• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Dphat, would you be able to stream this stuff up? I'd like to have a look see when you guys play.

Also, Nunu/Teemo free week. Mother of god. I might not step foot in the jungle...:applejack:
Just play Eve jungle. Counterjungling Eve is risky because knowing where she is is hard. And Nunu can't just escape Eve for free like he can against most junglers because she can cleanse snowballs while giving herself a huge movespeed boost and the free movespeed she gets for hitting enemy champs with stuff. Constant Hatespike damage should make him think twice before stepping another foot into your jungle.

The other option, is to just buy wards yourself and play a murder jungler with a strong gapcloser. Somebody like Lee Sin or Xin can do well because they can jump on Nunu, slow him down, and then kill him or at least force Flash. Keep the river lit up in conjunction with your support and you can get the jump on Nunu pretty easily. If you do see him go past a ward and into your jungle, ping it like a madman to get your team to come.

Nunu's specialty is punishing poor communication, and objective control. You might not be able to stop his ability to control objectives better than anybody else, but you can sure as hell communicate better and not let him march into your jungle for free.

Coney

Smash Master
i actually might be able to play tonight, going to RAW and will be home late

if so i can stream

also are you really gonna be able to make calls from bot lane? seems risky

unless you're not playing adc

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I know how to deal with Nunu for the most part. I just don't want to put up with it in normals is all. Players don't give jack squat about their jungler's woes in normal games, draft or otherwise, and that's all I play when I start up LoL. It makes it kinda hard to coordinate any kind of counterplay against Nunu.

Thanks anyways though. I've been considered picking up Eve again as a means of giving Nunu players the bird.

:applejack:

bassem6

Smash Lord
If I can't message you on facebook practice starts at 1045pm cst

I'll be on as well. Idk if you will need me since you have a support you will be trying out but I would love to play some more and I wouldn't mind being the team's dedicated support. Had a lot of fun last night and I am on every night if you are looking for somebody to consistently fill the support role...not to mention we won bot every game!

Edit: I'm also down to spectate your games and analyze them or help theorycraft some sexy comps like that poke comp we ran last night

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
I'm just trying people out, tbh I expect 1-2 roster changes before the LCS qualifier. This will be my last attempt so I'm putting all my effort into this. When I'm not at work I'll be thinking stuff up so we can try/attempt in ranked 5.
ALSO I can't stress how important it is to purchase wards. In most of the lcs matches you'll see close to 6-8 wards dropped within the first minute. So everyone need to get in the habit of purchasing wards, heck even as an ADC I'll purchase 1-2 wards during laning phase.

What's The Point

Smash Master
I'm just trying people out, tbh I expect 1-2 roster changes before the LCS qualifier. This will be my last attempt so I'm putting all my effort into this. When I'm not at work I'll be thinking stuff up so we can try/attempt in ranked 5.
ALSO I can't stress how important it is to purchase wards. In most of the lcs matches you'll see close to 6-8 wards dropped within the first minute. So everyone need to get in the habit of purchasing wards, heck even as an ADC I'll purchase 1-2 wards during laning phase.
If you are trying people out I'd like to try.

Player-3

Smash Hero
i'll be on but bank hasn't transferred any money yet so i havent been able to fix my internet PMS

so good luck comrades

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
I have been saving up for Lisandra, but after seeing Lucian's kit I think I may have changed my mind.
He looks crazy fun.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
It's a fairly limited reset given that it's only usable while he's channeling his ult, but it is still a reset and resets of any sort are strong by nature.
I think what will make him strong is that he looks like he'll be a strong kiter with his dash (I'm assuming it's probably Tumble range?) and movespeed steroid, and depending on the scaling on his passive double attack he'll be a strong duelist.
I'm curious as to how his ult works. Does it just fire straight ahead and keep firing in that direction regardless of him moving? Or is it more like Corki's E in that if you change direction with his little dash does his ult change to fire in the new direction you are facing?

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
As an adc main, he looks fun as hell so Ill definitely be getting him day 1 to try him out, but Im not seeing OP here like a lot of people keep whinning about.
- He has no cc
- His passive, while strong, requires use of spells, and none of his spells look like they would have a short cd to abuse it too hard
- He cant auto or use spells (outside of dash) during his ult meaning his passive cant be used during it either
- His dash only refreshes when he kills with his ult and is only a 1 time slow removal, not a CANNOTBESLOWEDCANNOTBESLOWEDCANNOTBESLOWED
- His ult is single target, not AoE
- He has no AS/AD steroids (outside of a movement speed buff on a character who has no cc and needs to kite, which isnt OP so much as necessary)

He definitely looks like a champ with a great laning phase and hit and run burst damage due to his passive and mobility who can bring out the dps in team fights with his ult and its good mobility. However, I also feel like, while he'll always be strong in duels, he'll need his ult to really be effective in team fights since it gives him basically all of his dps AND mobility, and without any cc and only a one time dash, he'll have a hard time in teamfights when his ult is on cd not supplying him with the damage and mobility a squishy, zero cc champ would need. If his ult has a really short cool down, he could prove to be pretty ridiculous, but aside from that I think he sounds pretty well balanced at first glance.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
His ult is a continous spray while he can move.. Wonder if he can use his dash while his ult is on
Uh, I thought it said he can use his dash while channeling his ult, but not move normally. And the dash resets if he gets a kill while channeling. I got the impression his ult can only hit one target max, which seems weird, considering it sounds like a continuous laser beam type thing.

Okuser

Smash Ace
Yo riot please revert every single minor corki buff you've given corki in the last 6 patches or so and revert his valkyrie cooldown nerf. problem. ****ing. solved. it's not complicated.

Leacero

Smash Lord
Uh, I thought it said he can use his dash while channeling his ult, but not move normally. And the dash resets if he gets a kill while channeling. I got the impression his ult can only hit one target max, which seems weird, considering it sounds like a continuous laser beam type thing.

Sounded like he could move normally, and the ult sounds like a persistent beam attack that continually hits the first target in its path (i.e. it just doesn't go through).

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Directly Copy/Pasted from the thread on leagues site:

The Culling
Lucian moves freely while firing rapidly in a single direction, dealing damage to the first enemy hit. Lucian can cast Relentless Pursuit while shooting.

Based on that, I assume it means it doesnt hinder his mobility at all and he can run around during it. I have a feeling it will be like a stream of bullets in front of him that stop on the first person they hit and that you can move around with him but he will always fire in that straight line after activation, so you can move side to side, forward and back, etc, but no turning/pivoting/lock on/anything like that.

EDIT:

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
So Rumble Flamesplitter with tiny hitbox? If it's not targeted, you could probably easily dodge it just by moving, like Twitch ult but worse. If it's targeted, you'll lose uptime by kiting or just moving in general. Really curious how Riot handles this. And really confused why they haven't given more details about such a strange, unique ability.

Top Bottom