• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
The upcoming changes to the jungle look insane.
Will this be the season where Riot says they're changing jungle so they can carry, and mean it!?

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Well, dunno bout that. When I think of people carrying, it was Mid laners or AD carries. Rarely top laners since mundo renekton shyvana trundle for like almost 5 months.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
I actually really liked when mundo renek shyv and trund ruled top lane. good times, funny how meta shifts so quickly.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
She still kinda is.
Only reason she was good is because of that 2.5 second long shield based off her ad. So press R and get over 500 ad (Old BT) and have a shield worth almost 1k

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Remember when you can click on the character's minimap icons to get their stats and items? I miss that the most. :applejack:

Frolossus

Smash Lord
new summoners rift is pretty sexy
it feels like some parts of the map are a little stretched out compared to what they were before. it may just be due to the aesthetics of the map but yeah

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Remember when you can click on the character's minimap icons to get their stats and items? I miss that the most. :applejack:
Speaking of minimap icons, I think they should make your own icon have a different color border like your HP bar. I know its not that important, but for consistency's sake I really want it; having my health bar and everything else be a different color than the rest of my team but then have the same color on the mini map triggers my ocd and I dont even have ocd lol.

Last edited:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
They promised to fix the icon clicking thing a long time ago. Then just never did. ; ; :applejack:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
There were also different win strategies back in the day too ;\
For so long the flow/process of winning in this has been set in stone with no variation. I earnestly find Chess to be more dynamic than what we see these days; but maybe that's because I'm by no means a Chess expert, haha.

"OH THAT WAS SUCH A GOOD MOVE WOW" [Chess]
vs
"woot, one weakness in map pressure = sudden group up on an objective into a clean sweep in map control that gets stalled out with the same result for 30-40 minutes" [League for 2 and a half seasons].

Last edited:

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
he means build variety
which is basically non-existent in recent characters
Ah fair enough.

There were also different win strategies back in the day too ;\
For so long the flow/process of winning in this has been set in stone with no variation. I earnestly find Chess to be more dynamic than what we see these days; but maybe that's because I'm by no means a Chess expert, haha.

"OH THAT WAS SUCH A GOOD MOVE WOW" [Chess]
vs
"woot, one weakness in map pressure = sudden group up on an objective into a clean sweep in map control that gets stalled out with the same result for 30-40 minutes" [League for 2 and a half seasons].
That's a result of development of the metagame more then anything else. I mean there are still moves and prediction but the general choking stategy is because the game has becoming more solved in understanding what you can reliably control based on phase and level of advantage.

Actually chess has this problem to a LARGER degree, gain a material advantage without an equivalent or larger positional gains it's easy to simply force trades that result in a won game. Furthermore in chess, at high levels of play people often remember a lot of these positions as truly solved and the game is actually over.

I used to play chess and the issue of stagnation due to the game being too solved was why I left. Not that I was amazing, I was just considering going full on into the competitive scene and this stopped me.

Last edited:

HammerHappy

Smash Apprentice
http://www.surrenderat20.net/2014/11/1112-pbe-update.html

Fiora 'nerfs'.

But really it just makes one shotting a carry easier.

Super great.
That carry should probably get a team to reduce some of those bounces. Besides, those base damage hits are huge.
The whole point of those nerfs is to get Fiora to stop autowinning teamfights and in exchange gets to **** over top lane even harder if she gets fed.

Isn't Guinsoo supposed to be reworking her so she's more like a duelist and less like a walking R button?

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Still increase my minion dps by dumb amounts? Give CDR? Super Minion?

If it's a defensive item that's honestly/possibly better, haha. I gotta fit in a defensive item at some point :> Although banshees is maybe was so good.

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
it doesn't increase minion damage anymore, it just makes the seige minion immune to magic damage and buffs it a bit more

Top Bottom