• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Okuser

Smash Ace
his ult is a frickin' driveby

that's pretty sweet

@gashi: you really can't tell whether a champion will be OP until you have the numbers on his kit

everyone could tell that Zac was going to be op based on just looking at his kit before release. and then he was released, and was OP as **** go figure.

but yea numbers are everything for ADC's.

hopefully they dont give him below 550 range... or I'll be very sad.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh

Guess I've gotta stop playing until this Comcast issue gets fixed!!! Even though I generally have a steady 100 ping, sometimes in games I (and many other Comcast users it seems) get this "rubberbanding" lag where the game is literally unplayable, despite ping appearing normal. I can see health bars going down sometimes, but nothing's moving or autoattacking. Then the game will enter fast motion to catch up, which usually results in me finding out I died to something.

Sooo I guess I'll be trying out dota2.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I had that issue at a friends house last night. Made my games completely unplayable. :applejack:

Varist

Smash Lord
everyone could tell that Zac was going to be op based on just looking at his kit before release. and then he was released, and was OP as **** go figure.

but yea numbers are everything for ADC's.

hopefully they dont give him below 550 range... or I'll be very sad.
Nah, in fact of all the recent releases people thought Zac was going to be the most miserable because of the fact that his health costs were tuned to completely **** him. It wasn't until after the changed the numbers on all of his stuff that people had high hopes for him. The people who believe he's OP are the people who look at his slingshot and get really assmad that he can engage from anywhere, when really at that point engaging from so far away doesn't help you at all. Where he just engaged from, is where his team still is. Zac's going to lose a large chunk of HP just initiating on your team, more than any other initiator since his slingshot is so telegraphed and puts him so far away from the group. In solo queue the follow-up on a Zac engage is even slower. Zac is an incredibly underwhelming champion that really is only picked because of his passive. He thrives when people want to dive the lonely top laner to pick up a quick FB + Tower, because it's difficult to dive a top lane Zac. As a jungler, he's no more special than any other SotAG + Locket + Bulwark meat shield.

D

Deleted member

Lucian's kit looks crazy fun, master yi rework seems good. going by the PBE patch notes I notice they are overall giving a lot more high end MR options, and existing MR items seem to be getting more. As a tank player this makes me very happy.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
where did u find that? o.o

also lucian seems fun as hell. His ulti having as scaling seems pretty insane at first glance but we shall see.

Player-3

Smash Hero
not really considering he can't auto during it and it seems pretty easy to outplay the damage he puts out, puts a high skill cap/floor on the champ

Okuser

Smash Ace
Nah, in fact of all the recent releases people thought Zac was going to be the most miserable because of the fact that his health costs were tuned to completely **** him. It wasn't until after the changed the numbers on all of his stuff that people had high hopes for him. The people who believe he's OP are the people who look at his slingshot and get really assmad that he can engage from anywhere, when really at that point engaging from so far away doesn't help you at all. Where he just engaged from, is where his team still is. Zac's going to lose a large chunk of HP just initiating on your team, more than any other initiator since his slingshot is so telegraphed and puts him so far away from the group. In solo queue the follow-up on a Zac engage is even slower. Zac is an incredibly underwhelming champion that really is only picked because of his passive. He thrives when people want to dive the lonely top laner to pick up a quick FB + Tower, because it's difficult to dive a top lane Zac. As a jungler, he's no more special than any other SotAG + Locket + Bulwark meat shield.

wut .

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
When Smart Cast Range Indicators are enabled, the keybinding for Self Cast Spell (ALT by default) will activate the ability immediately on key press, rather than on key release. This matches the behavior of abilities which are innately self-cast, such as Sivir’s Spell Shield.
My favorite part of 3.9 changes.

My least favorite part being the new Draven passive, cool name but awful function.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
lol wow. that's alot of dmg.

god. pbe log in queue. Still waiting from when i made that post earlier today. Never knew pbe was so stacked lol.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Burst aoe in dragon form though..

Ult enemy team > E > Q > W

:| someone said her ult would drag people but i don't think that came from pbe

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Read that it still applies as single target spell vamp when calculating heal from hextech and such. So she hits a ton of enemies and gets full spell vamp from her AoE skill :p

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
it's nice buff. Not insane tho. I don't think anything will change as far as how much she's used goes.
Every auto that hits someone marked by the fireball does an extra 2% of max health damage, and I believe that works for EVERYONES autos, not just hers. Ult > W > E > Q > Hydra > Run around and auto and you do crazy burst damage, initiate, and mark tons of people to take extra damage from autos for like, 4ish seconds. Plus it makes her clear time even faster than it already was before (and she gets her ult faster too).

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
carry junglers just aren't viable atm with the pace of the games. There's no way shyv could get tanky enough to initiate and also build the awesome dmg items that synergize so well with her like bork and hydra. I just don't really see her bursting into real play anytime soon.

Meanwhile i'll stick to using her cuz she's a dragon and mauling ppls face off with ult is fun.

bassem6

Smash Lord
If people get off the draven bandwagon now after this nerf then I will be happy. Also Lucian looks great and will probably be op upon release.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
If I were building Shyv I think I would definitely want Randuins, and either BoRK or Hydra, probably BoRK though because she has no real CC of her own though and the attack speed has too much synergy with her kit. Ulting at their carry with Randuins and BoRK would be hella scary though and I don't think you're getting away outside of blinking over a wall, but that takes away a lot of the threat of AD's not named Ezreal for a couple seconds while they get back into the fight; I would consider that a job well done on your part.
If you are snowballing then sure, go Hydra after that, but I think BoRK is probably the only damage item she needs to get the job done. As long as you can stick on somebody, which Randuins and BoRK will let you do very well, your sustained damage should put in hella work.

That said... she still has no ganks... So her biggest problem still exists, and it's not like they are going to be changing that any time soon. Or ever... Because it's just part of her character now.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
So.. about Synda.
how isn't that ***** in like every single game?

Her level 2 ult with like 100 AP does close to 800-900 damage to a single target.
What the ****?

And it isn't avoidable once it's started...
and you're stunned for most of the damage/etc during it...

so.... Malzahar what?

what in god's **** is the counterplay to this champion?

Top Bottom