• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Coney

Smash Master
karma feels really really really good now

like crazy good

maybe i'm overreacting but

karma mid feels like the new orianna

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Skill order and build order? Average combo against lane opponent?
I assume you max Q first, then probably W for the damage and root duration. W->root->RQ seems like the most basic combo, for the guaranteed damage on the second half of her Q. E to mitigate damage/help catch up. What about leveling up her R, is it worth it?

Vyke

Smash Champion
Thinking in terms of linear combos is probably not going to have much point. Adjusting Mantra usage to the situation at hand is probably going to happen more often. Leveling R is worth it, leveling every ultimate in the game is worth it, the only exception used to be Janna and AP Sion. I'm pretty sure Riot wants you to level a champion's ultimate whenever possible and has kept this in mind for all future releases.

Life

Smash Hero
little harder at lower levels, your gonna back a lot more than if you were level 30.

Until you hit 20 and get runes, these help a lot, just farm what you can then back when you get to low, get a feel for what you can and can't do.

Also that feel when you win a game and land on 99 LP fffuuu.
Okay, thanks for confirming that I'm not just screwing something very obvious up (unless runes count as obvious but then...)

Generally with no leash I can get wolves, wraiths, and the smaller of the two golems without having to b. Dunno if it's worth only doing one golem tho.

I remembered after I posted that I leashed wolves and then blue, so I wasn't at full health and could probably pull off a blue if I went there first (but it would be risky).

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
riot graves skin i picked up from GDC

NENUQEKQ3CXUA6

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Your redemption code has already been used.

In other news, Muramana's passive procs off of every tick of Karma's W and it's horribly broken ATM. Get free elo while you can!

Life

Smash Hero
People should be helping you leash both wolves and blue unless they're butt heads.
That's solo queue. :p

Seriously, though, I got like 2-3 of them to help with wolves and the LeBlanc stuck around for blue. I didn't play it perfectly anyway so my responsibility.

What's The Point

Smash Master
Aw man this seems to be a great patch. First it broke and they had to undo it, Karma didn't work for awhile, now Leona can crash the game and Thresh causes massive FPS problems.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
It just takes practice, and jungling is unnecessarily hard before you hit level 30 and have all the runes. No runes, combined with lack of experience, makes it super difficult.

Did Muramana Karma in ranked and won! It takes a stupidly long time to max out so I'm not sure if it's worth it :( with a couple items though you can 1 shot enemy carries.

WTP where are you getting this info? I just had a Leona in my game without any problems.

What's The Point

Smash Master
WTP where are you getting this info? I just had a Leona in my game without any problems.
Reddit. If she Zenith Blades (E) on someone that becomes untargetable (Zhonya's, Vlad pool) the game crashes for everyone. Or it might be using the skill on some one currently untargetable.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
I'm having the opposite experience that people in this thread so far. I'm finding new Karma extremely underwhelming.

That and I can't jungle with her anymore...

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Well, what're you building on her?
http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Karma just look at those base damages and ratios!
Lux full combo (assuming 1 passive proc) is 1360+205%, plus a shield
Karma WRQ combo is 1045+210%, plus a shield
oh wait... well at least her CDs are shorter, I guess?

I was thinking something like RoA -> CDR item (Morellonomicon probably) -> Deathcap. You could try Spirit Visage, but it doesn't seem offensive enough. Tanky spellpen like Elise seems like it could work, except Karma benefits heavily from CDR.

Niko45

Smash Master
trading 4% of current health for potentially 8% of 5 people's max health every 4 seconds? Ionno mang, maybe it won't play out as broken as it sounds, but I'm excited to see him hit the servers.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Yeah, it's not like there'll be silences, snares, stuns, and other kinds of CC going around.
No one plays with that stuff anymore. :applejack:

Niko45

Smash Master
I'm sure they'll just let you wait 4 seconds to do it again
If you are arguing that he will not be able to 1v5 teams, shockingly I agree with you. Ideally you will have 4 other people on the team with you doing things as well.

