• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
What about top lane Shyvana, ignoring the fact that champs like Jayce/Elise are really popular up top right now? She seems like such a fun champ, but I don't think I'd enjoy jungling with no cc. Solo lane though...
Mallet, Hydra, Wit's End, maybe Sunfire or Randuins?

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
I love the new Yi a lot, but man Meditate just seems so... bad.
The damage reduction is nice and all, taking less damage once everyone has Last Whisper/Void Staff than old Meditate is nice and all, but the heal is just next to worthless which is a bummer, especially considering how prevalent healing reduction is in this game. At least with the live Meditate you can counter Ignite; Ignite deals 410 damage lategame and cuts Meditate's healing down to 400 both over 5 seconds. PBE Yi has 120 base heal that can (theoretically) get increased to 240 assuming you are at ~0 health when using it.
There's already enough downside to using Meditate considering your position is static while using it, and you are dealing 0 damage while using it which is a big deal on a carry. To then make the heal just bad... I don't get it.
I feel like it's better to just not bother with Meditate because that's mana that could be spent on critting Alpha Strikes resets.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Whenever i Shyvana jungle, i tend to get the most or 2nd most cs in the game lol. Afk farm, laner dies/goes back, take all his farm then back to farming the jungle. Come out of jungle with spirit of golem + damage item (usually botrk or tiamat depending on my gold values i went back) and i'm set.

Bligdewater/botrk does wonders for shyvana ganks though. People comain about shyvana ganks sucking. They only suck against people who are hard to gank in the first place like kennen, jayce, elise.. all the meta champs basically. Yall ain't seeing people only play the top meta picks in solo que/normals so its not hard to gank with shyvana usually.

Edit: Yi's meditate was probably toned down for when he goes behind his turrent to heal back up to full in lane.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
So.. about Synda.
how isn't that ***** in like every single game?

Her level 2 ult with like 100 AP does close to 800-900 damage to a single target.
What the ****?

And it isn't avoidable once it's started...
and you're stunned for most of the damage/etc during it...

so.... Malzahar what?

what in god's **** is the counterplay to this champion?
zhonya's

unless they have no AD

in which case stack rod of ages

Also people on OCE dont know how to deal with split pushing or Fiora. it makes me happeh~

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
PBE Yi has 120 base heal that can (theoretically) get increased to 240 assuming you are at ~0 health when using it.
There's already enough downside to using Meditate considering your position is static while using it, and you are dealing 0 damage while using it which is a big deal on a carry..
That's per second for four seconds.
I believe the heal per second is locked in from when you use meditate as well.
Being at 40% health equates to the current meditate values.

Realistically the only things getting nerfed here are relating to his Ult and Meditate. I'll definitely be losing my "Always having ult up" situation (which is just how things work if you aren't dying in fights and there's at least one assist for you) and getting 1 assist or kill won't restore meditate, which IMO, really ****ing sucks - the old "Alpha strike to meditate" 0 health penta kill is dead (I only play AD Yi as I say this, I'm actually a real man)

A bit of CDR is going to be helpful on new Yi, but it's not going to feel the same as lower values of CDR currently do on Yi (which makes "assists" hyper scale, so to speak) [which make him relevant post 16 no matter ****ing what IMO].

What I gather the Olaf changes on the way are making him a bit more prone to wanting to building damage. Cool.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I loved playing AD Yi top back in season two. Not so much now though.
I'll definitely give the reworked Yi another go when he comes out. :applejack:

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Not sure if I agree with the ranged W change, since that requires him to be in his short range to do the damage, but everything else I think is relatively fair, and, depending on his numbers, he could still be strong.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
o.o'

melee champs are still viable lol. i think ur referring to fighters specifically :x

zed,kha,rene,zac,shen,malph,tryndamere,diana, and even jarvan have all seen successful play since the KOR fotm ryze,jayce kennen triforce came to fruition.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Ranged W was in need of a nerf for a long time

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
does anyone know how to fix the issue where pvp.net/client stays open (started happening with 3.9)when u go into the game. It's dropping my actual ingame performance.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
does anyone know how to fix the issue where pvp.net/client stays open (started happening with 3.9)when u go into the game. It's dropping my actual ingame performance.

I've been having the same problem, as well as PVP.net connection problems that i never had with the last patch. My client closes after every game too, i have to relog just to get back into it.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
funny enough, I was having the exact same problems you two are having now in the last patch, and havent had those problems this patch yet lol.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I love the new Yi a lot, but man Meditate just seems so... bad.
Can't you theoretically just use it for its damage reduction when you're about to be hit by something big, kind of like how Kayle's ult should be used? Idk, I just know I'll be glad if Yi can no longer heal to full under tower in lane anytime he wants.

Full Metal Rammus going on sale tomorrow aw yeah. Glad I refunded the skin way back when.

Also holy crap, Jayce no longer levels up his ult and instead has 6/6/6 abilities. RIP Karma.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Mid kha is sorta dead not that he doesnt have the wave clear/sustain he used to. but man does his q hurt.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
You level and evolve Q first, duel everyone all the time (any lane or even jungle). Evolve jump second, and then last evolve based on their comp (if it's an aoe rapefest team, get ulti, otherwise get the W).

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
they didn't touch his sustain

just his wave clear.

Mid kha still works fine. Go tiamat+mobos.

tho i do like him more top now q is so good vs health stackers now.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
i can't play ranked till this gets fixed. Latency op.

pls riot

pls
Is it this? http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=38452622#38452622
Sounds like Riot's doing everything they can but they need Verizon to do something about it, and VZ is being really slow to respond.

Is it where you have 2 of the League icons on your taskbar? I started noticing that this patch too. Is it affecting just your FPS? I haven't noticed (and I damn well shouldn't after buying this computer)

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
The client stays open when the game starts now, and for lower end computers, this really screws up their performance.

I haven't noticed anything, and my computer is definitely leaning on the lower end of the spectrum, but I can see why it'd mess with others. I've had fps drops to 0 before. It makes playing the game impossible. :applejack:

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
oh, alrighty. I've seen people still max and evolve w first so i was confused if it was still the best thing to evolve but I'll go with q.

Is jungling with kha viable still

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
well. my computers not lower end. Just old-ish. I can run most high end games on it just fine.

but ya.

3.9 is causing me laaaaaaaaaag it started happening in 3.8. WOuld get random lag spikes with no change in fps or ping.

then with this patch i noticed a huge chunk of fps decrease(usually get 110-120) and i'm dropping as low as 20-50) and i'm also getting 120 ping compared 60 ping i used to get pre 3.9.
no it's not a verizon issue. I use brighthouse which is separate from them afaik.

I saw posts on reddit about the pvp.net/client extra open issue and so i assumed it was that. Cuz that's the only thing that's been made obvious to me that would cause it. Unless it's a more server based problem.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
then with this patch i noticed a huge chunk of fps decrease(usually get 110-120) and i'm dropping as low as 20-50) and i'm also getting 120 ping compared 60 ping i used to get pre 3.9.
no it's not a verizon issue. I use brighthouse which is separate from them afaik.
I think it's deeper than that. Read the red posts in the threads, the guy said something about there being a corrupt pathway somewhere along the line, I think he likened it to potholes on certain roads you might take when traveling across the country. Doesn't matter what provider you have, as long as it's crossing this crappy road it's going to have problems or something. Idk I'm not a network engineer huehue

Top Bottom