• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Vyke

Smash Champion
I have never seen a community suggest tiamat so much

it's crazy how much you guys love the item. Though I guess 11% of games people build Hydra.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Im starting to build it even when I shouldnt.

Hydra on Yorick is too fun lmao. Soooo many auto resets with that Q and Hydras active, so dickish lmao.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Tiamat/Hdyra is so good, and I really can't see how some people still think its bad.
All the "Bloodthirster gives more AD and lifesteal blah blah blah" talk fails to realize how insane having a free low CD auto attack reset, and how good AoE damage/lifesteal is especially when you consider how quickly the AoE damage starts to outdo the higher single target damage. Then you get to top it off with crazy waveclear on characters that might otherwise be lacking.
At first I started only building on Renekton because you can use the active to cancel his W animation early but still get the full stun off. Then it just started to branch out from there. Rengar getting FOUR auto attacks off immediately after jumping on somebody? Auto, double Q, activate Hydra... Or better yet if you can set up a tripple Q into Hydra, though that is more situational. Regardless you just blow people up insanely fast. Q maxing Khazix can still get super fast waveclear and strong sustain. Garen Spin + Hydra too fun. The list just goes on.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Yeah I build it on Rengar/Tryn/Gangplank and like I said earlier, I really liked it on Yorick (although Ive only done it once and I pretty much destroyed my lane and got fed, so I dont know if its worth it without getting ahead on him, prob not, but maybe). I also wanna try it out on Darius and Wukong sometime, but havent gotten around to it yet since I mainly just play adc and jungle so I dont top that much.

Varist

Smash Lord
Lucian's ultimate AP scaling will be nerfed without a doubt. If he gets released in his current form he'll be the single most overpowered champion in the history of this game. So he won't be released in that condition

Okuser

Smash Ace
I like the new loading screen and that you can see peoples summoner icons because now there's a reason to use my season 2 diamond icon.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
So I was theorycrafting in my head and was wondering if anybody had already tried a this kind of comp : j4/ww top/jungle, ez mid, sivir bot and a support like Janna.
Ignore enemy team, acquire objectives.

Vyke

Smash Champion
Single most overpowered champion in the history of the game? That's a bit of an exaggeration. Or you just never played before Season 1.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Single most overpowered champion in the history of the game? That's a bit of an exaggeration. Or you just never played before Season 1.
My vote goes to either Release Xin, release LB, or release TF.

EDIT: I TOTALLY FORGOT NASUS RELEASE BEFORE HIS IMMEDIATE HOTFIX. They made a mistake with his ult making the AP ratio of his ult 1.0 on his AOE MAX HEALTH PER SECOND, so essentially if you had 100 AP, you did 100% of the enemies health per second. That was pretty OP.

Player-3

Smash Hero
thinking either of those come close to tfs non-ult global teleport with aoe gold card is pretty funny

not to mention 100% jax dodging everything including tower shots and spawn lazers

or anivia where her q explosion caused everything on the map to be stunned and take damage, that was my favorite

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Oh yeah, forgot Jax, but I put TF. And I actually didnt know Anivia did that on release, LOL.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
The reason you get hydra is because it gives you ridiculous sustain in situations in which you'd be at a disadvantage prior -

Being inside a large wave of minions or diving for a particular enemy and having their team engage you (usually within that melee range, lol) equates to considerable amount of health gains.

Like, Auto -> Hydra -> Auto will be giving you 400+ health heals inside minion waves, and depending on enemy tankiness, less but still relevant.

This means with a hydra, chasing someone into a minion wave (especially if you ignore unit collision) is actually a really awesome scenario. You'll be having access to a ******** sustain mechanic engaging someone 1v1 who'll naturally be weaker against you because of tiamat/hydra's AA reset, 100% of base AD extra burst, dat sustain (most likely).
Although tiamat helps these scenarios by killing creeps who'd otherwise be applying tons of damage to you, only in the champion case is it extremely helpful (mitigating damage) to have hydra over tiamat.

For this reason of being able to jump someone in waves, I find any melee with a gap closer + tiamat (and hence beyond) beats almost every AP mid, and likely everyone else who doesn't buy the same item.

Player-3

Smash Hero
release yorick was probobly the worst character to have ever been introduced....

unless u mean the hotfix after where they buffed him an incredible amount and he became broken

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Nunu's steroid only applies to one person, but yeah he's better than ww in every role so it should be more practical.
WW's W tho, this skill is stupid good.
When making comps as enticing as it is to have this one op benefit u gotta look which covers the most scenarios effectively for ur comp.

Objective control? check.

As steroid/tank? check.

good peel/disengage if/when things go bad when forcing down objectives? check.

ww would just be a useless w bot that would end up feeding cuz ww is bad.

not to mention the utility it brings to ur adc with the ms.

u honestly don't need more than bb on adc/janna shield to force turrets down :p jarvan is just icing on the cake.

or u could be hipster and use ww and spam laugh and it's only fun if they run.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
I know, but it is intended to put 4 layers of icing on the cake. I mean jarvan banner + ez W + sivir's ult, etc etc.

D

Deleted member

Ryze

• MS is now 340 (up from 335)
  • [Q] - Overload - Range is now 600 (down from 650)
  • [W] - Rune Prison - Now costs 60/70/80/90/100 Mana (down from80/90/100/110/120 Mana)
  • [W] - Rune Prison - Now has a range of 600 (down from 625)
  • [E] - Spell Flux - Range is now 600 (down from 700)
  • [R] - Desperate Power - Now grants 60/70/80 Movement Speed (up from 35/45/55)
this seems like such an odd change. While it is nice they unified his range (unlessi m mistaken in the difference between how AA and targeted spell range is calculated his AA is also this trange), but it seems kind of a nerf (eg. vladimir is now actually in range with his spells when you can land rune prison [or any other spell])

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
It stops you from getting overload potshots. Range nerfs are significant on how you play a champ.

Ryze needs to be more risker in lane though, so i agree with these changes.

Coney

Smash Master
play her a few times so you know how her moves work

once you know her abilities and cds its just a matter of baiting and outlasting

NEVER fight her with ult up, if she ults disengage immediately and reengage with your ult

tbh you beat riven by being a huge *********, whittle her down when you can and never let her all-in

Top Bottom