• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
people have the mentality that you have to finish a spirit item first? what

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Thanks Mogwai. I went Smite Nunu top in ranked (9/10/11 masteries, ap quints and ap/level blues) against a Pantheon. Got killing spree, soloed Baron around the 20 minute mark, won game, team praised me like I was some kinda god. And it was all ridiculously easy.

Life

Smash Hero
So I'm pretty sure my jungling is now acceptable as pre-20 goes. 5/2/7, and the enemy team surrendered very quickly that game, and we didn't even have a meta comp (Riven/Fizz bot, Vi top, Annie mid, my Kha'zix jungle). Leashed blue. Annie and Vi made a couple great plays.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
When I came back to League after a ~half a year break, the thing I was most glad to see not change was top lane Nunu.
Whenever I feel like cheesing I play Nunu up top. "Oh no! I'm almost dead! Oh wait, I ate a minion, I'm almost at full health again."
Solo Baron? Np Np. Just have your team push bot lane or something to keep the other team busy.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Watch mogwai's stream!
But seriously I took smite (because who needs ignite or stuff?) and went unholy grail -> spectral wraith. Really good even though I wasn't jungling. I think my consume was max rank as well.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Pretty much all you need is some lifesteal, some cdr, and some armor.
Hella easy. Takes awhile, but if it isn't warded and your team is grouped up bot and forcing the other team to be there you can get away with it pretty easily.
Hell, sometimes in normals you can just do it because its a normal.

Edit so I'm not double posting...
So I wanted to give the new Udyr a go, went up top in each game because that's just where I've almost exclusively played him for a majority of my League days. The Turtle stance nerf hurts, but only in the sense that you can't force your opponent back to base, and then be at full health and mana by the time they return.
As long as you aren't picking him in an obviously stupid lane like Teemo, Jace, Elise (pretty much anybody that you can't engage on) , you still just crush with the combination of Tiger/Turtle/Bear. With the old Turtle stance you could pick him into virtually any lane and at least free farm, because nobody could really force you out, which isn't the case now. Still, anybody that you can force an exchange with pretty much looses the exchange and you bully them out of lane easily. The changes to Bear stance are pretty damn sweet. Especially when combined with his new passive. I was hitting 500+ movespeed with just my Mercs. No movespeed from runes/masteries, though I'll be certainly experimenting with movespeed quints. I think going 21 offense is too good to pass up on Tiger Udyr, but maybe movespeed quints are better than the flat AD quints? I'm not sure. The flat AD on quints and red make last hitting braindead, and scale so well with the earlygame Tiger damage, but the movespeed quints would do me much more as the game progresses.
Basically games were going as they have always gone as top lane Udyr. I was crushing lane because they had zero way to profitably or evenly trade with me, and the new Bear Stance and passive make it that much easier to force trades. Instead of just going back to full health and mana, I was pushing hard up to their tower, then backing and buying. Sure, maybe not quite as good as being immovable... but still brutally good.

After a few games in I wanted to see if I could be an immovable object again, so I went with an early Tear of the Goddess. Pretty much similar results to the old Turtle Stance, but at the cost of potential other items. Muramana later on was good though once you added in other items. Built Frostborn Gauntlet and Banshees later on to further build upon Muramana. The game went hella late, so aside from really lategame sacrificing early game potential with Tear is probably much weaker then it was in the game I tried it in. I feel like it only worked because the game dragged on long enough to where I was able to get so much mana that it became crazy gold efficient.

With Bear Stance, Blade of the Ruined King, and Frostborn Guantlet it was basically impossible to escape me. I don't think much besides the obvious kite champions like Ashe can get away from him with that kind of build. Or just the champs that have way too much mobility like Leblanc, but nobody can really catch her... Had a support Karma in one of my games and with her shield and her Shurelya's I kinda felt like Hecarim.

Haven't given the new Phoenix Stance a go, but I absolutely love the new Bear Stance. Turtle Stance changes as far as top lane Udyr is concerned just basically means you can't pick him against anybody. As long as you pick him against the right champs though it's not going to change much. /Udyr rant

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
decided to break away from my monster hunter addiction and try playing league. Bought Zac, and just built what the game told me to build cause **** the police.

