• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
Yeah the passive minion buff is gone and it only gives 60ap and 10% cdr, instead you get everything aegis does, so there.

Also all those new items make me highly uncomfortable, like there are a lot of cool new actives and stuff but really all the rest seems very bizarre.
Only 1/4 of the new jungle items has scaling (down from 4/4), none of the elixirs have, a lot of the new items don't give any stat beside health and health regen, MR amount has been nerfed over the board.

I'll wait till I play it, but I really don't see the point of most of that stuff.

Edit : but who buys item that only give health anyway ? Not even Garen does that. Not even Volibear.

Last edited:

Player-3

Smash Hero
Yeah the passive minion buff is gone and it only gives 60ap and 10% cdr, instead you get everything aegis does, so there.

Also all those new items make me highly uncomfortable, like there are a lot of cool new actives and stuff but really all the rest seems very bizarre.
Only 1/4 of the new jungle items has scaling (down from 4/4), none of the elixirs have, a lot of the new items don't give any stat beside health and health regen, MR amount has been nerfed over the board.

I'll wait till I play it, but I really don't see the point of most of that stuff.

Edit : but who buys item that only give health anyway ? Not even Garen does that. Not even Volibear.
m u n d o

Player-3

Smash Hero
It's okay Shaya, there's always AD jungle Malz which is quite good since the voidlings proc elder -oh wait.

Well, aside from the famous 6 warmogs build not really.
i have no clue what item ur talking about so i was just guessing i havent bothered looking at notes yet brb ill check them out

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Really, they're all good on her. The only one that's not AS good would be the counterjungle item, but even that gives something. The Trailblazer also heals you whenever you smite by 15% of your missing health/mana and reduced smite to 45 seconds. Infinite sustain mang. :applejack:

Last edited:

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
No I'm talking about the other stuff like new Ohmwrecker and the cristalline bracer. Cristalline is kinda ok because it's just a component item, but ohm is like 300 hp + 30 armor for a completed item. This is executioner's blade all over again.

The new Shurelya might be interesting on tanky supports and junglers, the rest idk.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
speaking of poppy, why hasn't she been eve'd yet? She showed up in the EU promotion tournament and carried, as I remember that was the deal.

HammerHappy

Smash Apprentice
That item was pretty much expressly designed for champs like Trundle,Volibear, Singed who have trouble initiating. Honestly heal tanking is going to be so strong S5.

No I'm talking about the other stuff like new Ohmwrecker...
I feel that the item is highly situational, but it encourages team play and tower clearing. At lower elo, tanks hate tanking damage (tower hits) for the team because often times the team runs away when enemy champs come dashing towards the tower i.e. Shen or Rammus. What often happens is that the tank gets taunted and rarely gets away alive, meanwhile the team retreats and stalls a couple of feet from the tower watching them get taunted to death when they could have secured a tower kill if they were united with roughly similar cost.

Letting the team know that you're using ohmwrecker gives more psychological unity and objective clearance because it encourages aggressive play style within a small window time frame that isn't usually afforded in most circumstances. It gives more options for extended sieges and the fact that it opens up your team to being more aggressive and making plays makes the game much more dynamic, enjoyable, and usually pushes the chances of winning in your favor.

Even if you had an essential item in that slot as a replacement item that immensely boosts your base stats, you cannot ensure that you will be able to effectively use those core stats to assist your team assuming you are a tank oriented character like Braum or Leona when there is a strong stimulus for your team to run away once you die if you are attempting to clear an inner tower. Note, to clear the inner tower itself, not necessarily the champions defending the tower.

Although possessing an item like Ohmwrecker isn't any guarantee that your team will focus on clearing the objective during the duration of the disable, emphasizing the point that the tower is down and should be cleared orients teams especially ones at lower elo to focus on clearing critical objectives as top priority rather than making their primary focus side objectives like finishing off the downed towers instead of chasing the enemy into their own fountain space.

HammerHappy

Smash Apprentice
Apparently it's nice on Udyr late game since you can solo towers and will be frequently running in between them.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
speaking of poppy, why hasn't she been eve'd yet? She showed up in the EU promotion tournament and carried, as I remember that was the deal.
Because she still sucks **** in a professional setting.

It also helps that of all the good top laners that were available in that game, they picked the single one that doesn't wreck her in lane. :applejack:

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
well let's see. There's about 6 hours left til smash.

I'll have to update, that's at least 2 hours, plus it might crash during the update so add anther hour to that
After that I have to sit at my computer desk awkwardly until someone invites me to a game, that could take anywhere from 5 minutes to 3 hours.
Then I have to wait til a match is found, which can take anywhere from one minute to 3 hours due to that one ***** that always doesn't click ok or people that dip because they don't get the role they want
and of course playing the actual game which takes on average about 40 minutes, plus the 5 minutes of **** talking afterwards if we win, can factor that time out if we lose because it'll just go straight out of the results screen.

If my math is right, this could potentially not even get me one game going, so that seems like too much effort.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
That was because she got 2 early kills +double buffs which helped her **** up (I think) maokai before he could get really tanky and him ****ing poppy up instead of the opposite.

Otherwise that's the only game and champs that're currently still popping up from the grave so far since that happened that've gotten nerfs or attention of some kind is Akali kat Jayce Rammus fiddle Soraka etc.

