against Riven actually, Irelia, not so much.
ever since that shield nerf I think the match ups been in vlad's favour. She takes Q and E before she gets in (and they out damage the shield, and otherwise you can often find the time to wait out the shield still), and has to use 2 of her Qs to get in without doing any damage.
I have to respect the bull **** flash plays, but that's all she has. All in flash plays, oh and all in level 1 plays.

Riven pushes the lane way too hard during her regular lane domination flow charts, or chooses to stand within minion range to apply that pressure. That doesn't work against Vlad well at all. I bait the level 1 engage every time to get the lane pushing in my favour, and if i get to level 4 "for free", all I ever see is riven qqing and begging for jungler ganks.

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
The problem with Riven (while yes the shield lasting almost 3 seconds used to be a problem in general) was just the fact she can Q and stun vlad twice in the 24+ (depending if you have more than 10% cdr level 1 or not) second span of vlad's W cd with little to no punishment levels 1-4 until vlad gets either armor or spellvamp.

You risk either using 20% health to avoid stun while she just holds her last 2 or 1 Q to hit you and one auto, or hold on to W so you don't lose 20% health but still lose a decent chunk from the abilities she's spamming on your liquid body.

The only plus in this MU for Vlad really is the fact decent Riven mains know that CDR makes her Riven so she'll have 0 MR to have cdr scaling blues, 9 flat, or 6 flat 3 scaling.

Irelia just random ass stun that works whenever it feels like it and true damage, self explanatory on why vlad loses against her.

Last edited:

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I'm surprised no one here has mentioned how broken Azir is. That champion is so stupid. I expect he'll be picked/banned a fair bit in upcoming pro matches.

wingedarcher7

The PSI Powerhouse
NNID
speedstar623
3DS FC
3411-2028-1159

I'm a little surprised to come on here and see no talk on the new champion: Kalista.

A marksman/adc who has this interesting mechanic of choosing an ally on their team to soul-bind to which activates interesting mechanics like increased damage and even the use of the ultimate. Has something similar to Twitch's E, but with potentially infinite stacks. Seems interesting overall and I'm looking forward to her considering ADC is my favorite role!

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/champion-reveal/kalista-spear-vengeance-revealed

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
all i remember is everyone saying azir sucked ****
That's what I remember too.

That hop thing Kalista does seems pretty good for an ADC.

Most champs that have been released this season have seen a decent amount of competitive play (Jinx and Lucian were S4 weren't they?). The two biggest exceptions are Gnar and Velkoz. Gnar probably didn't see play purely because his rage mechanic is non-comptetitive in nature, and Velkoz is just a ****ter version of Ziggs who has to choose between skilling up his harrass or his waveclear.

Last edited:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I still dont completely understand her soul bound thing so I dont have any thoughts on her.

And I kinda think her passive is a double edged sword, its cool she gets a small hop forward and all, but you can make split second mobility changes while autoing which imo seems like it'd feel clunky and REALLY suck if you make a minor misclick while orb walking (hopping into the enemy hype). But hey, maybe it will feel just fine and Im just worried about nothing.

Personally not a fan of her from a visual standpoint though.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
azir is dumb and they're buffing him, like, rito go die

does anyone know what these global stat changes to champions are?

Edit: Clarity:

Balance Changes
* Remember *: The PBE is a testing grounds for new, tentative, and sometimes radical changes. The changes you see below may be lacking context or other accompanying changes that didn't make it in - don't freak out! These are not official notes.
Champions
[[All Champions]]

• As a part of the preseason 2015 changes, all champions have received significant tweaks to their base stats

Last edited:

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
Yeah they're buffing everyone's base stats and nerfing their stats per level in order to make level advantage less potent.

And that new champ is totally Ashe 2K14 with a spoonful of CertainlyT bull****.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Yeah they're buffing everyone's base stats and nerfing their stats per level in order to make level advantage less potent.