Best moment of the night for me was zac ult + lulu ult

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Had my first experiences vs zac just now, His kit seemed a bit underwhelming to me. Very strong in bruiser 1v1s imo due to unstable matter, but his teamfights were seemingly lacking. I barely even noticed his stun and his ult looks like its more suited for carry protection or follow up initiation than to be a full on tank. Where he shined the most, imo, was in small chases and tower dives. his slow is long ranged and enough for him to land a good jump on you. its also hard to chase him if you dont have any cc off cd to interrupt his jump. In small skirmishes his passive is easy to deal with. However even in just a 3v3 teamfight its very hard to single out his blobs, which you shouldn't be doing anyway since he is the tank. He has a less obvious, built in ga basically. Gives him a second chance to stun a carry and chunk some percentile dmg before going down or getting out.

How do you deal with split pushing? When one team has enough of an advantage that they can pressure 4v5 without fear of the other team engaging on them, how can the team thats behind combat the 5th man pushing their top inhib? Is that just essentially another win condition?

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Phoenix udyr is crazy good imo. Sheen+phoenix so much burst.....

not to mention u get easy as hell pushing.

i don't like maxing turtle anymore. phoenix+tiger+bear. Indomitable beast.

Leacero

Smash Lord
Thinking in terms of linear combos is probably not going to have much point. Adjusting Mantra usage to the situation at hand is probably going to happen more often. Leveling R is worth it, leveling every ultimate in the game is worth it, the only exception used to be Janna and AP Sion. I'm pretty sure Riot wants you to level a champion's ultimate whenever possible and has kept this in mind for all future releases.
I leave Zil ult at 1 until after W is maxed, and maybe sometimes after E too.

Cia

das kwl
Karma Relaunch is patching on the PBE right now. Also, VanZ, who else did you give the Misty account to? I get bumped off once in awhile (and noticed it's at plat, lol)
I only gave you access to it. I've been using it a lot since january, but haven't used it in about 2 weeks. If you're getting bumped off, it's probably PBE shenanigans.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Had to play a Platinum Lee Sin in top lane as Poppy. Was pretty damn fun; I didn't expect to do good but I ended up 7/0/0 with double his CS.
Still ended up losing though.

One of those games where your Ezreal gets 10 kills and then suddenly thinks he can take on the world. It's hilarious how a 15-0 kills game can go so, so wrong. :applejack:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
How do you even lose a 15-0 lead game with poppy lmao, her late game w/items is actually good and she can actually legit 1v5 when fed loooool

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Lulu, Nasus, Draven, Ryze, and Lee Sin. Flash, speed ups, and 2 Reveries.
If you can find a way to get to Draven through all of that without getting slowed even once, then let me know. :applejack:

Our jungle was Udyr by the way. We had zero gap closers.

Evoke

Smash Apprentice
This Zac jumped over baron pit and fly by smited literally the first game after the patch. 300 global gold started snowballing and they secured two towers, dragon and our nexus =[

Evoke

Smash Apprentice
I think it's more of a challenge to lose to bots on your own than it is to play at Challenger tier.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
I was going to start playing ranked, but the client is about as unstable as it's ever been.

So later, I guess.

I have one bot game loss. Intermediate bots, a character I tried out for the first time (Sej) and three disconnects on my team. And this was before the bots stay at the fountain when someone DCs.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I just wish you could choose intermediate when making a custom game by yourself :(
There's a freaking difficulty option but it ONLY has beginner. What the hell.

Life

Smash Hero
Apparently intermediate bots require bot-to-bot communication (why I don't know) and you can't guarantee that in a custom game? Though it still seems silly.

Evoke

Smash Apprentice
I was going to start playing ranked, but the client is about as unstable as it's ever been.
Right now I've never had a more stable client, and I'm running LoLReplay. Haven't had the client crash since Zac patch.

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Intermediate bots in custom games were reported for refusing to communicate with human players, therefore are banned from the game mode.

Top Bottom