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
There's a reason to play Shaco?
No.
S4 was basically only way to play Shaco being Elder/Feral with hydra shiv. (26 AS level 1 + Madred's made clearing feel faster compared to AP blues and only 11 AS with elder, but benefit being tons of mana returned with elder+tiamat)

Still same with Preseason but honestly, because of the camps hitting harder and after first clear they take out the box before it can even fear them, I'm still stuck between either Warrior or Devourer.
Shaco still feels weak even with the Hydra Shiv combo, and because of the upgrade for either of those two is 2.2k compared to feral being like 1800 or something around there, it just takes longer for him to get tiamat/shiv. He just needs to get the rework/buffs already. I honestly think even heimer jungle can work better than Shaco since his turrets can take a hit + more. (that and AOE abilities compared to shaco just single target everything)

New smite keeps him healthy but still takes forever until tiamat acquired .

Last edited:

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Do most junglers struggle the solo the jungle now, because I went into a custom as Wukong and couldn't clear a small camp after soloing a buff. I'm guessing everyone's going to need hard leashes now...

Last edited:

HammerHappy

Smash Apprentice
There's a reason to play Shaco?
1) New jungle restricts champs to two pots only. Shaco doesn't care because he has boxs to take aggro. This is a huge boost to his strong invades because the enemy jung has a high chance of being low (esp Rengar/Kha) and even if you happen to not get the kill the damage you do will force them to B.

2) Counter jungling is far more serious with camp worth and spawn times. Using smite on enemy wolf camp acts like a ward that pays you basically. So not only is Shacos counter jungling safe, he also has reason #3 now.

3) Rangers Trailbazer stuns camps with AOE damage and restores mana/hp. This is huge on Shaco because his slow ass clearing without box stack. It also lets his boxs hold aggro for longer, which means more backstabs + box damage. And ofc the healing isn't unwanted.

4) Dragon is huge in S5. It gives permanent buffs to your entire team. Shaco can solo drag early with his boxs/clones. Doing drags early is going to be a requirement for top tier S5 jungs. Though the drag buffs will probably get nerfed.

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
ha, **** that, everyone just sucks then. I accidentally forgot to take smite while jungling cuz I hadn't played this game in forever and wasn't paying attention. But then I realized smite is for ******* and went through the jungle ez pz anyway

I just build random **** too and I didn't die til like 20 minutes in when we were so far ahead I just kept suicide bombing.

Edit: this post might be invalidated since it's a week old and only the aesthetics were changed (dragon still hurt like a ***** tho)

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Yes, especially wukong.
Leashes are needed, even shaco needs a leash somehow.

I can no longer just smite red, gank mid, then do blue and have smite up. I recommend keeping away from the razor beaks or wutever, they **** you up harder than buffs.

1) New jungle restricts champs to two pots only. Shaco doesn't care because he has boxs to take aggro.
Only one buff, all the camps are stronger and again destroy the box before it can fear them unless you tank two hits from razors/gromp/wolves (not worth from the little damage the box will get off since the camps will destroy that poor box in an instant)

2) Counter jungling is far more serious with camp worth and spawn times. Using smite on enemy wolf camp acts like a ward that pays you basically. So not only is Shacos counter jungling safe, he also has reason #3 now.
Smite is longer and the only viable/good smite option is the 45 second one that restores, taking the counterjungle one is about only good on Nunu right now.

3) Rangers Trailbazer stuns camps with AOE damage and restores mana/hp. This is huge on Shaco because his slow *** clearing without box stack. It also lets his boxs hold aggro for longer, which means more backstabs + box damage. And ofc the healing isn't unwanted.
Nothing to say bout this because it's true, tho you can't just go smiting every camp you wanna do like you could previously until you get the trailbazer. That and Shaco is just about ganking early on, not clearing camps. It's maybe fine to go smite razor beaks to find any wards before going mid, but otherwise I'd prolly just do that camp and start ganking. Not smiting the wolves (not needed for shaco cause Red > blue early on) Gromp is for farming jungle faster, and krugs too far down there and only useful for stunning camps, again farming.

4) Dragon is huge in S5. It gives permanent buffs to your entire team. Shaco can solo drag ear-
No.
Dragon absolutely ****s Shaco up, especially the clone. Holy **** I remember trying at level 7 and one attack from dragon took the clones health from full to 10 or 15% health.

I never dipped faster in my life.

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
One that gives people CC for people who don't have any (shyvana) one for counterjungling and going sanic speed (nunu) one for true damage for a couple hits (WW/yi, which is why WW is getting banned and even the nerfs that happened this patch), and then the one that's viable for literally every single champ.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Because she still sucks **** in a professional setting.

It also helps that of all the good top laners that were available in that game, they picked the single one that doesn't wreck her in lane. :applejack:
That was because she got 2 early kills +double buffs which helped her **** up (I think) maokai before he could get really tanky and him ****ing poppy up instead of the opposite.

Otherwise that's the only game and champs that're currently still popping up from the grave so far since that happened that've gotten nerfs or attention of some kind is Akali kat Jayce Rammus fiddle Soraka etc.
Ya, I know she's not actually good but I'm referring to morello's comments about her getting played in a professional setting period. Maybe I'm just misremembering the actual comment, might've been specifically LCS or something of that nature.

I really REALLY don't like poppy's core design and I'm perfectly happy with her getting kicked when she's down because that ult is that much BS.

Last edited:
Top Bottom