And that new champ is totally Ashe 2K14 with a spoonful of CertainlyT bull****.
Why am I not surprised that undead Nidalee was designed by by CertainlyT.

Another CertainlyOP champ hits the rift.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
I wish riot Would make up thier mind about buffing quinns auto attack range. It's been buffed then reverted on the pbe like 4 times.

Reading the cassiopia change discussion threads also ruins all hope I had for thier rework and character creation teams.
Riots new theme for characters seems to be slapping 4 passive onto their kit and adding some %damage or regen and then keeping the base abilities lower in numbers to make it look less strong.
How they gutted cassiopias early damage and flexibility in item build by changing her passive bothers me so much. Before Cass had to chose between mana regen, cdr, straight damage, or sustain like all the other mids. Now she just goes tear>AP because she gets free sustain from her passive that scales with ap, free mana regen for last hitting with a .5 sec move, and a free death cap and 25% cdr late game. They made the choices she had to make earlygame non existent and then killed her lane bullying so she didn't fit in her old niche. Yeah late game she gets stupid amounts of free ap and healing on e, but that wasn't why you went cass. Azir/ryze already fill that role of late game dps, and are tankier or safer to begin with.
pjsalt
Cass/Sion reworks were really disapointing.

Last edited:

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
Sion rework is pretty fun, even though I hate passives that require you to die. I wouldn't say that it captures the soul of the character nor that he's good, but his kit is pretty entertaining.

Cassio tho, what was the point of giving her gigantic amounts of AP if you annihilate her AP ratios ?

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Rito dev team.
As I've said countless times. Rito gotta add % to everything.

Expect poppy to prolly have % based damage from her health mana or something, or just in all 4 of her moves.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
New poppy kit:
passive: taking damage more than 10% oof your current health causes %hp regen scaling with level of x seconds
q : current q, more range on that auto like wukong
w: stacks % armor/ad instead of flat. Active max stacks+movespeed
e: same move, if the target is marked by ult they take eXtra dmg based on poppies missing hp
r: marks a target, %increased damage to them, %movespeed buff towards them, %damage reduction and %tenacity for the moves by everyone not marked. Blocks first tower shot too.

That would be a better solution that whatever rework they come up with, she'd still play the same but could be made actually decent without being super toxic

She'll probably get a rework giving her a skillshot cc move, a dash on low cooldown, her old q and 7 passive for an ult

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Sounds about right.
Regurgitate same old kits and overload them with so much that they become bugged as hell like Azir or so broken they have to change/rework the character 3/4 times (Rengar kha'zix Kassadin)

Last edited:

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Sion rework is pretty fun, even though I hate passives that require you to die. I wouldn't say that it captures the soul of the character nor that he's good, but his kit is pretty entertaining.

Cassio tho, what was the point of giving her gigantic amounts of AP if you annihilate her AP ratios ?
They didn't though, E's ratio is actually higher when maxed even without counting the passive, even though everything else has lower bases or ratios or both. That combined with the reset on cast instead of when it hits with the old cassio means her damage is insanely loaded into her E while taking it out of everything out.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I wish there was an option to use old splash arts. I hate the new Rumble and Wukong splashes. Not only do I dislike the new art, but they don't look like the characters in-game.

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Sounds like 99% of their splash arts.
Even remodels like Sion Twitch etc, the rest of their skins are still their old models which makes it seem ****ty.

john!

Smash Hero
the new round of splash arts isn't that bad compared to some of the earlier ones (fiddle, nasus, old renekton, new twitch, etc.)

the only splash arts that have always been the same for me are anivia, kennen, poppy, rammus, and ww. probably a good thing, since those heroes all used to be some of my favorites, and the old splashes remind me of back when they were viable :(

Last edited:

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
There isn't an option but there's a way to put back the old splash arts. Just download the old ones on the wikia and replace them in the game folder.

And yeah I've already whined about it but I hate how all the new splash arts are just blue and orange everywhere.

Top Bottom