Oh, and realize that cdr exists. Spell vamp exists. Spectral Wraith zac jungle anyone? That item is insanely cost efficient right now and seems tailored to his kit. Depending on your current health, you could easily vamp back the cost of the spell and more. If you get max CDR that's a 2.4 second CD. Think ahead a bit.

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Unless Zac is facing a full team of melees, pretty sure that means aiming to stay away from the area of that ability for it to be a big problem.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Don't forget his W costs 4% of his current health but it makes him SHED A CHUNK that will heal him for 4% of his maximum health. Sounds pretty okay.

Vyke

Smash Champion
If you are arguing that he will not be able to 1v5 teams, shockingly I agree with you. Ideally you will have 4 other people on the team with you doing things as well.

Oh, and realize that cdr exists. Spell vamp exists. Spectral Wraith zac jungle anyone? That item is insanely cost efficient right now and seems tailored to his kit. Depending on your current health, you could easily vamp back the cost of the spell and more. If you get max CDR that's a 2.4 second CD. Think ahead a bit.
You act as if people haven't tested this internally and on the PBE before. I realize that champion's power levels are often more thoroughly gauged until after they are released, but Riot has been learning over the past two years.

You aren't going to rush Spectral Wraith early, and you don't want it mid-game, you are a tank. It doesn't help you tank. Your ratios are pretty bad, and your damage is pretty lackluster, so what use is the spell vamp to you but to get back less health than simply building... oh... I don't know... a Spirit Visage. (I wonder why it's core?)

Niko45

Smash Master
I'd build visage too. :D

Plenty of junglers that want to end up being tanks for their team have rushed elder lizard and other similarly priced damage items in the past to great effect, tanking up a bit later. Don't see why it'd be a problem.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Don't forget his W costs 4% of his current health but it makes him SHED A CHUNK that will heal him for 4% of his maximum health. Sounds pretty okay.
Good thing other characters can just breathe on it and nullify that factor.
@Niko: I think it's because most of the other tanky junglers deal more upfront damage than Zac does. It'd give them an excuse for forgoing a bit of early game tank. :applejack:

Vyke

Smash Champion
To be honest, Espy, that isn't really a problem. Most people aren't looking to step on his blobs, and the algorithm that determines where they land isn't nearly as bad as people think it is. You'll pick up enough blobs during the course of fights even when you aren't meaning to.

Niko45

Smash Master
Anyways, I wasn't meaning to say "riot is ****ing up," I just think zac is gonna be strong, esp considering his synergy with some very strong cost efficient items (glad u mentioned visage) right now. I'm excited, not complaining. :D

My thought process is basically that with spell vamp, u'll nullify most (maybe all) of your health spells costs, and then you'll have free healing lying around constantly because ur spells are very low CD and you can build a ton of CDR on him pretty naturally. You can hate on Wraith, but if you're jungling you'll need some sort of jungling item anyway so why not Wraith?

Vyke

Smash Champion
There's no way you're going to nullify 4% current health with Spell Vamp on an all AoE champ with tank ratios.

All you need is the Spirit Stone. Build Health/CDR right after it, you don't NEED to finish a Spirit item first.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
To be honest, Espy, that isn't really a problem. Most people aren't looking to step on his blobs, and the algorithm that determines where they land isn't nearly as bad as people think it is. You'll pick up enough blobs during the course of fights even when you aren't meaning to.
I watched some PBE vids and really, it just feels like something you kinda have to micromanage if the other laner (for top Zac) realizes that they can actually contribute to his sustainability, or lack thereof.

Either way though, that's lane Zac and not jungle Zac, so yeah.

@Asdioh: Cowardkong. :applejack:

Vyke

Smash Champion
From the time he has been introduced to the time he was just about to release, Zac changed drastically in that time-span due to subninja devoting a lot of time and effort to how he worked. I am speaking from personal experience from two days ago from playing him.

Jungle Zac obviously doesn't need to worry about it nearly as much, but Top Lane Zac is awful anyway so don't bother with it.

Top Bottom